Well a week or so ago I posted that I had decided to transition. I was on a waiting list for the endo, and on Monday the endo clinic called to say they had a cancellation and would I want to take the spot at 9:20 am this morning? You can guess my answer! I drove into the city last night (I live in the sticks about 100 km from Montreal), and took a cheap hotel thanks the the awful weather forecast. Didn't sleep all that great being nervous! I went presenting as a woman. Jeans and a nice pink knit top.

I figured I'd walk out with a requisition for lab work and it was going to be a few weeks before I finally got onto the hormones. Well, thanks to Quebec's excellent electronic medical records system, and since I'm diabetic and already undergo regular lab work, and since I asked my doc to include testosterone in the last workup last fall, the endo had all my lab data from last fall at his finger tips and he was satisfied with that. Soooo.... I walked out with a prescription for Androcur and Estradiol patches!!! So excited! I found the nearest pharmacy of the chain I normally use and quickly had the script filled.

I took my first androcur a few minutes ago and am about to install the first patch once I've carefully read all the instructions.

Day one of the New Woman is today! I've dreamed about this for the last 50+ years of my life. I was so emotional walking back to my car from the pharmacy. The endo also gave me a requisition for follow-up lab work in 4 months.