Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Closer still to name change!

Rhonda, good luck with that! It is wonderful to look at a legal paper with your chosen name on it! But I know the work will start now! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Hi Lana, I legally changed my name today, took about an hour and $244.00. My name is officially Sophie. Now all I have to do is figure out how to change it on here, I've tried but with no success.
    Sophie Mosley

Sophie, go to the section marked Forum news, issues and help! Go to the closed thread marked name change by Di and follow the instructions! Piece of cake but you may have to add to the name to clarify which Sophie is you! Best wishes Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

OK, great day but discovered I am a block head! I called the local Social Security office after getting the number off their door! They can do my name change by mail! They are doing with the form SS-5 and the court order only, as the court order has both names on it! Mailed it next day delivery via UPS! It should not be long now! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Those are great news Lana.
    Now I'm stuck with my name and gender changed because courts are just receiving paperwork but mine are not considered "essential" so judge doesn't read them....
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Lana Mae,

Remember to contact them again and make sure they filled out the corresponding forms to change your name with the IRS, Medicare/Medicaid, and any other Federal agency that relies on the Social Security identification for ID info. I had to return later to get that done and it should have been done the first time around. They forgot to do it!

Congrats,

Allie

Devi, wishing your better luck with yours! Thanks!
    Allie, I will do that when I get the card back! Thanks!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

When I did my name/gender change I was told at the SSA that Medicare would automatically update. It does not. It took me three trips and several months before Medicare got changed. The third trip I insisted on talking to a person who knew how to do it. Of course, that was several years ago and things change.

DL and SSA are just the tip of the iceberg. Every company, organization, data base of any kind that you deal with will have their own rules and procedures for changing your name.

Also, it is important to recall any and all accounts, loans, memberships, etc. and change them too. Your credit history will get messed up when the same SS number is attached to different names. I found this out the hard way when getting preapproved for a home mortgage.

Thanks, Jeri Ann! I know that this is just the start! I have thought about the credit reporting agencies and letting them know as well as so many more! Since I was able to proceed with Social Security, it just feels like I can get started with the rest! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Here is my long list and I still missed a few!! Good luck.

Allie

Changes

OK - Name
    OK - Gender
    OK - SSN
    OK - Drivers License with Real ID
    OK - Passport
    OK - Medicare through Social Security
    OK - Anthem Blue Cross
    Done - Medicare Plan D Prescriptions Rx Insurance
    Done - Dental & Vision Insurance
    OK - Dept. of Real Estate
    OK - Home and Car Insurance
    Deed, Home Title, Property Taxes (Title company)
    PAID OFF - Home Equity Line of Credit (Heloc)
    DONE - Car Loan
    DONE - Lyon Martin Medical LGBTQ+ Clinic
    NOT Required - Planned Parenthood
    OK - Doctors
    OK - Credit Union
    DONE - Retirement
    Stock Funds
    OK - Visa Credit Card
    OK - Other credit cards
    Rite Aid Card
    Walgreens Card
    CVS Card
    Ace Hardware Card
    DONE - Car Registration
    SENT - FasTrack
    OK - Condo HOA
    DONE - XFinity Mobile - Cell Phone
    DONE - Comcast home services
    OK - PG&E (Electric & Gas)
    DONE - EBMUD (water services)
    OK - Republic Garbage Services
    DONE - Home Loans
    DONE - IRS

AND SO ON!!!!!!

Thanks Allie, I am working on a list for address change for when I find a house to buy. I am up to 28. The lists are very similar with a few exceptions like USPS. They don't need your name but they do need your address to forward mail.

Believe it or not, my court order that was done a long time ago is back in the court that issued it. After waiting forever, the State Department of Vital Statistics denied my request to amend my Birth Certificate because they said the wording was not sufficient. It has been sufficient in every other case. Now I am waiting for the amended court order so that I can try again with the state.

This mess goes on and on.
    Last edited by Jeri Ann; 06-20-2020 at 05:37 AM.

Allie, thanks for the list! I have one already but will definitely refer to yours for back-up!
    Jeri Ann, best wishes for all of that to work out soon!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

As they said, they sent the court order back to me! Then a letter came stating the card would arrive in two weeks! Still trying to wait patiently! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Well, after reading the problem Jeri Ann has, Lana Mae in my case I can expect whatever because I'm not born in the Dtates and will have to amend certification of naturalization.
    I was thinking, after watching Disclosure, the TV documentary about we, trans people, on the movies, that we had been for so long in the history of the humanity but always were seen as a joke and now that they are seeing we're serious we surprise them and many don't have idea what to do or how react so made mistakes... so we have to keep being more visible and, I hope, all would proceed with the name and gender marker change so yo open the road for the ones behind us....

Devi
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

My friend Barbara is from Monterey and she had to go back there to change her birth certificate. She used her new Mexican birth certificate to get a Mexican passport. When she gets her US citizenship in a few years then she can apply for a US passport.

Update: On internet to find contacts for name change at various places! Tomorrow sending in copy of court order to change my name on Nursing Licence! It should be done in 5 days! Then, I can be Lana Mae at work! Yeah! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Update again! At work, my fellow employees on 2nd shift, have started calling me Lana or Lana Mae all of the time! A few of the residents have also! I went into work on my day off without a bra! Girl, did I hear it! "Your nipples are showing!" "Bet you aren't wearing a bra!" Then they felt for one! Then they said, "if you want to be a girl then you need to wear your bra!" I guess they are right! I have one on today! Now the good news: I got my Social Security card in the mail!!!! Not my Nursing License yet but should be here soon! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Today, I sent letters to my cousin and my last friend in PA! I told them about me and that I have changed my name! I am not sure what the reactions will be but that is how it is now! Got my Part D card but not Medicare or part B! Moving on! LM
    Life is worth living!

Today, I checked the nursing board's site and I am now listed as Lana Mae Walshaw!!!! Now I can be Lana Mae at work! I cried! LM
    Life is worth living!

so happy for you Lana Mae

Congratulations Lana Mae! I'm so happy for you!

That slippery slope we once discussed seems to be leveling out. Congratulations.

Lana Mae, that is wonderful news. You’ve just past another major milepost on your journey. You are proving that North Carolina’s innate disapproval of alt lifestyles is slowly changing. Clearly not an easy path, but a path nevertheless.

Congratulations,
    Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Bridget: Thanks!
    Brianna: Thanks!
    Laura: Thanks! Yes, that slippery slope is starting to level out!
    Rhonda: Thanks! I just am being me!

I am now being held up by the drivers license! You know-a picture ID!
    Just a little longer-appointment at DMV on Aug 3!
    Hugs LM
    Life is worth living!

Aspiring Member
    I was blown away how fast my court order for the name change was processed. I submitted it in person on July 13, and received the signed court order change in the mail 9 days later on July 22. My records have been sealed upon my request and I don't need to submit any announcement to the local newspaper as required by law in normal cases. The same night a sent the request to my endo to sign the letter that he treated me (hormones in my case), and my gender is now female. The letter was ready today the same day and I can pick it up tomorrow. In 10 days, I changed the name through the court and changed my gender marker!!!

I am scheduling appointment to the DVM to change my driver's license and the vehicle title at the same time. Once I get the license, I plan to apply for US passport and Social Security, Med insurance, and financial institutions in that order.