Thread: My husband Betty

My husband Betty

I was poking around in a used bookstore in Richmond Va and was both pleased and surprised to find a CD book in the LGBTQ section. I just haven?t seen many crossdressing books before. It is a wife?s perspective on her husband?s crossdressing. 3$ and 20 minutes later I skimmed through it over a beer at a deli across the street. It seems well written, thoughtful and speaks to my experience. I left it out So my wife could find it and she asked if it was for her. Now she?s reading it cover to cover with interest. Discussing a book with her reduces the personal emotions of talking about crossdressing.

This is a well known book in the CD community.

It was first published in 2003 by Helen Boyd and was nominated for the Lambda Literary Award for Transgender/GenderQueer.

x

It is a good read

It is indeed a good read. A word of caution about giving it to your wife. The next book she writes is "She's Not the Man I Married" after her husband transitioned. She also currently has a website.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

I think it's the best book out there on the subject, bar none.

I've also read her 2nd book about her husbands transition and I didn't find it as well written.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    A friend of mine wrote a book called "Hung In The Middle" about her journey.
    Her wife wrote a book as well called "My husband looks better in lingerie than I do dammit".
    Both are very sweet people and I am proud of them for writing their books.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    "My husband looks better in lingerie than I do dammit".
    Available on Amazon for $11.19. And, you can peruse several pages.

Some have commented that "My Husband Betty" can be a bit too much for some people as it leans more toward transformation than occasional cross dressing. I hope that your wife and you can have a good discussion.
    Hugs, Carole

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Both books I mentioned are really well worth reading because the authors are really genuine people.
    They are sharing what they have learned by actually living the life not just reading theory from other books.

Silver Member
    Well done. It sounds like your wife is accepting of you, or soon will be. A nice stare of affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by April Rose View Post
    It is indeed a good read. A word of caution about giving it to your wife. The next book she writes is "She's Not the Man I Married" after her husband transitioned. She also currently has a website.
    Altho it is supposed to be very good, this is what has also made me a bit cautious about suggesting it.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

A couple points of clarification.

Helen went on record a while back on her then very active message board, that "just" crossdressers should focus on the first four chapters of MHB. Chapter five "The Slippery Slope" on jumps into the deep end of the trans experience.

At the point SNTMIM was published, Betty had not yet transitioned. Helen made it clear at the beginning of the book, and at the end, that Betty was in the questioning phase regarding transition and still periodically dressed as a guy.

At some point after the 2007 publish of SNTMIM date Betty, now Rachel, did transition, though at some level I believe they are still together. If you read MHB then you know that Betty was an actor when they met. Rachel returned to acting and can be seen in the recent film "And Then There Was Eve," which is freely streamed via Amazon Prime, if you are a member.
    Last edited by Taylor186; 03-01-2020 at 08:47 PM.