Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should I dress my age?

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Wear what you want, as long as it looks good. If you're going to dress as a woman, dress as an attractive, stylish woman, if your face and body allow it. I say dress appropriate for your location, time of day and for your body type. You don't want to look ridiculous like an over the hill hooker that doesn't own a mirror. When in doubt ask a TRUSTED friend that will be straight and tell you the truth. I ask my sister and or my ex wife, and as my ex didn't care for my dressing, I know she will be brutally honest.
    Be you, but be a stylish you. What's the sense of dressing up as a woman if you're gonna look like every other dowdy woman out there that take no pride in their appearance.
    Just my opinion.

Banned Read only
    Jacqueline,
    If you were in politics , dressing to look young is a necessity , shame some don't pull it off !!

I have to say you are remarkable , at 68 I wonder about my dressing in the future .

by Jacqueline Vivaldi:
    I can attach only one photo per day
    Hi Jacqueline Vivaldi,

I just wanted to clarify that the picture rule is not one photo per day. Please review. https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/faq.php

Thanks.

You don't have to limit yourself to the same type of stuff every day. I know you wouldn't think it from reading these two threads, but you actually can wear different stuff on different days .

I know! It's crazy, right? .

Obviously the correct-way-to-crossdress-police would judge you based upon what's most convenient for whatever opinion they have on that day and in that thread, and totally ignore the times when you wore what doesn't suit whatever they're trying to charge you with at that time.

- L.

Aspiring Member
    I think you should dress how you want to as long as it is appropriate for where you are going and allowing that you can "push" it a little. If you are at home dress exactly how you wish to! Sherrii

I promised a picture from the front and it is attached.

Last night I had a great evening. I went dancing at a really elegant venus. I wore a new blue pants suit with an elegant design and blue color that magnified the blue of my eyes. At least 20 people came up to me to say how beautiful I was. The best was a young lady who said "I want you to know that you are a beautiful dancer.....and you are gorgeous". I have never viewed myself as a needy person, but I was thrilled by the comment.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I say wear what you are comfortable in!

Dress as young as you like, I am still a honey blonde.

Just don't let the pink fog blind you and you go out wearing something ridiculous.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I dress 20s. I'm 40

I dress out of Kohl's Junior's part of the store. I'm an petite XS hourglass and their clothes fits wonderfully right off the rack! So does most of the XS clothes from VS. I'm in my mid 50s but have taken very good care of myself since I was ten.

Marion
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 03-27-2020 at 03:20 PM.

Silver Member
    I am almost 60, so probably younger than you. But old enough that I should be careful of dressing too young, like maybe a twentysomething. And my wife doesn't want to see me in anything too revealing, or "sleazy", as she puts it. I mostly agree. I don't want to look ****ty.

Where we disagree is on skirt length. My wife thinks longer skirts, below the knee, are appropriate for a woman my age. My female friends have convinced me that age doesn't matter, its whether you have the legs for it. And they tell me I have legs "to die for". So most of my skirts are about 3 inches or so above my knees and I love it. I have no dresses below the knee. In ever other way that matters, my clothing choices are tasteful and age appropriate for any situation, be it shopping, work, or social gatherings.

Silver Member
    I'm really OLD you kids lol. Anyway when I was in my 20s I wore dresses that my wife said were too old for me. Back then a lot of older women wore nylon/rayon dresses. I liked them, because you could see my lace slip and bra under them, but today I would agree they were too old fashion back then. I had a friend who was in her late 70s that wore cute outfits. She was a fun person. I wear nice outfits that give me a finished look. As for hair color, I know women who wear black hair wigs. I'm not going to wear a short dress. It all depends on where you live too.