Yesterday was the day for the party I have been anticipating. I remembered some advise about time management and got started preparing early. It all went pretty well. Even the eyelashes went on easily. Then I did the acrylic nails. I had only done that once before and it took me forever to get them on. Even then I lost several on the way. That was alright because there would be time to repair before entering the party.

My wife and I were wearing identical dresses, bracelets and shoes. The only differences were dramatic hair color difference and about a foot in height, even before I put on my heels. I drove in guy shoes for safety.

I had planned on leaving the house about dark thirty, but was late getting away. I was startled when the motion sensor turned on the lights in our parking area. Not too bad since the only two houses that can see the parking area are about 250 feet away. Lost a nail locking the door. We loaded up and started out. I was surprisingly calm about driving en femme. We had not gone too far when I looked in the mirror and saw flashing lights behind me. I slowed down, pulled over and two patrol cars flew past going somewhere else.

It was about them I realized I had forgotten to fill the tank with gas. Knowing we were going to have to stop and fill up, my beautiful wife offered to do it for me. I said, "No, what's someone going to do, laugh at me?" Only one woman had much of a view of me and she was too busy filling her own tank to care about me. Lost two nails pumping the gas.

Two hours after leaving home, we arrived at the party location and the place was dark. I went online and found out the party had been cancelled right after I checked before getting ready. All dressed up and nowhere to go. On the way home a warning light I had never seen showed up on the dash of the van. It was a wrench and I feared the worst. Worried about this I missed the toll road exit and it was miles before I could turn around. Pulled out the manual and found it is just a warning light to change the oil soon. Whew, that was a fright. It would have been too far to backtrack, so I went about 30 miles cross country to get back to the interstate.

Not having the party was disappointing. Hours of preparation, four hours of driving, $20 in gas, $18 in tolls was quite an investment. Oh well, it was still good to finally make the first step out of the house and it actually went pretty well.

I am sure there will be another party before long and I will try again. Then again, we might go out of town somewhere and have a party of our own. Still too skittish to do it locally.

Thanks for all of the support. This is a great group.

Jacke