Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I told my wife that I want to dress more often.....

I told my wife that I want to dress more often.....

...and she was cool with it! She said she pretty much knew I was into it already. She's always known my love for pantyhose/stockings and occasionally painting my toes. Now I can be myself, be free, and not worry about hiding (except from the kids....lol).

It is so freeing to keep my toes painted, to shave my legs regularly, and just dress femme when I want to. I went on a minor shopping spree (shoes, a few more stockings, skirt, bra, nail polish), but am trying to not go nuts.

I'm just in a good place right now. I think this brings us a bit closer as a married couple as well.

I hope this was the proper area to post this

I definitely understand about the "not going too nuts"! A girl can easily get carried away this all this great stuff.

That's amazing.
    Just remember to take things slow and be your male self sometimes too. Your wife still wants her husband from time to time.

But have great fun with it xx:kissxx

Good point. I'll keep that in mind
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 02-29-2020 at 04:33 AM. Reason: There is no need to quoute the post right before yours.

Hi Aimee,

This is such wonderful news. I'm so happy for you. You have an amazing wife. Just take things slowly.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Gold Member
    My wife was OK with my dressing, even bought me outfits to wear.
    But at the sane time, I did not go crazy dressing all the time. respected her
    very much, and I did not want to lose her trust in me.
    I miss her very much.
    Rader

That is cool Aimee. I have a zero tolerance wife and it is difficult to deal with. You are very fortunate indeed.

Sandi

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    No worries! No more hiding!

Except from the kids!

Oh, yeah, and the neighbors. And, my boss, the folks I work with, my in laws, the postman, the folks at Starbucks, SA's, the gas station guy, my wife's friends, my friends, etc., etc!

This is what freedom looks like to a closet dresser!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aimee,
    You are in grave danger right now!
    While there is a faint chance that your wife is one of those "one in a billion" ones who is just fine longterm with a feminine crossdressing husbond, chances are you are walking into a minefield.
    There are many horror stories on these forums that start out just like your post. You should read them!

Dam the metaphoric torpedoes...Full speed a head! Enjoy life and as always "it's all about decisions"
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Aimee... good for you! A couple words of caution... Do not go overboard. Also ask her if there are any boundaries. My wife is accepting of my dressing and in some cases buys me things and gives me help and recommendations. Has even taught me how to do makeup. Obviously that wasn't the case when she found out about my dressing. Unfortunately she found out about it the hard way. 1 stalking through it, she understood and was open just some of it. We talked and set boundaries for me. Even when Good Times for me to dress. At times I have gone a little overboard which has made her nervous. Even though she has given you the green lights oh, it is still possible to go overboard. Too much of it, she may get threatened that you want that more than her. If that is the case that you want the dress full time so be it but the open with her. You may have a wife that is completely open to it and doesn't care when or how you dress but I don't think you want to take that chance.

Aimee,

The replies about taking things steady are sound advice. It's too easy to become so focused on developing your dressing that it actually creates rather than closes a gap between you.

Seek your SO's counsel and in doing so you can ensure you don't go OTT by accident. It will also make her feel included, your dressing isn't just you on your own.

Make sure that old devil money doesn't have chance to rear it's ugly head. "All you do is spend spend spend on clothes for yourself!" Isn't something you want to be accused of as then you know you're ready in trouble.

Apart from that, enjoy your new found freedoms.

hello Aimee,
    my advice: take little steps - you both need to be comfortable with this
    luv J

It?s great you can be out with your wife. While you might want to go slow with dressing in front of her, the fact you can talk about it with her is a huge relief. Secrets are never good for relationships.

My wife just came in and I am sitting in a black dress, bra and knickers, breast forms, fishnet tights, red flat shoes, nails painted red and red lippy.

Her reaction..."oh look at you sexy".

Its wonderful having an accepting wife. X

Davina Katherine Davina Katherine's Avatar
    That would be music to anyone's ears!

Silver Member
    I am a bit confused, Aimee, by your initial comments. Did your wife know of your CDing BEFORE you told her that you wanted to do it more often? Advice given above as to slow going and being her man is sound. Heed it.

Honesty and communication are the keys to success Go slow and carefully.
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Nothing better than having a wife or friend who is ok with dressing.Enjoy yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny22 View Post
    I am a bit confused, Aimee, by your initial comments. Did your wife know of your CDing BEFORE you told her that you wanted to do it more often? Advice given above as to slow going and being her man is sound. Heed it.
    She knows I have a nylon fetish and that I like to wear them myself. She never knew about full blown dressing, though, until I told her it was something I wanted to do more recently.

And to everyone else, thank you for the tips/advise. I will definitely keep them in mind. She is the kind of person that might not be ok with it if I go overboard.

Reality Check
    I wouldn't have told her that I wanted to dress more often, I would have just done it. Slowly, of course. Someone on here once compared it to a frog in a kettle tat doesn't notice the water getting hotter until it's too late. "Telling" your wife gives her the opportunity to object.

I will say though, that with kids around the house, I wouldn't be painting my toes and I would keep all my feminine stuff mixed in with my wife's. Kids are known to prowl around the house when nobody else is home.
    Krisi

Congratulations that is great news.

Platinum Member
    Heed the advice about taking it slow. Do not overwhelm your wife with your cross dressing. My interest in women's clothing in my marriage started with nylon nighties and hosiery/garter belts. Great in the bedroom with benefits for all!! After awhile my wife asked that the negligees not be worn as often. OK, not an issue. When my interests expanded to other female garments; bras and slips, we realized there was more to my mindset than kinky sex play. That ended up turning her off to any exhibiting of womanhood. As she stated, if she wanted to be married to a woman, she would have married a woman. A woman does have the right to change her mind, especially if you go over the top.

Another vote for the advice above. It's probably a good idea not to go beyond what your DSW already knows about for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    I wouldn't have told her that I wanted to dress more often, I would have just done it. Slowly, of course. Someone on here once compared it to a frog in a kettle tat doesn't notice the water getting hotter until it's too late. "Telling" your wife gives her the opportunity to object.

I will say though, that with kids around the house, I wouldn't be painting my toes and I would keep all my feminine stuff mixed in with my wife's. Kids are known to prowl around the house when nobody else is home.
    We were having some other issues and was prepared to walk away. So I put everything on the table.

As for painting my toes, I wear sock all the time now. haha. My wardrobe is pretty well hidden for now. When they get older, I'll likely have to take your tip into consideration, though.