Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who participated in crossdress day in high school

Not in the uk sadly would have loved to have done this

Brandie.n,

Yes, my high school did this like three times a year for different events usually followed by a ?sock hop? or dance.

Yes I did. I had much longer hair back then and could pass very easily.

My girl friend?s clothes mostly, dress or skirt with blouse.

Back then only my girl friend knew that I enjoyed crossdressing. And she enjoyed dressing me up. Some of the other kids suspected that I liked it as well because I wore makeup and was put together well. And not like the other brave souls that looked like clowns. But every chance I got I took advantage of it.

@?}??-
    Michelle

Ladies, if you want to learn a bit more about womanless beauty pageants, I refer you to Stana’s “Femulate” blog from August 2018 found at http://www.femulate.org/2018/08/its-...e-of-year.html. These pageants are found in many schools and communities around the US, especially in the “intolerant” south. It seems that moms and girlfriends go wild making their boys into fab looking girls/young women. I’m trying to locate the URL for an archive of info on such pageants, which I’ll post if/when I have it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Reality Check
    We had no "crossdress day" in school. It's hard for me to imagine this actually being a "thing".
    Krisi

We kinda had a girls clothes swap day for senior boys but was limited only to skirts. It was a fun day and all participated. I, obviously, really enjoyed it. My girlfriend dared me to wear a pair of her panties. I did. Little did she know how happy I was. She picked up on my grin and later mentioned how she noticed my no hesitation and thought it was cool...our little secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda Darling View Post
    Ladies, if you want to learn a bit more about womanless beauty pageants, I refer you to Stana?s ?Femulate? blog from August 2018 found at http://www.femulate.org/2018/08/its-...e-of-year.html. These pageants are found in many schools and communities around the US, especially in the ?intolerant? south. It seems that moms and girlfriends go wild making their boys into fab looking girls/young women. I?m trying to locate the URL for an archive of info on such pageants, which I?ll post if/when I have it.
    I've looked at many of those Youtube videos of so-called "Womanless Beauty Pageants" over the years, and while some of the girls (and/or their co-conspirators) went all-out with their transformations and looked absolutely stunning and unrecognizable afterwards, most of the participants seemed to pay homage to the "Milton Berle School of Female Impersonation" i.e. wearing Dollar Store wigs, ill-fitting dresses, with hairy legs and chests exposed, clownish make-up, and galumphing around the auditorium stages either barefoot, in socks, or else in combat boots. Those who did attempt to wear and walk in heels usually resembled a deer trying to traverse a frozen pond. Of course, the whole point of this mockery was to try to still preserve their macho images and - God forbid! - avoid looking more convincing as a female so as not to be perceived as being gay. Oh! The horror!

Frankly, as a dedicated crossdresser who tries to emulate a female presentation to the best of my ability when out in public out of respect for women and so as not to appear to mock them, I see no humor in these "Womanless Beauty Pageants". If anything, they disgust me and IMHO are on a par with the now-discredited blackface minstrel shows of the past.

No. We would have all been tagged as going to hell. Early on (second grade). The boys and girls were segregated at First Communion. Boys in dark blue suits. Girls in beautiful, white frocks. Even our bibles and rosaries (black or white) were gender color coded. Crossing that barrier meant guilt, shame, and eternal damnation. But my mind crossed the barrier even in second grade.
    Alice

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Yeah, as one of the days we had during our annual "Spirit Week" thingie in high school, there was an "Opposite Day." Don't remember the exact name, though.

Many of the GG's participated. Mostly putting their hair in a ponytail, throwing on a baseball hat, maybe a flannel shirt or a neck-tie or something. Perhaps a few went so far as to create a beard/moustache with make-up? Don't recall.

Of course, *very* few guys participated that day. And those who did, many made a joke out of it... Oversized fake boobs, messy wig, tutu, hairy legs, things along those lines. Only a couple would take it "seriously" & go the whole 9 yards, trying to look legit as possible.

Oddly, I never participated. Though secretly, I always wanted to. And I would have fit the latter category, for sure!

Anyway, yes... This "Spirit Week" was a very real thing. Fairly common in schools across the US, at least. Each of the 5 days would have some kind of theme, like wearing the school colors one day, and every article of clothing that qualified would earn you a point. That sort of stuff. Aside from that, don't recall the other themes.

The teachers would tally up the points, and whichever grade/class had the highest amount by the end of the week, won something the entire grade/class got to enjoy. Don't even remember what that was, LOL. Though it was announced at the school dance that Friday night, which capped off the week.

We didn't have anything like that. Even if we did, I probably wouldn't do it due to fear of being found out and bullied even more. Totally wanted to wear something femme for Halloween but again fear prevented so.

Unfortunately not in my school but would have loved it

I took part in our senior cheer routine as part of spirit week - a group of guys put on the cheer skirts and did a goofball routine.. Unfortunately, there weren’t any cheerleaders big enough at our school to give me the full experience. (I had to wear two skirts pinned together as more of a loincloth style.)

Now as a college gameday administrator, I’ve had a little easier access to cheer and dance uniforms, and lets just say that not everything that went in to the surplus sale pile actually made it to the surplus sale.

Ah-May-Lee
    I didn't go to high school. But the school I was supposed to go to was an all boys(5 thousand mostly south Bronx students) school in the Bronx. Also I would have to take the subway to get there with other teens from other schools also riding the train. I would have never made it to the school alive if I went dressed. That is also the reason I had to drop out. I was just finding out I was a girl and I would have been killed if I went to school dressed or even if someone knew I was gay, same thing would happen.

Edit- I did go to high school for about a month or so but I couldn't handle it. I wasn't dumb, I got high grades in junior high, emotionally I couldn't take it.
    Last edited by Amelie; 02-27-2020 at 05:28 PM.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda Darling View Post
    Ladies, if you want to learn a bit more about womanless beauty pageants, I refer you to Stana’s “Femulate” blog from August 2018 found at http://www.femulate.org/2018/08/its-...e-of-year.html. These pageants are found in many schools and communities around the US, especially in the “intolerant” south. It seems that moms and girlfriends go wild making their boys into fab looking girls/young women. I’m trying to locate the URL for an archive of info on such pageants, which I’ll post if/when I have it.
    Learning about Womanless Beauty Pageants - which I only did in November, 2019 - absolutely blew my mind. I grew up in the south, and have family in far-flung counties not very different from the ones where so many of them are known to be held. I'd have loved to participate in one or more of those.

My high school did not have any manner of dress opposite day, but I would have "tried too hard" if we did.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
    Oscar Wilde

Our dress opposite day people just wore their pants backwards... I don't think we understood.

Aspiring Member
    Never had such a thing in my day.
    If we had, I'm sure one of my female friends would have approached me with a view to swapping clothes as she was always up for laughs like that.
    Not sure if I'd have gone through with it though.

I went to public high school in NJ in the 1970?s and have no recollection of such a thing. I didn?t know I was a cross dresser until much later in life, but in retrospect, would have jumped on this opportunity and enjoyed it more than most students.

Platinum Member
    There was no such thing back in my day either. Its just as well. I would have been mortified by the prospect of doing openly what I longed to do in private!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm with Kim on that one. The teen I remember being was painfully aware of being a "transvestite" as we called it, and would have been way too repressed to let any hint of that proclivity leak out into public view.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

50 years ago the term "cross dress" didn't exist. No one ever cross dressed at my high school back then - at least not in public.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Yes my school had it and I looked forward to it every year

No such thing at my high school. Girls could hardly wear skirts, and no long hair for boys. A punk rock girl in my science class was repeatedly suspended for coloring her hair red, green,....and she was part of the cosmetology vocational program.

I dated a girl in college that said she hosted multiple 'crossdressing' parties at her house in high school. She kept suggesting that I dress for her, but I was an out-of-state student and without any pictures of her 'parties,' I was too scared to go through with it.

Like some have said, if my high school had it, I wouldn't have participated.
    Last edited by Nadia Wren; 02-29-2020 at 02:36 PM.

I never had cross dress days in high school (but we had Mardi Gras).
    I however have a very old story that may qualify.

When I was a child we lived in the USA as expats for two years. At age 5 I went to kindergarten. I couldn't read English but could speak it fluently. These were times when your mother would give you a quarter dollar every morning so you could buy your ration of milk at recess, I suppose these days are long gone now and you would now buy a Dr. Pepper instead for four times the amount. Back to the story, at the end of the winter, a school event was thrown where the children would play little acts. One child would read a text and the others would play the characters. My play was named Three Little Pigs, and I was one of three children playing the animals in the scene (two boys and one girl). I was intimidated enough by the idea of playing a part in front of people I barely knew. And then I learned this: the little "pigs" would be wearing pink or white tights. Yes, that went for boys too... It was a shock to me, and the countdown to the event filled me with much fear and desperation. To me, this sounded like: 1. I will be playing almost naked in front of strangers. 2. I will be a girl in everyone's eyes for the duration of this thing. And this felt like being abused on two levels.
    The day of the event, I was helped dressing with a tee-shirt and tights, and from that moment the rest of the day was strange. I did the play, crawling on all fours under a papier-mache tree or bridge of some sort with my two schoolmates. I was feeling strange. I was wearing tights and this little girl was wearing tights. Maybe she too felt a bit naked and exposed like I did. But I felt one thing more. I felt that it was something new to be dressed with this girl attire. However, it wasn't the dreaded thing I anticipated it to be. It was unexpectedly gentle and calm, even if a bit troubling, and there was no fear anymore. Nobody was taking offense. The adults who cared for me had conveyed to me that it was okay to dress like this, not a strange thing, not a shameful thing. As long as a play required it, anyway.
    The experience ended there. Until a few years later, where I began to play with my mother's pantyhose (voluntarily this time), and this was the beginning of another story.

Well, that's it. Does it count as Crossdress Day?

We didn't have a crossdress day but we did have a womanless beauty pageant. I didn't participate. Most of the boys dresses outlandishly/comically. One of the boys (who I happened to ride to school with that day) and his mother took it in the other direction and he was HOT and would have passed anywhere. He was not an attractive boy, but his sister was gorgeous, and in her clothes and makeup, so was he.

I graduated in 1977. We had a Backwards dance (girls asked guys), but that was it.
    And we had something called Slave Day. I'm sure that went away a long time ago.

Never had that in school but it's a regular event in the navy since forever. Nice legs on the bride that's sitting down
    Attached Images Attached Images