Thread: Can I tell you something?

Can I tell you something?

The well-dressed older gentleman said as he approached and took my hand.

I'm currently going through a lot. I went out last Thursday night with my BFF and her SO for a few games of pool. I haven't been going out much lately, but I'm a regular here so most everyone knows me.

I was wearing skintight leggings, black and white plaid with a black, low scoop neck, long sleeve blouse, and simple black pumps.

I'm standing by the pool table, pool stick in one hand, waiting my turn as he approached. He reaches out and takes my other hand as he asks "Can I tell you something?"

I'm thinking this is going to be good for a laugh. I'm not worried, my friends are all around and I have my pool stick in the other hand.

He looks me in the eyes and very sincerely says while still is holding my hand, "I just had to tell you that you're beautiful". He then let go of my hand, turned and walked away.

I was stunned, didn't know what to say. It wasn't that he told me I'm beautiful, I've heard that before, mostly I think they are just being kind, and I do have a boyfriend. It was the way he said it like he was going to propose something.

He left me with a good feeling inside, at the same time wondering who he is. Yes I could ask around and find out if I really wanted to know. Instead I'm just going to wait till next time. Now to pick out something sexy to wear for tomorrow, as Wednesday is karaoke night.
    Last edited by Jean 103; 03-10-2020 at 07:49 PM.

I know your walking on cloud 9 after that.
    Angie

Jean.

That is a great way to meet someone when you frequent a place a lot. You were surprised and then curious and felt wonderful after. The next time he approaches you, you will be more interested than defensive. As an extrovert I do that a lot at my local coffee shop. I say hello and then some short comment about what they are wearing, what they are reading, what a great smile they have or hair and then turn back to what I was doing, waiting for my coffee to be made. Then after that, they will always smile at me, say hello or even walk up to me when my eyes are buried in my latest book I am reading. It really opens doors and makes casual, or more, relationships easier to make. Non threatening surprise compliment, which on my part are always honest and true. Something like that many times surprises the recipient and helps them let down their guard. I am glad you enjoyed it, he may turn out to be a decent and good friend in the future.

Allie

Jean, What a wonderful interlude.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sounds like your "boyfriend's" in trouble!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    He felt you needed to know and there is nothing wrong with that at all.
    I have had that happen twice years ago and luckily I was with friends too.
    It is a nice feeling when it happens.
    When I was in my 30s and running with a very rough group of people I told a waitress as I was getting up to leave how beautiful she was as I handed her a tip.
    She said thank you and never looked at her tip and walked back towards the kitchen.
    As I was paying at the cashier I heard her say back by the kitchen door OMG that guy just tipped me 100 dollars.
    I don't know what got into me but I sensed she was struggling in life and needed a break and a kind word from a stranger.
    Back then most people tried to steer clear of me for obvious reasons.

Allie, you are right about being open. This kinda thing use to happen to me more. The difference is now I'm like with my friends more.

This is a small town dive bar. Locals , mixed crowd. I kinda assume that everyone knows who I am.

I know it sounds like I have a big head, but I can explain. This is small town life, I am pretty well known , most nights I'm like winning every game on the pool table, so there is that besides I'm part of the in crowd, treated as one of the girls.

If this guy were to date me it would be all over town, it's happened and the guy wasn't to happy about it. It doesn't affect me as I'm out. You know it's all about who is dating who and whatever. This is small town life. I did date a guy that is openly gay, it didn't work but we are still good friends. Anyway that we were dating was news, just not that big. Our friends all liked that we were dating, so a different vibb.

Jean, That well dressed older gentleman has good taste, I know you enough that he was lucky to meet you. I have always said you are a good person and this proves it, I am happy this happened as we all need to know someone thinks you are special.
    Crissy

Tracii, I've been hit on many times, and taken a few back to my room. So I would clam to be a good girl.

It is he was such a gentleman, so nice and polite. I'm friends with all the bartenders and the owner. So it would be very easy for me to find him. But I'm going to wait, if he wants my attention he'll say hi again. I would bet he lives with in a mile of the bar, as most people walk to the bar.

But weather or not I see him again there will always be that moment. Another one of my favorite moments was this thirtysomething guy who lived at a house I was visiting. He calls me "Miss Jean". As I was there for a week it became one of the highlights of the trip.

Sometimes it's the little things.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Yeah its the little things that make life interesting.

Banned Read only
    Can I tell you something? I have never seen leggings that weren't skin tight. 😘 Great story.

To Jean and all of you following this thread, it is so wonderful to sincerely hear from proper gentleman that you are beautiful, attractive or classy. It can make your head spin with joy. It is also a wonderful validation of all the efforts you take to be as femme as possible.
    Sarah Adams, mature girl from NH. My photos are on Flickr under vintage4sarah !

Quote Originally Posted by MonicaPVD View Post
    Can I tell you something? I have never seen leggings that weren't skin tight. 😘 Great story.
    I have a couple pairs and some are tighter than others. I thought the same thing till they came in the mail.

Sounds like pretty standard nice guy schtick. Not that he wasn’t sincere, but grain of salt, he was probably just trying to get in your pants.

I think that's awesome and I'd love it if that happened to me, but...

As a guy, I don't think I've ever given a similar compliment to a woman I didn't know. Rarely even to a woman that I did know. Especially today, I don't know if that's something a guy should do. It's hard for a guy to give a woman a compliment without there being a sexual overtone.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    This happens to me quite often and I do like to get compliments as I do dress to get noticed when I venture out to bars or clubs. I've gotten the you're so beautiful, pretty, sexy, fabulous, fantastic, wonderful, daring, amazing, brave. Women usually say they want to raid my closet and steal my shoes or boots and that they could never wear something like that. One guy at my regular karaoke bar always comes up to me to tell me how proud he is of me for doing what I do. I know I'm not fooling anyone and most of us here aren't either, so I often wonder what is the reason. Some men are fishing for a good time, as they assume that because we wear women's clothes that we must be gay and are interested in showing them a good time and I've had to set some guys straight on that, sometimes very strongly. Sometimes they just want to get a better look and confirm that that really is a man. A sincere compliment is always welcome, and I can tell the difference. I am not gay or bi so I do not entertain "chasers". I like when you catch someone checking you out and they look away real quick, I've been stared at from across a bar many times and chuckle to myself, then they find the courage to come over and start the inquires. I am always honest and I like to educate the uninformed on Crossdressers, or at least this Crossdresser. Just my point of view.

Aspiring Member
    Sure beats being called “sir” when you’re all dolled up!

Hi Jean,
    What a wonderful story. Thank you for sharing.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Banned Read only
    Jean,
    I'm so glad you took his comment with the best intentions , some people are just lovely , the World isn't all bad thank goodness .

I still recall a guy who I thought looked like trouble in a hotel lounge area , he finally plucked up courage to tell us how lucky we are and how envious even jealous he was of the way we looked . Whatever his motive it was a nice compliment , perhaps Micki we shouldn't be too cynical and accept comments at face value .

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeanTG View Post
    Sure beats being called “sir” when you’re all dolled up!
    No kidding, why do some people do that?
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Compliments are great and should always be taken at face value. As for being misgendered, it's usually down to: genuine error (excusable and dealt with most often with a little humour); genuinely not knowing how to deal with the situation (excusable, and if appropriate a little guidance on how to treat gender ambiguous people is in order. My normal stance is that you should always treat someone in the gender in which they are presenting or with no gender at all); willful misgendering (this normally results from the person misgendering wanting to execise some (nomally male) power over us (sadly we're not immune from many of the malign influences of the patriachy), is not excusable and should shoud be swatted down, firmly, yet politely. If it happens, as it has done a couple of times with me in shops and such places, then, having instructed them how to treat gender diverse people with due respect, I don't go back into their shop again).

Ah-May-Lee
    That is nice when that happens.

I had a similar experience years ago. Sometimes during the day I would sit in Tompkins park in NYC reading a book. One day a guy my age approached me and gave me a flower, said this is for you and ran away. I think he was a squatter that lived in the burnt out buildings. I tried to find him but never did. Never saw him again. To receive a flower from someone in an area of the city that was mostly urban decay was a sweet surprise. It made me happy for a whole week.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

Another example that small gestures of genuine kindness does wonders. If more people did the same what I wonderful world this would be.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda Jean View Post
    As a guy, I don't think I've ever given a similar compliment to a woman I didn't know. Rarely even to a woman that I did know. Especially today, I don't know if that's something a guy should do. It's hard for a guy to give a woman a compliment without there being a sexual overtone.
    In this day and age, men are explicitly told NOT to do this by the hyper-PC, hypersensitive mainstream media and culture. I wouldn't say that to a woman I didn't know personally, much less * TOUCH * them without permission and say that. In a time where everything, the slightest most minor thing in the world can be offensive and "triggering", why would men take the risk? Not worth it.