Thread: That darn lipstick

That darn lipstick

So, I was in Mary Ann mode all morning while I was doing emails, writing a post etc. It came time to get some work done so off came Mary Ann and on went my guy stuff. I sit down at my desk and start looking through what I need to accomplish today, take a sip of tea and look down at the lipstick mark I had just made on my cup.... & giggled.

Banned Read only
    Working from home? Why change out of "Mary Ann mode"?

I don’t get this. I’ve seen a couple posts on this forum about people getting “thrills” from seeing lipstick stains on their glasses/cups/mugs. I stick to high end lipsticks that are made to stay in place, so if I saw that my first thought wouldn’t be joy, it would be “well I’m not wearing THIS lipstick anymore”

Banned Read only
    MaryAnn,
    I partly agree with Micki , if you also use a lip pencil the colour stays put , I do apply lipstick on top and yes it does leave a mark on cups .

To relate a funny story , when we have a coffee break in my painting group they used white cups and saucers but now the new management have changed to red . I couldn't help saying in front of the group that I thought it was a good idea because you can't see a lipstick mark anymore , it did raise a few chuckles .

Kind of a cute thought, but I have to agree with Micki. I do not want my lipstick coming off - especially when I am out bar hopping. I don't want to make a mess of my lips from having only one drink. I used to use the cheap drugstore lipstick for 2 years, and finally asked for help with the issue at the mall. The SA had me try some Este Lauder matte liquid. The stuff is expensive at about $28 but it is worth it. I can actually drink out of beer bottles instead of tiny straws without making mess of my lips. Also, I was able to get a fine edge that I could never get before even when using a lining pencil. I will never go back. Here is something really funny. I had a GG try to kiss me on the mouth in a bar one time. I turned my head in part because I knew my cheap lipstick would go everywhere, haha. Now it is not a problem.

Sandi

Silver Member
    Some girls do enjoy seeing their lipstick prints on cups, glasses, straws, filter tips, etc.. I do. They are, in my opinion, marks of my femininity. I do use a good matte lipstick, sorta high end, when I need to.

Roberta, the work I do isn't exactly "clean" & I don't wish to ruin my Mary Ann clothes. Also, since i'm still a closet dresser I have a few hours in the morning when most likely no one will stop by.
    Miki, I agree with you completely & I will try the "good stuff" next time I go out of town and can stay dressed for an extended period. However, there are times when at home I may need to remove my makeup FAST, thus the Revlon lipstick.
    I've just in the last few weeks been in touch with Mary Ann after a 15 year absence so things have changed & I have much to learn.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I think a lot of it is guys think women do this or that when they really don't.
    Lipstick marks fall into this category and cheap lipstick does this if you put too much on.

Got it, cheap & too much = smudge! Thanks!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    I stick to high end lipsticks that are made to stay in place, so if I saw that my first thought wouldn’t be joy, it would be “well I’m not wearing THIS lipstick anymore”
    Whether or not a lipstick transfers has absolutely NOTHING to do with it being a high end brand. It is the TYPE of formula. ALL my lipsticks are high-end and some transfer, some don't. Just because it's "high end" doesn't mean it will last all day either.

This forum should actually watch and read makeup reviews instead of bouncing around this echo chamber.

MaryAnn, I admit I am enamored by lip stick marks on my glass or cup.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I guess my point was... I had forgotten to remove my lipstick once before a long time ago, and again today... Mary Ann just keeps poking out

When I was growing up I was always mesmerized by the lipstick smudge on stuff. It was like the woman was leaving her mark. I secretly wished I could do that.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

I get it, it's like opps..... I have a secret.

Like under dressing and having something a bra strap show.

Different but similar

Lipsticks transfer, not only to your glass but to your food. So you are eating it, yuck.

I wear lip stain with lip gloss top coat. The stain stays, It requires makeup remover to take it off. Yes I'm eating the lip gloss. But at least mine tastes like strawberries.

MaryAnn1963,

That has happened to me more than once. Reason I always check the mirror before getting out of my vehicle, or bike.

@—}——
    Michelle

If I?m eating out (which I am right now) I quite like leaving a lipstick mark on my wine glass as it kind of validates my femininity for whoever has to wash it up. And I think it looks sexy

Reality Check
    I get lipstick marks on my coffee cup and don't really enjoy it. I wipe them off when I see them.

There have been a few times when I have forgotten to remove my lipstick before going outside in male mode so I have to really try to think about it when I switch back.
    Krisi

I do leave lipstick on my coffee cup and cocktail glasses. When I see it, it is a small but positive reminder of my feminine side. I love any and all positives.

Banned Read only
    I really don't see the problem with leaving a touch of lipstick on galsses and cups . I met my sister in law for coffee and I had to smile as we got up to leave that both cups had a smeer of lipstick on them , I agree with NancySue , it's what women do and they don't have a problem with it .

Reality Check
    What I don't like is when I sit down in a restaurant and they bring me a glass that already has lipstick on it.
    Krisi

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    What I don't like is when I sit down in a restaurant and they bring me a glass that already has lipstick on it.
    YUK!!!! Then it would be time to get up and find a cleaner place to eat.