Thread: Costco shopping En Femme

Costco shopping En Femme

This morning I got dressed and made up as my female self intending to run some errands for my wife. She had asked me to pickup some clothes she had on hold at Talbot?s. No big deal I?ve been there to return things she ordered online the always treat me well. On the way home I decided to stop a Costco to pickup some necessities coffee being the most important. When I went to checkout the cashier looked me straight in the face and asked is ?is he here with you?? To which I replied no I?m here by myself. She let me checkout but told me I needed to get my own card, which would require ?him? coming in with me.

I guess you will be needing a new card, if you can ever get him to go shopping with you.

That's excellent! I have started ordering any new credit or debit cards without a title and just initials to make it easier if I ever manage to go out dressed

Banned Read only
    That's something, I don't look that much different since I don't wear a wig.

I am going to try to use my wife's card sometime to see how hard they really look at it.

It kinda makes me mad that I can't use my wife's card unless she is there. They have been cracking down on that the past few years. I have abandoned a Costco shopping cart full of parishables right at the checkout because they said the card holder has to be present and pay for the items.

You'd be mad as hell if having lost your card or had it pick pocketed that someone was allowed to use it to buy stuff. Okay without the pin they can only spend small amounts assuming it's contactless but a lot of small things can add up to a big over all amount.

On this point, it's been a thread before, Mastercard are developing a product which allows the owner to have whatever name the choose put on the card.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Banned Read only
    We are talking about a Costco membership card, not a credit card. Costco membership cards actually have your picture on them

Turns out Costco actually makes most of their profit on the membership fees. That's why they are getting tough on that.

As far as credit cards. Nobody looks at the name. My wife uses her bosses credit card to buy things for their office all the time, and her boss is a man.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 02-20-2020 at 02:42 PM.

Platinum Member
    I have a Costco membership card and a Costco Visa card. Each has a picture on it. If you are using the Costco Visa card that is sufficient to get into the store and check out. I've never had a checker not look at the picture to verify the identity of the user since Costco's checkouts a re just a "tap and go." Costco goes through a lot more effort to safeguard itself and its members than the self service checkout lanes at Wal-Mart, Target and others.

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    I have not had my Costco (Visa) card checked at the entrance in quite some time. I just hold out the card with the photo on the backside and I get waved right in. Suppose it could be that I visit in busy times in late afternoons and that store just down the road from the busiest gate into/out of Kirtland Air Force Base and Sandia National Laboratories. Perhaps they have learned that one must not interfere with our cravings to grab a rotisserie chicken for the evening dinner?

So, if I showed up en-femme in their slow hours with the male ID I would get busted? Probably. It does seem that the check-out folks pay a bit more attention to the membership ID.
    Last edited by LydiaL; 02-20-2020 at 09:07 PM.

Petra, I have been a Costco member for at least 25 years and I don't recall ever having an Associate look at the picture on my card. Recently they were trying to get me put an App on my phone so they can do away with the card.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Our Costco has self check out registers now. Makes the shopping faster, and suppose it would help with this.

I have been in our local Costco a couple times, no membership. I walk in, tell them I just want to look around and they remind me I can't buy without a membership and in I go. I don't know why they make such a big deal about checking memberships when you go in. Maybe just to keep the riff-raff out and also to avoid any confusion at the registers.

Banned Read only
    Getting in Costco is never a problem they as long as you have a card. Maybe it's just ours but they have been militant about checking your card when you checkout for the past couple years. Every single time they look at the name and picture. As I said I have abandoned a full cart at the checkout because they would not let me use my wife's Costco card.

As far a being en-femme and using card with your male name and picture. I really doubt there would be a problem. Bars and clubs around here make everyone show ID regardless of how old you are because the law is "Must have valid ID". I have never been refused entry to a club or refused to be served alcohol because I was presenting as female and I showed a male ID. But I have been refused entry to a club because my license was expired when I was in my 40's.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 02-21-2020 at 02:56 PM.

I have been costco enfemme but never bought anything other than a hot dog at the food court and gas. Had no problem going in. I am surprised they asked for the card holder to be there too. I did just here they are going to start checking membership at the food court
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Had that once at Sam's club. Now they don't have pictures on the cards. Plus the whole scan and go on the app noone sees the card any ways.

Platinum Member
    Just an additional fact about shopping at Costco. I do not know how it is in other states, but, in Washington State the law allows the general public to use the Costco pharmacy without being a member. Same with Sam's Club.

I don't know if it the law in Nevada but you can use the pharmacy and vision centers at Costco and Sam's club, without being a member.

Diamond Bar & Ventura both of which are in Southern California
    Quote Originally Posted by Petra Lynn View Post
    On the way home I decided to stop a Costco to pickup some necessities coffee being the most important. When I went to checkout the cashier looked me straight in the face and asked is ?is he here with you?? To which I replied no I?m here by myself. She let me checkout but told me I needed to get my own card, which would require ?him? coming in with me.
    That is quite a compliment on your ability to pass!!

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    Nice! The Costco in our town is pretty militant, they probably would not have let me complete a transaction in that circumstance.
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Cool... great compliment really.

I have only bought pizza and pumped gas at costco when femme, both don't require picture id. But also I have long hair (so no wig) and don't wear makeup so my face is unchanged between modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelasfun View Post
    Nice! The Costco in our town is pretty militant, they probably would not have let me complete a transaction in that circumstance.
    I was prepared to tell the I was the member and show my ID if needed.