Thread: Corona virus a sideways glance

Corona virus a sideways glance

Now that corona virus is taking hold and ever greater numbers are being told, or at least offered the chance, to work from home, I wonder how many will take the opportunity of dressing for work? For some this could be the only chance they get to do this and I hope that some are able to take advantage. As they say, it's an ill wind that does nobody any good.

Aspiring Member
    I was wondering what I could be doing if I was to start self-isolating. Never thought of that!!!!!
    Vikk
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Aspiring Member
    I work from home a lot anyway and of course do so nicely dressed (probably to a higher standard than my male clothes in the office). I have a function far from home this weekend as Susan - it is a charity thing about style for women - and it is in an area that has had cases of Coronavirus. If I catch it, the medical authorities would obviously want to know where I had been and who I had met .... bit I suppose if I get the virus that will be the least of my worries.

My office just closed, everyone to WFH (need to go back, get an extra monitor), but my sons school is also closed, so no chance to dress up ☹️

It seems like everything under the sun is closing. This is really scary and I would avoid any sort of public gatherings as the virus may very well be there. I have heard in some areas the supermarkets shelves are empty.
    Working from home could be very nice and at least safe.
    Crissy

Ah-May-Lee
    I am already isolated, been that way for some time now. Because it is winter and usually snows a lot up where I live, I stock up and have enough to ride the storm. And it will soon be planting season and I'll start growing some food. It's times like this that I'm glad I left the city. Stay safe everyone.

PS- Being isolated has no effect on how I dress, I always dress any way I want.
    Last edited by Amelie; 03-13-2020 at 06:52 AM. Reason: added sentence to make relevant to the section
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

I have had 2 meetings canned this week so worked at home, dressed, every day and managed to get some shopping in too!

I like to wear a nice blouse/top and my Black pencil skirt with tights to feel all professional

Not working any longer, but since they are suggesting that we "mature" folks stay home more I suppose I'll just have to spend more time with my wardrobe.
    By that I mean something a bit more dressy than my usual daily fare.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

This doesn't affect me since I work from home already (and my local workplace recently closed down and haven't opened the new set of offices yet). What will annoy me is when they close school and trying to get work done with my 3 kids and the 3 kids my wife babysits all in the house and not having the option to go to my workplace for some quiet.

Mod note!

This thread is about being able to dress ( as it is in the m2f cross dressing section) for those being home because of this crisis.

Nothing more.

The thread in the lounge about coronavirus had to be closed after numerous edits for those that feel they have to bring in politics and guns ( against the rules)

Please keep on subject and remember this is in the m2f cross dressing section.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Platinum Member
    Another potential positive spin on this otherwise bleak period is many financial areas are ghost towns. Pictures of that area of Seattle with Amazon as a major employer and tourist areas are almost totally devoid of people. People are not patronizing restaurants. This may give some more adventurous self isolating (not due to illness) cross dressers an opportunity to go out for strolls. It's almost guaranteed nobody is going to get within six feet of you.

Banned Read only
    It is a serious subject as we don't know what the outcome will be , it could have a humourous side but is it right ?

I live alone now anyway so I could make a joke of my separation /divorce coming at an ideal time .

Banned Read only
    Social distancing is what introverts like me have been training for all our lives.

Banned Read only
    Roberta,
    That's what I'm not looking forward to because I love interacting with people , at least I have the dog to keep me company and she's never minded what I wear .

Things like blood donations have to carry on so I gave my 74th pint last week , they were as busy as ever .

It seems that people do not read what one of our Admins posted, or just don't care.
    So, now this thread is done.