Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Masculine Persona vs Female Persona

Masculine Persona vs Female Persona

I was just wondering what type of male persona is more attuned to be a CD/TV?

So I was coming up questions to ask about others about:

1) Where in high school did you fit in, Upper Class( Sports player, Intellectual) Middle Class ( Just regular middle of the roads, Lower class ( Nerds, Losers, Shy and timid male types)?

2) Did you have GG GFs in high school? Were you on the outside looking in?

3) When picking teams, were you the first or the last to be taken?

4) Were any of you picked on or bullied in high school or Jr High School or higher education? Second, were any of you the most popular in your class?

5) Did anyone ever had a secret admirer in high school? And didn?t know it?

As for me, I was a lonely nerd, lower class, no GFs and probably the last to be taken.

Quote Originally Posted by JudyCDTV View Post

Were any of you picked on or bullied in high school or Jr High School

As for me, I was a lonely nerd, lower class, no GFs and probably the last to be taken.
    This was both my ex husband and my late companion . Both extremely intelligent , very high IQ's but all of this listed here .
    IG : Knightress Oxide

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyCDTV View Post
    I was just wondering what type of male persona is more attuned to be a CD/TV?

That was me exactly. Loner, didn't have much money, never fit in, couldn't throw or catch a ball to save my life, bullied K-12, always picked last for a team, and absolutely no interest in me from GGs (couldn't get a date if my life depended on it.) I was at the absolute bottom of the social totem pole.

I did well academically, not an honor society member by any means but I did well enough to get into a good college.

Davina Katherine Davina Katherine's Avatar
    1) Where in high school did you fit in?
    Lower class ( Nerds, Shy and timid male types)

2) Did you have GG GF?
    Yes, in Senior Year and she's my wife of over 40 years. Were you on the outside looking in? Yes

VERY last.

4) Picked on or bullied in high school or Jr High School? Most popular in your class?
    Bullied in Elementary and Jr High. Definitely not popular.

If I did, she/he never told me!

In high school I was middle class, didn't have a girl friend, was chosen among the first half of the group, was not bullied, and I don't think I had a secret admirer.

I recall my time in high school rather fondly, in fact.

Banned Read only
    1) I was a "burn out" (long hair smoked drank) but got good grades, excelled in science, shop, hated math
    2) I had one GF for a very short time my senior year
    3) Somewhere towards the end but not last.
    4) I was bullied in Elementary and Jr High but turned that around by High school. More infamous than popular
    5) It turns out I had a few admirers. I only knew about one at the time, but she wasn't my type.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 02-26-2020 at 11:44 PM.

1) Sports. Captain of the football team, captain of the soccer team. Only sophomore to letter in football out of my class. Lead actor in several plays.

2) lots of GG GF. Still have semi regular dinners with them. They know all about Natasha. We’ve gone out several times.

3) I was always first and the captain of the team mostly.

4) never bullied nor was I ever bullying anybody else. I had many friends in school who would be considered nerds and outcasts.

5) if I did. I dint know it. Probably. As I’m completely oblivious to any advances that anybody makes on me still to this day. My wife has to tell me that other women where hitting on me. If she didn’t I would never know.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Band nerd, had GG GF's, I was somewhat popular, I guess?

Often Lurking
    1) Where in high school did you fit in..(snip)?
    I hung out with all groups. So I was kind of a blend.
    Some considered me intellectual because I knew a lot about computers.
    I considered myself lower class, because we were poor.
    I was probably fairly average lol.

I had lots of GFs in HS. I never felt excluded from anything, there were times I was invited to stuff others were not.

Depended on the sport, and the setting.
    If it was for class, pick me last, I'm not going to try hard. Everyone knew that.
    If it was playtime, I was a middle pick.

4) Were any of you picked on or bullied..(snip)? Second, were any of you the most popular in your class?
    I was not bullied other than people hating on my style/attitude.
    I don't think I was the most popular but I was the class clown very often, everyone knew who I was.

5) Did anyone ever had a secret admirer in high school? And didn't know it?
    I found out 10 years after HS that I had at least 2 admirers. One told me at HS reunion and the other I bumped into randomly and we chatted for an hour or so and she told me.

Was bullied at home by older brothers, and at school. Was shy, child of alcoholic dad, did try to become half decent at sports, but was way behind the jocks, did not get picked much, had no girlfrinds as was shy and low on confidence and shame based. I had started Cding with my mom and sisters things at age 13. I like some girls, but was too afraid to tell them or talk to the ones i wanted. Never went to a prom. Was kind of an outcast, loser, average grades, but F in Algebra/ Was picked on badly until senior year.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 02-27-2020 at 12:08 AM.

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Not sure that my adolescent persona favored CD/TV. Perhaps, I did dabble in crossdressing by my late teens.

1) Middle of the road mostly. Active in the marching/concert bands, above average student, but not at the top. Bit of a nerd, certainly shy/timid in many ways. Part time work pumping gas kept me from joining clubs and other HS activities.

2) Had crush on some gals, but never any of them with me.

3) Not strong or terribly coordinated (to this day) so was near the end of being picked for teams.

4) Was indeed bullied by a few in JHS and early HS. Not bothered later in HS. Hardly popular.

5) Doubt I ever had a secret admirer in HS. Never suspected such in any case.

So, not being a macho "big man" about campus contributed to my being drawn to CD/TV? Could be.

1) Where in high school did you fit in?
    Did not really fit in anywhere in high school.

2) Did you have GG GF?
    Yes but never lasted long.

VERY VERY last....if there had been a dog it would have got picked before me.

4) Picked on or bullied in high school or Jr High School? Most popular in your class?
    Bullied throughout high school and in the work place after that.

Yes a girl I met years after leaving school told me that she always fancied me. She was stunning, a bit of an ugly duckling at school so just
    shows you. never judge a book by its cover.

As far as a masculine persona.....never really had a strong one. X

Having read the replies I feel it would be difficult if not impossible to draw any conclusions about correlations between school days and finding your way here.

Add to that people are notoriously bad at self assessment and are more likely to underestimate themselves than give a true picture. This is why many companies switched from annual manager review appraisals to employee self appraisal. People tended to talk themselves down and out of a pay increase.

Me, I was an average student. Good at some things, less so others. I had my small group of friends, as did everyone else and I married my girlfriend from school and that means we've been together for 50 years and in the closet for all that time.

I would totally disagree. Reading the replies given I would suggest there is a strong correlation between school days and finding our way here. X

Interesting responses. As for me I did not have a gf in high school. I was somewhat shy and awkward around girls; but I began dating in college when I came out of my shell so to speak. I was a poor student; not due to a lack of intelligence but simply boredom. As with my dating life my academics changed when I went to college where I did very well. I was always pretty well coordinated and a good baseball player. I have had my femme persona feelings for as long as I can remember but I had to suppress them in high school, college and throughout my adult years. I am 65 so the time period I grew up in was clearly not supportive in any way, shape, or form for cd's or transgender persons. But as I say often "you play the hand your dealt"

1. I was on the debate team, so more on the nerd side.
    2. I went on dates my senior year (two debaters from other high schools), but they weren't girl friends.
    3. I was/am pretty athletic, even though I may not have looked it (I was chunky then). One time at summer debate camp (no one knew me) we were playing touch football, and I was the last pick. Then during the game I showed I could play, and wasn't the last pick again.
    4. I was never bullied, but in Jr. High at an assembly some a-hole kicked me in the back (sitting in the bleachers) and popped open a hematoma in my back, and I started bleeding. Had to go home early. My dad, a chest surgeon, gave me a general anesthetic that night and removed the hematoma by operating on our kitchen table. My dad then removed the stitches too soon so I got a scar, but it's kind of hard to use your dad for malpractice.
    5. Yes. A girl wrote in my yearbook that another girl had a crush on me. I was fairly shy at the time and didn't feel the same way about her, and didn't know how to deal with it. I contacted her later and apologized for not handling the situation better.

As to any correlation, I disagree. I wanted to try on girls clothes when I was 6 or 7, long before my high school days.

No. I was not any of those cliches.

1. nerdy computer geek. Lower class, Shy to the point of invisibility.
    2. End of senior year found a GF - for a while.
    3. Didn't join teams. OR go to proms, or ANY non-classroom activities.
    4.Had a 'gang' of four that bullied me. Alone they wouldn't bother me, but they traveled in a pack so...
    5. Highly doubtful. See #1. For the most part, nobody saw me.

I knew I was a crossdresser before grammar school.

My life both inside and outside jr high school & high school was too complicated to really go into here. Suffice to say that I almost failed to pass freshman year, finished second in my class sophomore year, and graduated in the dead center of the class senior year. I forget whether I was the bottom student in the top half or the top student in the bottom half, but I was right there. A veritable fulcrum of mediocrity.

I do remember that the principle of my jr high school hated me, and physically slapped me around once.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Ah-May-Lee
    I didn't go to high school so most of the stuff mentioned doesn't apply to me.

I never had a girlfriend, don't like girls.
    I was bullied by people on the streets when I was younger and smaller but that changed when I got older.
    I was never a nerd or sports person.
    As a teen, I was sort of like a female version of Christian Slater in Heathers.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

1) Where in high school did you fit in, Upper Class( Sports player, Intellectual) Middle Class ( Just regular middle of the roads, Lower class ( Nerds, Losers, Shy and timid male types)? Lower, being a loner, but I didn't fit in anywhere. I was put in the "nerd" category by everyone. I had "ok" grades that could have been better if I applied myself. I had very few friends, those I had I still talk to to this day (almost 30 years later).

No GFs. There were many girls I had crushes on.
    Usually one of the last.
    4) Were any of you picked on or bullied in high school or Jr High School or higher education? Second, were any of you the most popular in your class?
    Got picked on most of my early life. It finally stopped (or dropped drastically) around my Junior year of High School.
    Not as far as I know..
    I just want to be me, and be happy.

Banned Read only
    The question you forgot to ask was:

6) When did you start crossdressing? Elementary, Jr. High, High School, or after?

For me I was still in elementary school.

As for any honest data correlation the sample size is way too small, CD/TG come from all walks of life.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 02-27-2020 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    Having read the replies I feel it would be difficult if not impossible to draw any conclusions about correlations between school days and finding your way here.

Add to that people are notoriously bad at self assessment and are more likely to underestimate themselves than give a true picture. This is why many companies switched from annual manager review appraisals to employee self appraisal. People tended to talk themselves down and out of a pay increase.

Me, I was an average student. Good at some things, less so others. I had my small group of friends, as did everyone else and I married my girlfriend from school and that means we've been together for 50 years and in the closet for all that time.
    I would also argue that this is a DANGEROUS line of thought. If what we do is a product of the circumstances of our youth, then you’re implying that something “caused” this, and if something has a “cause” it can have a “cure”... see where this can lead? Do the words “conversion therapy” mean anything to anyone? And even if you do find some sort of common thread, say every crossdresser didn’t have a gf in high school. Is that a cause or a symptom? This sort of thinking isn’t particularly helpful, and potentially harmful.

1) Where in high school did you fit in, A bit of a mix... Very good student all around especially in the sciences. A little nerdy but cool.

2) Did have a GF or two but was a little shy.

3) The middle which was fine.

4) Never bullied... got along with everyone pretty well.

5) Not that I know of but my sister told me years later that her friends all thought I was cute. (now she tells me!) lol

2) lower middle class and I fit in with my group of friends but not with the in crowd. I didn't play sports or band or any extracurricular activities. I had a car my last two years and went to work after school.
    2) yes, we celebrate our 50th soon.
    3) I got picked near the end of the selections. I still have bad memories of playing Dodge ball and getting singled out by a classmate who went on to play in the NHL. His role was as an enforcer type defenseman so he could really put some zip on that ball. Ouch!
    4) I made friends with the tough greaser types and they had my back. I found ways to get by without getting picked on. If you can't be tough be funny and make the bully's laugh.
    5) high school was 50 years ago so if I did she or he still hasn't told me.

I don't think there is any correlation between high school and my current status 50 years later. I moved into the area when I was already high school age and didn't go to grade school or Jr High there so my only friends were from my neighborhood and a few I met who lived in town near the school. 625 in my class so it was easy to blend into the woodwork. At that time I thought my dressing was some kind of kink that would go away.