Thread: Reducing my clothing inventory

Reducing my clothing inventory

Decided to get rid of items I don't wear or don't fit. Got too many clothes that looked good on the rack that I had to get, I'm sure that's a common problem.

It got me thinking, since I got many clothes from Value Village that were once worn by woman, wonder how many would think these clothes that I'm donating were once purchased and worn by a crossdresser? Though I also could of gotten clothes that were worn by another crossdressers as well.

I to I'm getting rid of some of my things. But they're just cloths no-one knows who had them last.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

I doubt they would give it a second thought. I go to Goodwill etc. with clothes my wife has sent me to donate often.

I can’t imagine that’s something that comes up too often.

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    I can’t imagine that’s something that comes up too often.
    Probably right, women probably don't think about that. Though I'm sure as some of us are browsing, we are thinking what woman wore this before.

Diamond Bar & Ventura both of which are in Southern California
    Quote Originally Posted by tbryant2k16 View Post
    Got too many clothes that looked good on the rack that I had to get, I'm sure that's a common problem.
    My wife used to have this problem. Now I try to go shopping with her as often as I can. She knows I am brutally honest when it comes to clothes fitting her properly and looking good on her. Of course, it is fun to make sure things she buys will look good on me later, also.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Wow, cool! I just discovered I DO have something in common with natal women!

None of us care who wore the used clothes we buy! As long as they look clean and unworn, why should we? Before now, I've never once wondered if it was a woman or man who previously wore my Goodwill purchases! In my 20+ years of buying used fem things and dressing!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Possibilities that run on an on. So what ever your imagination is happy with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Silver Member
    I don't usually go to Goodwill, but have no problem with it. We live not far from where some large retail chains have last-call. Prices can get very cheap. My wife and I both have more clothes than we could wear in a year if we tried. Most of the time I wear jeans and a top as does my wife. We both wore business suits for years. The office where she worked required suit or dress, nylons, and heals. Where I worked I wore a suit and tie. I also wore nylons and panties. I also wore a bra often.

We both are happy not to be working anymore.

Isn't it true for an item bought from any store. You may not be the first person to have tried something on and then returned it to the rack. After all, if you're being pedantic, that makes it pre-world.

Quote Originally Posted by tbryant2k16 View Post
    wonder how many would think these clothes that I'm donating were once purchased and worn by a crossdresser?
    Unless they are in a style that so over-the-top flamboyant that people think to themselves "that looks like something from a drag show", I doubt anyone gives it a second thought.
    I suppose another -um- gender nonconformist might be glad to find something in the right size and take a moment to wonder.
    Other than that, who would bother - or care?

Helen, to go even further online might not be new either, it could be returned and if suitable sent out as new again.

Only once have I ever thought about who wore this before when I bought a fancy cocktail dress and it had a strong perfume smell to it. Otherwise I go on not caring, I only care about the clothing's current condition and if it fits me.

When I shop the thrift stores I am looking for wear and tear more than anything. If it is something I like and it is in good condition... I don't think that I have ever worried about who wore it last. I just know the SAs ask my wife and I if we knew that we were buying different sizes... �� cheers
    Life is too short to be boring...Alexandra

I have purchased many clothes from thrift stores and could care less if another crossdresser had worn them before I bought them. If they were worn by a crossdresser, all I can say we share the same taste in clothing.

Platinum Member
    Sometimes fem clothing I buy on ebay comes with a male name return address. The worst I ever received was a full slip that had not been laundered per ebay rules, and, arrived with a semen stain on the front! Ugh! Yuck! Worse than that was the time my wife was perusing racks of lingerie at JC Penny when she encountered a nightie some guy had jacked off on. She took it to the sales associated. Double yuck.

Reality Check
    If I see a pair of size 13 six inch heels in a used clothing store, my assumption is that they were previously owned by a male crossdresser.

Otherwise, I have never given it a thought. Mostly though, I buy my clothes new, but at places like Ross, JC Penny, etc. Still they may have been tried on before or even purchased and returned.
    Krisi