Thread: Have you left your husband at home ?

Banned Read only

Have you left your husband at home ?

I was shopping in my local supermarket this morning when I noticed a lady standing in the aisle looking confused , so I asked her if she was OK ? she replied that she usually shopped in Sainsburys with her husband so she felt a little lost by herself in a different supermarket . She then went on to say , " You appear to be managing OK , have you left your husband at home ? " I looked at her and smiled then replied , " Best place for him , he hates shopping !"

OK naughty me !

I met her a couple more times and her trolley was filling up so she was doing fine without dear old hubby , I know how she feels !!!
    Last edited by Teresa; 02-20-2020 at 11:07 AM.

Haha, nice.

Aspiring Member
    Sound like you are always having fun. Little thing like that make you feel good about how you look.
    Keep it up!
    Sara

Oh Teresa, sometimes we all need to smile more and between this post and the last one from Bobbi46 on her thread I am certainly doing that.
    Crissy

Banned Read only
    Sara,
    Don't ask me if I looked passable ! It was a horrible windy , rain soaked morning , I thought it wiser to wear my old wig but the weather had made me look as if I'd been dragged through a hedge backwards but then most others were looking the same way . Also lets not forget it is half term week and the long suffering mothers had dragged themselves out , hardly a touch of makeup and a kiss and a promise on their hair with all the kids in tow !

Crissy,
    I usually have a smile on my face because I know so few of these interactions would happen if I was a guy , to touch the lady's arm and chat to her like that wouldn't have happened in male mode .

Teresa, First congrats on being accepted. Second, your quip back was perfect.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Teresa I smile always when talking to others mostly because I feel good being my true self but also it opens up others to a more comfortable situation. I too have found myself ever so lightly touching other womens arm while talking, these are just two small things that I have just taken to as a natural part of myself. Good for you for leaving your husband home, it's a real pain dragging around a complaining grown child who won't even hold your purse for security reasons.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Aspiring Member
    Great story.
    Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

New Member from Scotland paulinescotlandcd's Avatar
    great story - made me chuckle

Banned Read only
    Lisa,
    As long as he was behaving himself and not trying on my clothes , what is the World coming to ??

Very cute story Teresa. I think you present very well and always look good.
    And the proof of that is, when you don't feel or look just right, and still get
    compliments and thought of as a woman. That's the ultimate validation and
    has to make you feel great!

HAHAHAH, Yes men always wanting to try on our clothes... What's wrong with them???
    paula

Hi Teresa,

What a wonderful compliment! Especially on a day when you're not feeling all put together. I absolutely love your quick witted comeback.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Thank you for bring a smile to my face. I needed that !

Very good, Teresa! I got a chuckle out of that! Men wearing women's clothes, indeed!!! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Banned Read only
    Paula,
    Thanks for the compliment but it is a lesson in trying too hard and what it really takes to blend in .

Lana ,
    I'm sure it's not something you would be caught doing , as for Harry would you trust him ?

Believe me Teresa, I keep my eye on that Harry person! LOL Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Teresa, I quite often encounter interactions while shopping as a male, so I don't think your experience is unique to gender presentation. Surely it is just part of the human experience, is it not?

Platinum Member
    I agree with Sharon. Just today I was in a local grocery/variety store and offered to assist a short woman by getting tissues off the back of the top shelf. As my wife is only five foot two I recognize a short woman in distress. All the time I am either asked or volunteer to retrieve wares from top shelves. And, if you want to strike up a conversation with a woman in a store I suggest wearing a Peanuts/Snoopy graphic tee shirt. Snoopy is a chick magnet.

Silver Member
    Nice, Many of us older people find it hard to shop in strange places. My wife gets mad because I talk to people in the super markets. Well I talk to everyone anywhere. It is really interesting, especially in the super stores. I get to talk about all kinds of stuff. Over the years at the large discount stores such as Marshal's I've helped women find the bra they are looking for and telling a couple which ones I prefer.

Banned Read only
    Sharon,
    Maybe you missed the point , the lady obvioulsy thought I was female otherwise why did she ask the question ? I have a male friend in my painting group now who refers to his partner as his husband but to ask a person you think is male if he's left his husband at home isn't going to happen in a supermarket .

Liz,
    I'm like you I chat to anyone , once you've broken the ice people do respond .

Lana,
    You're in an ideal position now to blame it all on Harry , it's what women do isn't it ? I have to be careful who I blame as my name hasn't changed very much .
    Last edited by Teresa; 02-21-2020 at 05:33 AM.

Diamond Bar & Ventura both of which are in Southern California
    Very funny story. That made me smile. Glad to hear that you had a very positive interaction.

Ciara at the weekend
    Teresa, what a lovely little cameo of your shopping trip. Isn't it amazing how little conversations like this can make your day.

Banned Read only
    Ciara,
    I did feel for the lady , it's bad enough when your local supermarket have a swap round and everything has moved let alone shopping in a totally strange one , especially when hubby isn't to hand .