Thread: I don't know.

I don't know.

I know that my problems pale in comparison to what's happening around the world, because of the coronavirus.

I'm still disappointed.

My daughter is away at college. My wife was going to go out of town, at the end of March. I was planning on having a day and a half of Nicole time while she was gone.

My daughter's school just announced that all students are to leave campus, for spring break, and not to return until April. They will evaluate at the end of March to see if they should resume classes.

They are doing virtual classes for now.

She's coming home and staying until they give the all clear for students to return.

I'd rather my daughter be safe and healthy. I just can't help but feel disappointed.

Platinum Member
    Of course, you are disappointed with having plans disrupted. That is normal. Can you think of any way you might be able to compensate for the change in plans?
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Just change your mind set and enjoy all the time you can spend with your daughter, or maybe if you had a conversation with her and let her know a little more about "Nicole" you could get in some prime time shopping. …………………………………...Debra

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Enjoy your daughters company, dressing you can do later.

Yep, Tracii is correct on this, enjoy your daughters company. Most colleges and universities are online only til early April.
    Crissy

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Maybe this is Nature's way of letting u know it's time for, "The talk"!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Silver Member
    Enjoy the time you have to spend with your daughter. Someday you won't be around anymore, and she will be glad she had that extra time with you.

(disappointment is a very normal feeling) Make some day trips with your dresses and makeup aka drag bag and go to a motel...I understand it is expensive but it might scratch that itch...And of course your daughters health trumps all because of the love you have for her.
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Enjoy your daughters company, dressing you can do later.
    Very good suggestion. You?ll have other opportunities to dress, but the times will come when you wish you had more time with your daughter.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Read only
    Or.... You could come out to your daughter.

With what's going on in the world, it literally could be now or never.

All 4 daughters (and 2 son-in-laws) are used to me being dressed.
    It's really nice just being one of the girls with them.
    While it's nice to occasionally play the dad role, I've gotten a deeper relationship with them as a female
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Reality Check
    I understand how you feel, but "world events" can change even the best of plans and loss of dressing time is minor to what some folks will go through. Folks in the travel and entertainment industry are losing income and may eventually lose their jobs and businesses. Weddings and family gatherings are being postponed, and of course, some folks will catch the virus and be very sick and some will die.

I dress nearly every day, at least for a few hours, but I've learned to do without it when it's not possible.

Enjoy your time with your family.
    Krisi

Aspiring Member
    I am currently single and do not have children. I live alone so can dress as much as I want, and I do. Would I trade this for a daughter? In a heartbeat.

I can see your disappointment.........

Don't you think it is a little selfish, think of the good times with your daughter and work around the problem.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.