Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will I Be Recognized?

Probably not but it can happen I had a friend once comment on who was that woman driving my car
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Banned Read only
    I've posted about this topic a few times but two weeks ago, I literally bumped into a woman from work. She looked up and looked at me straight in the eyes from two feet away. She blushed, apologized profusely for bumping into me and was on her way. Not a second look, absolutely nothing. We are coworkers and have been in the same division for years. People are in their own little bubble and, as someone said earlier, imagining you in women's clothes is the absolute last thing on anyone's mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sallee View Post
    Probably not but it can happen I had a friend once comment on who was that woman driving my car
    Your car. Your wife. Your house. Things that remind people of you and only you. Otherwise, not likely.

Will I be recognized

Not if you dress to blend in. I walked passed a neighbour not long after I started going out during the day. She did not recognise me and she only lives about 8 doors from me. I go out with a lady friend and during our outings we usually pass a school when the kids are coming out. I did not get a second glance from any of them (teenagers, which surprised me no end. I am coming up to 79 and very passable so can get away with looking like a mother/aunt.

If you go out try not to make yourself visible. The more natural you look the less chance you have of being noticed. That is unless you want to show yourself off.

Julie.

I haven't ran into people I know a lot, but I have seen co-workers while I was out enfemme. Not sure they even looked directly at me, but there were never any repercussions.

One time I did look up from a rack of clothes at a Sears, and my Aunt was standing 5 feet from me. No reaction from her at all, and we even smiled at each other.

I think if you don't have any distinguishing features that stand out in male mode, then you aren't likely to be recognized if you do a really good job with hair, clothes, and makeup. I get read for sure, but not recognized. My makeup stylist friend who has spent loads of time with me in both modes assures me that I'm unrecognizable when enfemme.

Quote Originally Posted by Sallee View Post
    Hold on, that's only half the story! How did you wriggle out of that one?

Once I was out with friends en femme and met some other folks with whom I hung out all evening. The next day, I went to one of my old friends' house for a party wearing my regular guy clothes (I went there after work) and one of the new people I hung out with was there. I said hello and started talking to them and she gave me this quizzical look as if we had never met before. In her defense, she hugged me with more than the usual firmness when she finally realized who I was, but that episode drove home the fact that people basically see my male and fem sides as two different people.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I was all but certain that no one would recognize me, until I dared to reach out to an old friend on facebook. I have always longed to have a facebook friend who knew me as a guy, I don't know why. I figured since he's gay, he would be safe. I sent the friend request, and boom, he sent my guy-self a message saying, "I just got a friend request from someone who I swear is you in a wig. What's going on?" I chickened out and said, "I'll explain later, lol." And I never did. He may have thought I was being pranked. I'm still too chicken to 'fess up. But why did I want to friend him, but only if he didn't recognize me first? I'm a mess.

Oh no, no facebook for Patience, thank you very much. Don't forget that fb does vile things like suggest friends to you...and suggest you as a friend to others. Others who may know guy you and even recognize you dolled up.

I do have a Twitter account for my fem persona, but Twitter allows aliases and things of that sort, so I feel my anonymity is preserved a little better.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

My wife thought I was posting pictures of her on line. She got mad! Then she realized it was me! So yeah I guess no one would recognize you. That is unless you do something to reveal yourself.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    No worries for me--I look entirely different in makeup----And I also experiment with different looks, and each of those are drastically different. Indeed, I really can't properly decide which of my many looks is the "Female Me".

Banned Read only
    This is a topic that I suffered over for years, so I find myself coming back to this thread. Another recent anecdote, this one in reverse: I went to a nearby fetish fair dressed in drab work clothes and ran into a transwoman I used to hang out with exclusively while dressed. We hadn't seen each other in around four months after going out very often for a while. I walked up to her and smiled. She is younger and very attractive and gave me that "who is this jerk and what is he about to say" look for a moment. As soon as I said hello, she recognized my voice and yelled out "OMG, Monica!" and gave me a big hug. She said that she never made the connection until I spoke.
    Last edited by MonicaPVD; 03-24-2020 at 12:08 PM.

I wasn't recognize by my ex girlfriend in the mall as I walked by her. And my wife didn't know it was me when I was posting a pic of me online and she walked up behind me.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

I mentioned that my makeup artist assured me I'm not recognizable. There was more to that story....

She had another CD customer who did have a significantly unique characteristic. I think she said something about a gap in his teeth. Well, this other customer was enfemme at some kind of a drag event, and carrying on in a less than lady-like way. Some people who knew him from his work were there too, and they did recognize him. From what she says, he worked in some capacity in the education system, and was let go as a result of all this.

I don't know the person, or any further details. Just wanted to pass that along as a potentially big downside. I guess each individual has to weigh their own risks.

Banned Read only
    Tricia, why do you have to go there? You heard from your makeup artist who heard that another client was outed for "carrying on in a less than lady-like way." What does that have to do with the price of bat soup in China?

All you are doing is stricking fear in the heart of our newbies. If you weren't there and you didn't hear it from someone who was there, it's fiction. Even if it did actually happen as described to you, that person was likely acting in an outrageous manner and brought the undue attention upon herself.
    Last edited by MonicaPVD; 03-25-2020 at 06:24 PM.

Being the least passable gal on the planet, out at least 500 times, it still bothers me that we feel we cannot go out. There are reasons (spouse, children, etc.) and excuses. I understand reasons, but there are no excuses, get out there!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Huh?

Well, at a minimum I'm responding to the OP meme. It says "If". There are potential consequences involved. Living in a dream world ends once you walk out the door.

I'm all for getting out in the world. I support it because I've done it. A lot.

But if you are going out you'd better exercise some judgement along the way.

And Kandi! Stop being modest. You look great! In pics, and in person
    Last edited by Tricia Lee; 03-25-2020 at 08:20 PM.