Thread: One small step...

One small step...

Have I mentioned in the past that I?ve taken a week?s holiday away from home and spend it entirely enfemme. No, oh I must have. Yep it?s me talking about my hols again.

Well, as holiday rental properties can get booked up quiet early and keen not to miss out on the place I?ve used for the past two years, I went online to make my reservation. The week I wanted was there, it coincides with a support group?s monthly meeting which I sort of gate crash but I?m always made welcome, so that?s why I opt for that particular week. Before booking it I decided to just search and see what other properties were available that are in my price bracket in the same area. During my search I came across a nice looking, well appointed, three bedroom, sleeps six property. Scanning the pictures I looked at the master bedroom and oh joy, huge double wardrobe with floor to ceiling mirror doors. It?s a gurl?s dream. Add to that a dressing table with makeup mirror, what?s not to like?

I think I should add at this point that all the cottages I?ve rented over the years have been in isolated locations. Places I could come and go unobserved. This place however is a semi-detached property on the edge of town and on a small residential estate.

It?s at this point I now question what I should do. After all I spend all day, every day out and about enfemme so does being in a position where I may be observed and potentially targeted (that?s my worry) make sense. There was always the risk of someone realising it was me staying in my isolated cottage and being on my own to face a potential attacker. Those little demon voices on our shoulders find a way of keep coming back, don?t they?

Google maps street view lets me look around the area. Nice neat, well-kept properties, the sort of place you might expect to find a more mature set of residents. I can walk to the local station in 10-15 minutes for my shopping excursions and there?s a small convenience store a few hundred yards away.

Well I must admit there were certainly a few butterflies as I hovered over the ?Book it now? button and then after I few moment it was pressed and the deed done. What swayed me was I felt I need to move on from those first few holidays when I started taking those tentative steps out and about. I?m now fully confident enfemme in the real world and this is a logical step forward. Perhaps this is my opportunity to do as others here do and truly represent our community. I won?t shout out my presence, I?ll dress to blend and just go about my business as any other person would and if I bump into the neighbours, well we?ll play that by ear.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Banned Read only
    Helen,
    I'm sure you don't telling that it will possibly be best to appear totally as Helen . As it's a rental property you never know who has rented in the past so it's a fair assumption the neighbours have seen most things . I had a holiday cottage in Norfolk , we never knew who rented it and never had any problems from neighbours apart from a "druggie " who conned a famliy into giving him a bed and broke into the payphone to fund his next fix . I had a strange phone call from his father accusing me of being irresponsible .

It does make sense to play safe so your choice is possibly wiser , I hope it all works out OK and youi have a great time as Helen .

Sounds as if you have made a very well thought-out and deliberate decision that was a long time in the making, but also highly overdue (dare I say "Bucket List"? ). Congratulations, Helen, and here's hoping that the experience turns out to be everything that you have anticipated.

Needless to say, we will all be waiting with bated breath to hear how it all went down once the time comes...

Helen,
    I am sure you will have a wonderful time going somewhere where nobody you might know will see you will make your time away so much more enjoyable, best wishes.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Wishing you the best, Helen! Sometimes you just have to take another step! Please, let us know how it goes! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Helen, sounds like a positive step forward and a good choice.

Small steps are how one walks in heels.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Helen,
    I'm sure you don't telling that it will possibly be best to appear totally as Helen .
    That's one of the things I'll have to consider closer to the time, November BTW. Some properties you're met by the owner or their rep. Most these days have a key safe on the wall and you're given the code. If the latter then while I can't really leave home fully enfemme I can largely underdress and put the final touches on in the car once away from home. That way as you say Teresa I can appear as Helen from start to finish. If it's a meet and greet then I'm not sure I'd want to appear enfemme.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    Sounds as if you have made a very well thought-out and deliberate decision that was a long time in the making, but also highly overdue (dare I say "Bucket List"? ). Congratulations, Helen, and here's hoping that the experience turns out to be everything that you have anticipated.

Needless to say, we will all be waiting with bated breath to hear how it all went down once the time comes...
    Leslie,

I do tend to plan these things as getting it wrong could spoil the whole week away. The going out and about is now no big deal for me but with this house being just one of many on the street it does potentially raise my visibility. It is I suppose a bucket list item, living with the muggles is one way of looking at it. I do try to find new and different things to do for each of my little adventures and this certainly counts as one of those.

Thanks to everyone for there supportive words.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed