Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who participated in crossdress day in high school

The closest was Sadie Hawkins day, where the girls asked the boys to the Sadie Hawkins dance. I didn't get an invitation, which suited me fine.

At the time, my hometown was a lunchbucket town with a high divorce rate and plenty of homophobia. I had enough issues with bullying that I would have been beaten senseless if I showed up in girl's clothing.
    Last edited by giuseppina; 03-05-2020 at 10:27 PM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by SometimesBrandi View Post
    Never had that in school but it's a regular event in the navy since forever. Nice legs on the bride that's sitting down
    A navy ship and he manages to find a pair of high heels that fit??? I know there are women on board now but still what a coincidence !

I wonder what would be said if we were all on the same Navy ship?
    Crissy

I wouldn't have, if they had it, but then now I'd be regretting not doing so, so guess it was good they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielleDubois View Post
    A navy ship and he manages to find a pair of high heels that fit??? I know there are women on board now but still what a coincidence !
    Every division has a stash of female cloths or they make them from sheets, mops etc. There is a lot of competition to be chosen as king neptunes bride.

We didn't have crossdress day in Ireland. Just in case we were ever going to I practiced regularly at home in my sister's uniform 😉

Quote Originally Posted by SometimesBrandi View Post
    Every division has a stash of female cloths or they make them from sheets, mops etc. There is a lot of competition to be chosen as king neptunes bride.
    Personally, I don't wait until I've crossed the Equator in order to crossdress.

On that general topic, back in WWI the British developed the concept of Q-Ships...basically innocent-looking merchant ships that were armed to the teeth but appearing to be sitting ducks, the purpose being to lure unsuspecting German warships or submarines into trying to sink them but then opening up on them at the last moment with all their firepower to turn the tables on them. They often dressed young, fresh-faced sailors in women's attire and had them run frantically across the ships' decks as part of this charade to reinforce the illusion of them being harmless, passenger-carrying merchant vessels.

They didn't have a crossdress day at my school, (too long ago), but I really wished that they did.

A club I joined in high school had a year long initiation, which included its own version of spirit week. There was one day where all initiates had to dress as the opposite sex. While I had already been wearing mom’s things at home, this would be my first time in public. Wore a green wraparound dress. I cheated though and wore my regular clothes underneath however, I was the only one who attempted breasts by using rolled up washcloths.

Banned Read only
    We had a crossdressing day as part of spirit week in high school in the nineties. That was my first experience going out "in public" dressed. I participated junior and senior year, as by then I had the nerve and the appropriate circle of friends to pull it off. Curiously, that event also led to my first "encounter" with a very handsome boy from the football team, but that's a whole other story.

Aspiring Member
    A lot of people your age and when you were in high school. I was in HS in the early 70?s and we did not have a swap day but did have a womanless pageant. I was nominated to rep the band, but turned it down even though I was secretly CDing at home. I think I did not want to give myself away! A year later my parents volunteered me to be in a womanless pageant at my CHURCH! Which I did... more info and maybe pics to follow... my first CDing in public...
    Last edited by michellecd9999; 04-11-2020 at 10:55 PM.

Aspiring Member
    We didn't anything like that but I wanted to Dress like a Girl and dance, I wanted to be a Dancer and a few years after I told a Lady Classmate, we are in our mid Fifties now and she told me I could have done it, I was young about 15, had no money to buy things to wear was a dream Today it's not, but the interest isn't there
    Live Today as if it is your last day

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    This may sound odd but, in about the 10th grade, late 60's, our school did a slave day. We bid on each other for the opportunity to have someone to treat as their
    personal slave for a whole day. A pair of BFF girls bought me and had me where a dress all day. I seem to remember a pair of handcuffs were involved.
    Great fun.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Back in my HS days, we had no such thing.

We were too busy dodging sabre toothed tigers on the way to the school cave.

I did, however, get an "A" in Fire starting.....
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    In the 60s and 70s in south MS, We had "CRAZY DAYS" under various names, where we could wear ANYTHING we wanted to---And they gave out prizes too. A good portion of the boys Cross dressed, but NOT ME, however, although I would have wanted to. I suppose I was too embarrassed to ask my mom for help, etc.---Although I DID CD in Secret when my parents went out of town. I don't think they suspected, but I wasn't gonna take any chances. Indeed Cross Dressing was a BIG THING in the 60s at Mardi Gras Which is celebrated in Louisiana, South Mississippi and Alabama. And Halloween too (Mardi Gras influence) Most of my friends Costumed this way, and often quite "Detailed" too. Still I chickened out, but NOW, I realize, if handled right, I likely would have been able to get away with it. As my parents seemed to be cool about my friends outfits. A big regret of mine. -----I enjoyed going the Mardi Gras Parades in Biloxi, MS and trying to guess which "Women" were really guys. I was surprised when many of them spoke. We wore costumes in the crowd or could walk along with the parade. Too bad I didn't have the nerve to do it at the time.---I still don't go out in Public, although in recent years I was a (Female) Gypsy Fortune Teller at our Church Halloween Party (see Pic) and Participated a couple years back in the Church's Womanless Beauty Contest.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Aspiring Member
    Okay, Here is the pic of my in my dress at the womanless beauty contest on Dec 31 1974 at a Baptist Church! My first public crossdressing pic. I had been CDing in private at home for several years. I wanted to wear heels, but my mother thought I would not be able to walk in them. Little did she know I had been walking in her heels for years!

Michelle
    1974-Dec - Fashion Show@church.jpg
    Michellecd9999

They had it at my high school once, but I didn't know about it until I saw boys in drag and inquired as to why. I had never dressed or even thought of doing it at that point, but somehow I was extremely disappointed at the missed opportunity.