Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does it make you feel awkward?

Reality Check
    I feel awkward when my wife and I are watching TV and a show involves a crossdresser, but I say nothing.
    Krisi

I'm not a fan of that sort of thing, either. I might ask those around me how they feel about it.

A sense of humour can be very fickle.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    I feel awkward when my wife and I are watching TV and a show involves a crossdresser, but I say nothing.

I share in that same awkwardness Krisi, and these days there is so much LGBTQ exposure (not necessarily a bad thing) that it makes it difficult to sit and watch with a spouse who is generally unaccepting (speaking of my own situation). On tv this pops up very unexpectedly and is impossible to predict so that short of changing the channel you just have to kind of take it in silently. Could this be an opportunity for discussion?......yes, but not a positive one, as in our journey of a thousand miles we have taken only a few small steps, most of them in knee deep sand~
    Last edited by Fran Moore; 03-06-2020 at 10:53 PM.
    Transtronaut

You must first find yourself before you can discover your future-

I agree with Krisi and Fran on this, I just sort of cringe a little and let it go. I wish it could lead to some sort of a conversation but I know that is not happening.
    Last edited by Crissy 107; 03-06-2020 at 11:28 PM.
    Crissy

When my wife was first aware of my female attire it seemed that every week or so there was a reference on TV to crossdressing, and I would definitely do the sit and cringe. At this point it has been a couple of years and I wear a mix of women's clothing almost every day. I don't cringe anymore as cross dressing is now more or less an accepted part of my being, and it's just not embarrassing any more.

There is a certain amount of aggression involved in all humor, that's what makes it funny. Sometimes when we are feeling particularly anxious, or fragile , it can seem like a personal attack, even when it's not meant to be. With something like television I think it's best to just roll with it. There's no profit in letting it upset you.

Alternatively, If you feel up for it, you could use it as a teachable moment: if the person watching it with you knows you're in the transgender spectrum, you could ask them if it it makes THEM uncomfortable. Who knows; you might both learn something. Just avoid getting preachy about it. It won't help your case.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.