Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glenda is going away

Glenda is going away

I've been thinking this since Lauren's post. I've been doing this for 70 years. This last year I've gained 30 LBs and can't lose it at 72. I buy cloths to go out but I don't go out anymore. So I stopped buying cloths.

I've done things that others here would like to do. I've shopped gone to church shows dinner all in femme. Been to the beach walked the dog. Did gardening in my yard. Driven cross country got gas and used a female restroom.

I've met others here. Been to meeting Been call madam someone thought I was someone wife at a meeting which made me feel good. Got stopped at the boarded going to Canada while dressed no problem.

But my time has come to let Glenda go. I can't keep hiding this from my family and friends.

I have a wife who doesn't like it but has stay with me.

I know Glenda will be part of me forever and she will come here often to give advice.

This is not a farewell I just won't be dressing anymore.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Seems to be a trend lately. Best of luck to you in the future.

Platinum Member
    Best of luck!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Diamond Bar & Ventura both of which are in Southern California
    Sorry to hear you wont continue to dress. It appears you were able to pass and were comfortable with yourself. May you continue to live the best life you can!

"if three people do it... they'll think it's a movement"

Who's next?

Best of luck, Glenda. Not as fun as it used to be for me, either. I'm not throwing in the towel, though!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Its up to you Glenda so consider yourself lucky because dressing was just a hobby for you.
    Not that way for me and plenty of others here.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Your choice. But, please change your byline, Glenda.

It makes me sad to read, "Feels like a woman", on posts by someone who's given up dressing!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Glenda, I hope that your are happy with your choice.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Glenda,
    My most sincere wishes for your happiness as you follow a new path. Only 72? I have to believe you have many years remaining to explore the new path you are on, wherever it may lead you.

You may find those pounds disappearing, too.. take if from someone not far behind you... it can be done.

I also take a somewhat different view on your byline than Sherry... you can feel like whatever you want, and make choices which suit your own ideas of what is right for you. I think there is actually something in her bylines which also speaks to what you are doing, although I have a feeling this turns convention on it's ear..."u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected." and...".. NO REGRETS!"

Take care,
    Formerly Lauren

Glenda, I also wish you the best of luck as this is not an easy choice to make or keep.
    Crissy

Like Lauren, I wish you all the best in your change, Glenda.

I am one of those that believe you can be feminine without always dressing the part whenever that feeling arises. Some of us go through a process called merging. That is where the identities join and become a single identity that expresses any way it wishes. Others never experience that.

Merging happened to me back in 2013 after I abandoned the idea of transitioning. Through 1015 I would bounce back and forth, rarely dressed completely and mostly when I did dress it was the pieces and parts blend. Dressing fully is not what I do anymore and I don't miss it, but all that the feminine/female identity characteristics are still there. I still do pieces and parts once in awhile.

It has become a collaboration between the male and female aspects and forms a very broad single identity that includes everything that was formerly broken into two pieces that tended to compete with each other. To me, it is all about the fundamental, underlying behavior and so long as that remains intact the way you dress becomes less important and the way you behave is more important. Not everyone experiences this merging and that is fine. Non-binary people are free to do anything because in your development you are no longer a part of the binary. But for those who remain in some form of the binary world it is perfectly fine as well because we are all different in our configuration and concept of self. The big question is are you honest with yourself? If so, it doesn't matter how your identity is configured or what you do to express it. There are no rules, just different ways.

Wishing you the best! Just be you! That is all anyone can ask! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Glenda , I wish you the best whatever your path forward. Sometimes I feel the same way myself and wonder if I would be happier if I just quit cold turkey. It is certainly something you would have put a lot of thought into. Again best wishes.

Sandi

This is harder than I thought. I have almost no male cloths. I have 95 panties and no male underwear. I stopped wearing a bra but I still have 45 of them and I'm a 36 B even without them.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Glenda, It is ok to quit, or ok to occasionally dress. I gave 99% of my lady things to a rescue mission store 2 1/2 yrs ago. Now I have just 6 dresses, and one pair of heels, and a few cheap wigs, 3 bras, some PH, and several girdles. You can wash the all and give away.

Being able to objectively look at your life and make rational decisions is quite admirable. Good for you!
    My life would be easier too if I didn?t want to crossdress, but don?t see myself wanting that.

Best of luck Glenda. Sounds like you made an objective decision as opposed to a "purge". I hope all woks out well for you and your family.

Platinum Member
    Hope it works out for you and your wife. How does one avoid the stimuli that will bring back memories or urges? It's got to be tough!

Best of luck to you. Sounds like you have a lot of fond dressing memories to carry with you.

Banned Read only
    Glenda,
    Only you can answer which way are you happier , to me the battles have been too hard fought to find Teresa , why would I want to go back ? Also like you I have very few male clothes anyway and have no intentions of buying anymore .

I hope it works out for you , I would never be one to say " I told you so !" If you come back to tell us you have changed your mind the important point would be the honesty you showed , at the moment you feel it's the right thing to do to give Glenda a rest .

A difficult decision, for sure. Good luck, but me thinks the pink fog will return and you might have second thoughts.

Aspiring Member
    People can overcome all sorts of urges. Hope you can overcome the urge you want to control

Glenda, wherever your journey takes you, whatever path you follow, however it works out for you, all the best.

Glenda, I hear you! After 50 years of dressing, my SO discovered my part-time "hobby" last year. After a week of processing and talking, and a lot of online research on her part, she said although it was a huge shock (I'm your basic "man's man", you'd never suspect), she understood, felt bad for me, and said I didn't need to hide my once-or-twice-a-year outings. Ironically, her acceptance felt like dodging a bullet..I was afraid I'd lose her if she ever found out...and it actually had the reverse affect of motivating me NOT to dress, as she is light years above my dressing in importance. That was almost a year ago now, and I've been able to resist the urge when it has come on strong ( 3 or 4 times). Occasional visits here and a couple other occasional similar activities have gotten me past those urges, and each time it's been a huge relief when the urge is gone and I'm just the guy she fell in love with. Although dressing used to be a stress buster, it's become instead a source of stress, so learning to manage the urge and indulge Julie occasionally in other ways is working, and feels like a weight has been lifted. I know this is opposite of many people's experience..

So..I totally get it, and I wish you success in letting Glenda go. We all know how challenging that will be, and it will be an ongoing challenge to find something that works for you. Happy trails, and best wishes.

Aspiring Member
    Funny, I’m 61 and came to the opposite conclusion. My wife has a zero tolerance policy. So my only option was to dress in secret. Which means not very secret. They always know. She hated it and decided she couldn’t live with the secrecy any longer. I honestly believe I can’t give it up. In short, being freed of the need to please a hostile spouse, I‘ve decided to take the opportunity to start transition, and I‘ve been on HRT for two weeks now. I’m in great physical shape so I figure this is my last window of opportunity. If I fail, I can at least have the satisfaction of having tried. FWIW I do have a diagnosis of transgender from 6 months ago. That will never go away, alas. So even if my transition were to go awry, for instance because of illness, i will always need a way to cope with the reality of being transgender.

I’ve known I’ve wanted to be female for 52 years. Through those years there have been bouts of more or less intense dressing, but mostly long bouts of suffering in silence having to control huge amounts of inner frustration.

I wish I could drop it like Glenda but in the last 4 years I just no longer have the strength to resist.
    Last edited by JeanTG; 03-11-2020 at 12:13 PM.