Thread: Almost Rung Up

Almost Rung Up

Last Monday, I was able to finally have some time alone to dress, put on makeup and try various wigs. It was fairly abbreviated, however since I had not been able to be Tiffany in a few months, I truly enjoyed it. Wearing a floral top, fully made up, skinny jeans and knee high boots I snapped some photos in the back yard. The doorbell rang it was Amazon dropping off a package. After I was sure the delivery van left I headed to the front door, opened the door and was about to step onto the porch when I remembered the Ring device which would have captured my attire and makeup. While my wife knows that I am a crossdresser it is DADT and a strong negative attitude. She would have not been at all happy to get that video from Ring.

Phew, I stepped back and after changing back to drab grabbed the package from the porch.

We have no other web cams, I control technology in the house and none coming anytime soon.

Anyone else been captured on Ring?

Hugs,

Tiffany

Platinum Member
    I just a posting by Helen who is renting a home for several days. In the era of technology one has to be careful of security cameras all over the place. When renting a property sometimes there are security cameras in play and are mentioned on the site. It is my understanding the cameras may be prohibited in areas of expected privacy; bedrooms and bathrooms. The owner may be surprised when reviewing the security tape after the person vacates the property. My across the street neighbor's security cameras can record my front door which is about 120 feet away when its motion detector is activated by a passing car/person. So, if I go out for an evening drive and return home I have to wait until her lights go out after I pull up my driveway. Then the cameras stopped recording. Just assume you're being recorded a multitude of times when leaving the home.

I get captured by my Ring cameras every time I leave the house and when I come home. Not a problem for me as only my wife and son see the videos and they both are well aware of Phoebe.
    Phoebe

Silver Member
    I get captured by Ring all the time. then again most everyone knows I dress as a woman. I don't wear dresses usually so most show me with jeans and blouse. I have had on sweaters that may show my bra, but haven't seen any pictures. That is one thing about cameras, depending on the weave etc. your lingerie can reflect increased light and display everything. I've had it happen in stores when looking for a security system.

Who needs a surveillance state when the citizens willingly do the job for them? But I think DADT covers your spy camera, er, doorbell. Your wife would have to actively monitor the feed, which is asking.

Tiffany, I am the keeper of the Blink cameras in my house. So I don't worry about what is seen. Also, my wife is fully accepting and encouraging.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Reality Check
    One reason I chose not to install cameras in my house is the fact that I often dress as a woman. My wife knows about it of course but why take the chance?
    Krisi

I sold security cameras for years. I wouldn't touch Ring with a ten foot pole.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Reality Check
    I would think the market for cameras would be parents who hire nannies or parents of teen age kids who are often left alone. Either one would be a bit sneaky and not quite ethical though.

I'm constantly seeing photos and videos on Facebook of people's stuff being carried away by thieves. Security cameras don't stop crime, they just leave you photos and videos of your stuff being carried away.

That said, it might be nice to have a doorbell camera so you can see who is at the door when you're all dolled up.
    Krisi

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Am I the only one who doesn't know what a Ring thing is? Or, how it works?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Diamond Bar & Ventura both of which are in Southern California
    Quote Originally Posted by tifftg View Post
    Anyone else been captured on Ring?
    My wife is accepting, but my mother in law (who lives in our back house and watches our Ring video religiously) wouldnt understand. Therefore, I have to do the same thing every time I am dressed at home and a delivery arrives. Although we do have an "issue" with our wifi, so next time a delivery comes, I may just "have the wifi not work" (unplug it) and the video wont be uploaded to Ring. When I am done, I will reconnect the wifi and go on with life as usual.

Meshelle,

Be careful to test it first. The camera may have enough storage to buffer the video it records during the time the WiFi is down, and might transmit it after the connection is restored.

Silver Member
    yes we have a Ring doorbell and a Ring security camera. Since family and neighbors know I dress I don't worry about it. When you are standing out by the walk talking with the neighbor lady while the wind is exposing your night gowns from under your satin robe you pretty much have let the cat out of the bag.

How nice it is to live in a home where security cameras are not needed.
    I count my blessings for this peaceful part of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't know what a Ring thing is? Or, how it works?
    Sherry,

Ring is a make of smart doorbell that has a built in camera. If it detects someone approaching it sends live video to your smartphone and you can both see and talk to that person.

Aspiring Member
    These days, one must be even more careful of cameras and not merely when dressing. A friend offered me the use of his vacation home. I was most grateful for his generosity. The place is vacant most of the year. I will not dress there because I do not know what security cameras are in place and I do not want to come out to him anytime soon. I did stay at an AirBnB with a ring camera in Washington DC last year. I likely was outed. It was DC after all, so the AirBnB owner has probably seen a lot more than a simple, tastefully dressed CD.

With too many such cameras, the online security is poor. Be careful or be an Internet star.

Why would not a piece of paper and a little tape be a temporary solution to your ring camera problem? Just open the door a crack, slip the taped paper over the doorbell camera, and problem solved. As we know from considering and wearing flowing skirts, beware the wind, of course. This is how I have my computer cameras controlled / disabled. A little piece of black electrical tape or no residue masking tape and the camera is definitely OFF.

My employer, a school, has overlapping cameras covering every square centimeter. I do not dress around the office so coming out there is not an issue. The reason for the cameras is that we have had two school shootings here. The cameras give the swat police a video feed of what is going on. They do not stop bullets but my demise will be recorded in full color for the evening news. I have mixed feelings about them. All can easily be monitored in real time at the campus cop shop. That alone gives me the willies. I know about them because they are not subtle and I almost became a guest of honor at a third school shooting here. The would be shooter was caught based on Facebook threats before he showed up at school. I still wound up spending time getting grilled by seventeen doleful characters from the upper administration busy covering their hindquarters. BTW, I am retired military. I carry 24/7.
    Last edited by abby054; 02-27-2020 at 07:36 AM.

If you ever get caught by your ring camera en femme you can delete the capture by going into your ring app and to history. The captures are time stamped, find the one you want, select it and delete it.

Did something similar.
    We have the floodlight camera at the backdoor and it looks out over the rear deck and back yard.
    The wife went to a girlfriend's for the weekend and of course I took the time to try on various outfits and take some photos. After I dressed I took the tripod and camera and set it up on the deck. Then I took the remote and proceeded to take a few shots before changing outfits and doing it again. Not having my phone with me I didn't realize I was being observed till I look at the phone to see if it needed charging and saw the alerts.
    OMG pure panic.
    Not that the wife would see the pics as she's fully aware, but should she open the app with her girlfriend watching then it would be an issue. Since I control it I quickly deleted all the history, and shut off power to the unit so it would not spy on my anymore.
    Needless to say I continued with my photo shoot and spent a wonderful weekend with the house to myself.
    Glad I don't have Alexa listening in too....
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    I just a posting by Helen who is renting a home for several days. In the era of technology one has to be careful of security cameras all over the place. When renting a property sometimes there are security cameras in play and are mentioned on the site.
    Thanks Stephanie,

Now I'm really paranoid!

There are strict rules about video camera's and it should be made plain whenever and wherever they are in use. Of course if one is being used to monitor suspect behavior, such as abuse of an elderly person by a carer then that's a different matter.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Reality Check
    There may be rules. but some folks will ignore the rules. Once you step out the door of your own home, all bets are off. It's not against the law for a neighbor to have a camera that includes your home in its view. Even if it was, he/she would still do it.
    Krisi

Helen, I don't know what the laws are in the UK, but in the states there are no restrictions at all to recording video on your own property, or in a public place. If your neighbors front door opens on a public street, it's fair game. You just can't point it in her windows, or back yard. There is no explicitly guaranteed right to privacy in the U.S. constitution. It is implied in the fourth amendment; the right to be secure in ones person.

Thus recording video in public is fair game, while recording audio, unless clear and explicit signage is provided is strictly forbidden, even in privately owned spaces where the public has access. Audio, regardless of where you are, implies your private thoughts. In your own home you can record whatever you want.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.