I almost called this D-Day for a number of reasons .

I finally got round to downloading the divorce documents from the official government site . It looks fairly straightfoward , three copies are required with the application along with the original marriage certificate and a one off payment of ?550.00 , no legal fees .

My wife rang about another topic so I told her I had now obtained the divorce documents , she was OK about it but she holds the marriage certificate . In her next breath she said , " OK , I'll bring the cerficate to you and we'll have a coffee , but please don't wear a short skirt with high heels !" I told her I had other jobs to do this coming Friday so I would be my normal self ( as Teresa ) . My fitted black trousers , black blouse with flowers on and a cardigan , my makeup will be my normal amount . I had to call my daughter about another issue and told her what the plan was , she pointed out it's my home and have the right to dress as I choose , I agreed but in this instance I will play on the safe side , it there's a next time then I may well wear a skirt or a dress .

So it is sort of D-Day , D= divorce and also I will meet my wife face to face as Teresa for the first time , that is if she doesn't chicken out .

Personally I'm not at all nervous , it's been two years and in that time I've been full time in my new home town , she knows that and is also aware whatever she's thrown at me it hasn't stopped me being what I wanted to be . So it looks like my softly softly approach has worked out , possibly she's accepted that the net has closed in on her and it was isolating her from family and friends , also taking the chance to return to my old home town has paid off .