Thread: Meeting other locals

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Meeting other locals

Does anyone have a good recommendation (apps, websites etc.) for meeting other CDs in my area?

Hi Aaron

When you have 10 posts you can post in the places to go placed to meet section.

This would be a good start.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Thanks Shelly. Any idea on why my picture I uploaded isn?t showing on my posts?

Support groups should be easy to find with a google search. If you’re looking for social groups, that gets trickier. There are some out there, but a lot of us feel like crossdressing alone isn’t enough to form the basis of a friendship. What sorts of things would you like to do with other crossdressers?

Aaron, Goto meetup dot com and enter D.C. Area Transgender Ladies Socials and Events (DCATS). There are sometimes meetups at Camp Rehoboth in Rehoboth Beach. There are currently no meetups there, but if you join the group, you will be notified.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Aaron,

Sound advice given already but what I'd add is there are a good many sites out there where the aim isn't so much to provide support and advice as facilitate, well romance is too strong a word for it. Transient relationships is perhaps a better way of putting it. Get my drift?

There was a thread posted not that long ago asking if the days of social groups was numbered as with society being more accepting and being out in public more common, there is less requirement for groups to meet in seclusion as was once the case. What's tended to happen is groups now meet in bars and pubs, often LGBT friendly and just meet as any other group of friends might.

You might try Googling LGBT support and if there's something near you contact them and they may be able to point you in the right direction.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed