Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My First Full Mile

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    No sense in getting your panties in a bunch over what people say Simone.
    Many here are transgender and we live this way 24/7 so we know all to well about keeping things safe.
    My comments were made with the intent of making you think beyond what you may perceive as safe and realize there is more to going out in public.
    Kelly and Micki are on target with their comments too.
    The main thing is we do care about your safety.

Congrats. I remember the first time I walked a mile in shorter heels and felt accomplished.

Be safe, although dressed like that day or night might attract unwanted attention for sure. Don't take the comments here to heart either. We are all a community and no one wants to read about you in the paper or on the news!

Hi Simone,

I like the outfit. I'm not sure what your goal was. Are you walking for exercise? Are you walking to be just to be out in public dressed? If it's the former you you might want to wear some leggings and sneakers. If it's the latter... well congrats! Please stay safe. There are a lot of weirdos out there.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

congratz on overcoming your fear, folks are just trying to show concern for your safety.

you do your thing and i will offer that you seek out a meetup or group of like minded folks to hang with, they do exist, hear in central jersey they have one that is a kinky group. sounds like a meat market to be honest, but hey consulting adults and what not. or perhaps just a support group to sit with some folks for a while, do realize that some groups are not as cosmopolitan as they think they are, one group i had started going to had repeatedly told me they had a remarkable non-binary group at their facility and my wish to volunteer there was never followed up on. so even some of our peers do not wish to be associated with some folks. not trans enough, fetish, not full time ect.

you are under no obligation to conform for any reason, ive seen my share of man in a dress at the mall and even hung about to watch folks reactions and for the most part no one bothered them accept for awkward stares. they were fine with the attention they got i guess and if you find that type of courage go for it but do heed the concerns from the folks advice of the dark of night walk abouts.

maybe they sould walk a mile in your shoes....
    Last edited by mykell; 03-04-2020 at 07:25 PM.
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Finding a local meet up / support group is a great idea and yes those kinds of groups are everywhere.
    That way you can hang with others that are just like you.

Leather skirt? High heels? On a footpath at night? On your own? In the dark? No one else around? Doesn't sound too clever to me. How many other women do you see dressed like that there at that time? None too many I woundn't wonder. Yes, it's great to be out and well done for getting out there. It only gets better the more you do it. But, what I'd say is think about where you want to go and what real women would wear who would be there at that time. Then copy them. It's the sure fire way to blend. It's also more fun, because then, you're just one of the girls out and about.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Amelie View Post
    ???. You are not a representative of the CD community, you are your own person doing what you like to do.??....
    Unfortunately, that is not the case. When people see a member of an identifiable group indulge in certain behaviors, they project those behaviors onto other members of the group. In a way, this is stereotyping and it's a shame, but it's also a fact.

Bottom line is, what you do as a crossdresser (in public) affects what the public thinks of crossdressers.
    Krisi

Ah-May-Lee
    Krisi, you are wrong. If we use that logic then if someone from any group, ethnic, gay or whatever does something then it reflects on the group as a whole. It does not, the group isn't subjet to the actions of one person.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

Banned Read only
    I hate to say it but getting all dressed up to go to a secluded spot is probably the least wise thing you can do. That's like having a spotlight focused on you at all times. It may sound counter intuitive but the best thing is to hide in plain sight. Go to places that are packed with people that are preoccupied with their own affairs. Plus, the only reason to ever walk a mile in 6" heels is if you somehow ended up a mile away from your car. Those shoes weren't made for walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Suranne View Post
    Leather skirt? High heels? On a footpath at night? On your own? In the dark? No one else around? Doesn't sound too clever to me. How many other women do you see dressed like that there at that time? None too many I woundn't wonder. Yes, it's great to be out and well done for getting out there. It only gets better the more you do it. But, what I'd say is think about where you want to go and what real women would wear who would be there at that time. Then copy them. It's the sure fire way to blend. It's also more fun, because then, you're just one of the girls out and about.
    Last edited by MonicaPVD; 03-09-2020 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelie View Post
    Krisi, you are wrong. If we use that logic then if someone from any group, ethnic, gay or whatever does something then it reflects on the group as a whole. It does not, the group isn't subjet to the actions of one person.
    That's just naive. It shouldn't reflect on the group as a whole, but within large swaths of the general public, such association with the entire TG spectrum is simply a given.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Just to clarify in case some of you didn't see it. The OP responded to the dangers of walking alone at night in post #15 and #18. At this point, I am, closing the thread.