Thread: Kids are home

Kids are home

My ex lives about a mile from me, we get along well, CD had nothing to do with our split. Our 3 kids go back and forth between our homes, we alternate weeks, but we do not stick to it very well if the kids plans favor one home over the other. My two oldest are in college, and the youngest is at her mothers house this week. Over the years, my closet has always been half female and half male clothing (well maybe 70/30). I never told my kids I CD but I assumed they might wonder about my clothes.
    I was working from home today and of course I dress the part. Suddenly my front door opens and my older daughter is asking for me. She is home from college for spring break, which is now three weeks or longer due to Covid-19. I am in ladies jeans, blouse, light make up and pink nails. My daughter comes upstairs and knocks on my door, asks if I could put the bike rack on the car. She is going to pick up my son from college, his school is closing as well. I know she is short on time so I cannot delay her with out raising suspicions. Well, by now I have changed the blouse for a tee and quickly wiped the make up off (Thanks Sephora make up wipes) , the jeans I often wear in drab anyway, but the nails still are gorgeous bubble gum pink. Polish removal would take too long, so I just walked out and told her that I like to CD, especially when home alone. She asked why, and for that I have no good answer except that I like it. She hugged me and said "whatever makes you happy". I proceeded to install the bike rack on the car. She asked if I did my nails myself, and i confirmed. "Wow Dad, you are really good at painting nails!" I actually do think the years of practice paid off, if I say so myself. She left as soon as the rack was on the bike since she knew her brother was waiting for her as his school cleared out, so no time to talk. I did not want to dump this on her like this, she is going through a bit of a dilemma about the school she is enrolled and if it were the right choice. I hope she is taking it in stride like her outward appearance suggests but time will tell.
    I actually thought my kids knew something since I assume kids go through their parents rooms. For instance, the other night my youngest was painting her nails and realized she left her remover at her moms house, she casually asked if she could borrow mine. I went to my room and got it for her. I do wear womens casual shoes in drab often and we all take our shoes off in the foyer and leave them there. I have to say, my oldest daughter had no idea about her Dad, and she is really bright. Oh well, for those of you who worry about keeping this from your kids, it appears it is not that hard to do so.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Dressing up View Post
    She hugged me and said "whatever makes you happy"
    I bet that makes you wonder why you waited so long, huh?

My son was the same way when I came out after a couple questions he said "You be you, Dad"...

Very nice story, and you are very fortunate to have the children that you do
    I am glad that they are happy for you

When I came out to my son, who was 22 at the time, he told me he had known since he was 14.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

I imagine that coming out as a CD to my newly out transgender daughter would not be quite the worry it was a couple of years ago if she found out. That said .... still in closet mode.
    Closeted for 45 years, so please take any advice I might offer with a massive dose of reality.
    Julia xo

Oddly enough, my oldest son does know. Long story but he had some issues unrelated and upon dealing with those he did find out for my ex about me.I don't want to get into details but there was nothing malicious about the way my ex informed him. So I did speak to him about 2 years ago. So, officially two kids down one to go. And I am guessing my youngest might have some clue.
    There is a big difference between knowing and accepting, so even though my two know I don't think I will be pushing any boundaries. Honestly I think life is full of challenges at their age and I don't want to make the issues about me. I do hope one day I can be more myself around them but I am blessed with really great kids in the meantime.

As a transwoman whose daughter has been everywhere with them since age 5,I will say this..Being comfortable as yourself isn't a big deal unless you make it one. Show them that you have gumption and they will love you for it.
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Platinum Member
    I have to admit as a child I did sneak peaks through our apartment especially at Christmas time to find presents. I'm sure my parents suspected I wore my mother's clothing. If an adult child or late teen knows daddy is a cross dresser and has no problems with it perhaps it would be nice if a hint were to be dropped sometimes. Even if there were no outward signs of the cross dressing it may relieve a lot of anxiety fathers go through.

I think telling the family is the hardest part of our lifestyle.

Others around us don't seem to care.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Very awesome. My kids seemed fine with it, and I was always paranoid they weren't really ok with it but after all this time it truly does seem like genuine acceptance.

I think the younger generation are more exposed to LGBT as being a part of life that it is easier for them to accept. Being at college I bet your daughter already know a L, a B, a G, and a T already.

very cool.
    My kids learned once they got to an age where they understood the difference between telling everybody everything and not talking about everything to friend.
    4 girls and 2 step sons are like "well that's what make you the great person you are".
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

That is a great story. So happy your daughter responded as she did.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

You've got some great kids girl.
    Angie