I went to an appointment with my attorney today! I went early and she was late! While I waited the receptionist/secretary had me fill out some forms for info purposes! She complimented me on how pretty I looked and then noticed my necklace and said she loved it! It is a beaded tassel on a gold chain! She said I had good taste! Attorney arrived and we discussed the things that need to be done! I had to give two personal references that live in the county! I gave my boss and a co-worker! I did not know the co-worker's middle initial so I had to get that! Total cost is $605 and other than getting my fingerprints for the criminal checks, she does the rest! She said she would immediately post the letter for name change in the courthouse(has to be there 10 days)She is just so bubbly! She shook my hand and then gave me a big hug! She stated the criminal report from the SBI will take the longest! I had read it would be the FBI but she said no, they are quick about it! She answered all of my questions!
I then went to work to get the co-worker's middle initial! I walked to a few residents' rooms and greeted them as Lana Mae! The middle initial was "H"! I called the attorney's office after I got home with that info! While I was at work they asked if I could work 3-11 as the med tech was sick! I reluctantly said yes! Tomorrow I am going to get my fingerprints done for the criminal reports! I will keep you advised!
Hugs Lana Mae