Thread: Sister sighting in Scottsdale

Sister sighting in Scottsdale

Was out grocery shopping today. Got to the front of the line and the woman doing the checkout was a sister! Very courageous Phil! I loved your hair color and style and modest application of mascara. If you read this, know that others recognize the courage it takes to be yourself. You rock Lady!

Banned Read only
    Bethany,
    Be aware she could be TS so she may not see your point of view .

At my last blood donation session I had to have a word with the supervisor as I was slightly anaemic a lady appeared in blue dress uniform , she was a TS , I greeted her as I would any GG and then she asked me how I was doing and if I was having any problems with my TG situation , I told her I wasn't then we discussed donating blood if I started hormones . She was wearing a little makeup but at no point did I comment on it , we treated each other with respect .

Banned Read only
    Transpeople are everywhere, I am happy you didn't approach her or say anything.

I know this is a tough one, we all want to be supportive and let them know we have something in common. But in doing so you are basically saying "You don't pass.", and that can be just as hard for some people as being misgenderd.

Bethany, I'm glad you did not say anything. One of the bar tenders at a local pub is a trans women. I have never said a word and we have talked about tons of other stuff.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

You seem to have a firm grip on your presentation and confidence. I think that is great.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Reality Check
    If you are out in public and notice a crossdresser or transgender woman, this means they are not doing it very well. They have not "passed". Saying something to them about being a crossdresser or transgender would be a bit like walking up to someone with a missing arm and saying "I see you are missing an arm."

I suggest not staring and treating this person the way you would treat an actual woman.
    Krisi

Banned Read only
    Many times I encounter a person who appears to be the opposite of his or her birth sex. I don't know if "this means they are not doing it very well>" One cannot easily erase the vestiges of one's birth sex. In general males are larger than females. You cannot easily alter your appearance if you're six foot four and 250 pounds, not matter how well one tries. A grandson of one of my friends is as I described. Not much she can do about her presentation. On the other than the child of my wife's female cousin is now a transman and his stature of about five foot six and clean shaven allows him to blend in nicely without really trying.

Best to not acknowledge anyone's sexuality or gender identity. What's the point?

I have a bunch of mixed feelings on whether to approach or not.Yes it definitely lets them know that they have been read But it also lets them know there are others out there who appreciate their effort and are friends. It seems like maybe we need a secret handshake or signal that says you look great and I read you because I am of your tribe. I think since we are one a friendly hello is certainly okay or maybe "hello sister" or "you look familiar do you go to (insert here the local support group or drag bar or are you on CD.com.
    I figure if you recognize some one from this site. they will understand. Unfortunately I don't think I have ever seem anyone from this site out in the wild.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee