Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Closer still to name change!

Bandile: I am here to help others for the most part and learn as we can always learn something! When I feel that I am not helping or I have no more to learn-I will leave! LOL
    Robin: Yes, it is exciting but now the best thing! She will send the changes back to PA. and Harry will become Lana Mae W------!
    Thanks for your responses!
    Virtual Hugs Lana Mae

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Another update!!
    My attorney called! As per her instructions, I put my birth certificate in her mail slot at the office! She told me the clerk of courts office is still working except they are working in shifts! Now that she has my birth certificate, she can make an appointment and proceed from there! It is slow but it is getting there! Virtual Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Platinum Member

Living The Dream !

Hi Lana Mae , I have been following your progress for the past four years
    that you have been on this wonderful Forum.

It is like watching the Caterpillar slowly morph into a beautiful Butterfly.

I am so happy for you that you are really living the Dream now.

Congratulations on your new life's journey.

May your new life's paths be covered with Rose Petals and Sunshine. >Orchid .oOOo.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I remember that day several years ago when I walked out of the Bexar County Courthouse in San Antonio with a folder full of official copies of my name and gender marker change. I was on cloud nine. I looked around for someone to take my picture but I had walked out a side door and was by myself on that beautiful Spring day. After a few minutes I just started walking the three blocks back to my hotel. As I walked I contemplated what came next - Social Security Office first, then Department of Transportation after that.

Over time I changed records on everything I could think of. Some of the procedures were a pain in the ass. Letters, copies of photo I.D., court orders, some things even had to be done in person. Two years later I was getting copies of some of my college diplomas with my legal name on them. Sometimes you might deal with a rep or employee that doesn't even know where to begin. Every entity, it seems, has their own procedure, kinda like a box of chocolates.

Believe it or not, I am still going through hell with the name thing. I recently applied for a home loan. I am looking for a home to buy and wanted to get pre-approved. My bank gets credit scores from three different sources and then goes with the middle score. There was a glitch with one of the credit agencies, not with my score but with a conflicting identity. Yep, my dead name was associated with my credit history. Just yesterday I mailed packets of documentation to creditors that I haven't used in years. I am now changing the records on accounts that have been closed for years.

None of this should affect my getting a home loan because my credit score from the two agencies that did report was almost perfect. And, it has forced me to go through with a name change on an account that is still open. I have been reluctant to change that one because it is a small, regional credit union in the area that I came from. I know 3/4 of the people there and didn't want to start up the rumor mill. Also, I'm pretty sure it is not legal to have bank accounts under different names associated with the same SS number.

So, hang in there Lana Mae. The name change will happen and then the real work will begin. You will be wanting to come back to my house for a vacation.

To everyone who has gone through with a name change, or might in the future, be very thorough. Think about accounts, businesses, agencies, any one that might have a record of you.

And that's all I have to say about that.
    Last edited by Jeri Ann; 04-18-2020 at 01:33 PM.

Orchid: Aww, thank you so much! It has been my pleasure to be here and share my life's journey with so many wonderful people!
    Jeri Ann: Thanks for sharing that, Jeri Ann! I have been giving thought to who as well as how they are all interconnected! I would be very pleased to have a vacation at your new home and play ball with Obi! By next year my name change should be a reality!
    Thanks ladies for your replies!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Aspiring Member
    Lana Mae, I hope things work out soon. My own name change is on hold as well. I don't live in the province I was born in, so my first step was to ask that my birth be registered in my current province. I sent the application in just before lock-down. I quickly got a letter back that the application was received and was "being studied". Then lock-down happened. And the processing of that application is not a priority service. So I have to wait. Once that step is done then I can send in the actual name change documents. It's a fairly lengthy process but not all that bad. It just requires notarized signatures and "send money...". I was the sponsor for my trans daughter, she will likely be the sponsor for her trans parent! Then I have to change everything else: passport. health card, driver's license, banks, etc. Otherwise most of the transition is also on hold. I'm living with my soon-to-be ex but we can't split because we're confined. And I can't present female in front of her as she'll go ballistic and I don't want to antagonize her any more; it will not be a "friendly" divorce but I don't want it to descend into acrimony either. I was scheduled to start laser for my face on March 30. That's not considered a priority service either. So we both need to hang in there, and any one else caught in pandemic paralysis...

I am anxious about my own name change as I have to travel to Rome in November (if things open up by then) and it will have to be under my male name and passport.

Hugs to all!
    Last edited by JeanTG; 04-18-2020 at 10:35 AM.

Jean: Yes, we must be patient and let things work their way out! At least we have something to look forward to after all of this is done! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

OMG! OMG! I received a call on my answering machine and...I am now officially Lana Mae W------!!!!! The orders are in the mail! I can hardly wait for them to arrive! Praises to my attorney for getting this through during a pandemic! I am about to burst with joy!!! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Aspiring Member
    Wow BIG surprise Lana Mae! Congrats on this very significant milestone on your journey! May the road continue to be smooth!

Hi Lana Mae,

Congratulations!

Marion

Congratulations

Wow! Lana Mae I'm so happy for you. It was almost 2 months. I think it was a great timing considering all the adversities and in a pandemic....
    Devi
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Congrats! So happy for you!

Jean: Thanks! I hope it remains relatively smooth from here!
    Marion: Thanks!
    Bridget: Thanks!
    Devi: Thanks! "The journey goes ever onward!" Bilbo Baggins
    Diana: Thanks!
    Thanks for your responses!
    The court order should get here around Thursday or Friday! The sooner the better!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Wow, congratulations Lana Mae! I am so happy for you and envious at the same time.

Robin
    I'm just trying to find a decent melody
    A song that I can sing in my own company

U2

Robin: Thanks for the congrats! Do not be envious! You could do this too if needed!

Good news! The Court order arrived today! It is now so real! I am actually speechless!
    As Lana Mae was standing with Harry but in the background, now Harry is standing in the background supporting Lana Mae! 68 years as Harry and the rest of my life as Lana Mae! This is a great day! Hugs to everyone!
    Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Congratulations Miss Lana Mae!! I am so happy for you. Now it is just paper work to get all that date changed of other documents. Start with the Social Security, then, once you have your new Social Security card, use that with your old license and all those other documents that you need in your State and get that Real ID Driver's License. Make sure that the SS makes the changes everywhere in the Federal Government that they can, including Medicare and the IRS. Then start with credit cards, any other insurance, where you work, subscriptions, where you rent, etc. It will take you awhile, but fortunately most of it is free. Call them all and ask what do I need to do to legally change my name on your records and my account. I have one last item to change and that is my Deed to my home. Good luck.

Allie: Thanks so much for that!

Oh no! They spelled Mae, Maw! It is wrong and I will have to contact the attorney tomorrow! They got it right in the front about all the facts but the order on the back is wrong! Another set back but I am very optimistic about this!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

It always seems to be something, doesn't it? Hang in there, they will fix the typo. Jeri Ann is right... now the real work begins. My biggest hassle was the credit bureaus. I had a high score but they insisted I had to start off all over. Wrong answer! Took legal action and just over two months but my attorney got got them to transfer my identical scores. Granted that was back a few years and I believe they have since ironed out those wrinkles. My diplomas also took longer than expected. Sometimes I think it would have been easier to go into the witness protection program. LoL
    Marie

Contacted my attorney and she will get it fixed! I have typed it that way a few times and it was probably a typo! Should get it before long! LM
    Life is worth living!

Lana Mae, of course is a typo error, W goes at the side of the E, goblins love to play us that kind of games....
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

You are right, Devi!
    Attorney got it fixed(Bless her!)!
    I contacted the Social Security office today(national not local as they are all closed)! They highly highly recommend waiting until the local office is open to proceed! They are sending me the appropriate form! Oh,well just like the military: Hurry up and wait! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Last edited by Lana Mae; 04-27-2020 at 09:45 AM.
    Life is worth living!

Lana Mae,

Just go on line because you can get all the mforms there, and for Drivers License, passport, etc.

Hi Lana Mae

Great to hear the attorney fixed that!

Marion

Allie: The form came in the mail but I have to get the forms for everything else! Trying online! Thanks!
    Marion: Yes, I think she is amazing to pull this all off during a pandemic!
    Thanks ladies for your replies!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Wow, that seems like a lot of money to get your name changed, I am seriously thinking of adding a name to the beginning of mine so I can keep my given names in respect to my parents. I have looked into it and turns out I need to do it by Deed Poll, all it entails is to fill out a form that I can download as a PDF, fill it in and have proof of identity and one document that has the new name on it. All this will cost $195.00 and no Attorney involvement.
    All I need is to arrange a document with my chosen name on it which should be easy enough I hope.
    Last edited by Sissy_in_pink; 05-06-2020 at 03:49 PM.
    Sophie Mosley