Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't know how I'm gonna do it.....

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar

Don't know how I'm gonna do it.....

Hey y'all!

First of all, I'm still at home..... I got to feeling a bit under the weather on Sunday when I was just about to get ready to head back to Missouri to go back to work, (my company is in MO). Don't worry though, I do NOT have the Coronavirus. LOL I'm also feeling a lot better and I'll be going back to MO today.

Anyway, I only felt a little bad, but not horrible so that did NOT stop me from dressing up as Kimberly and going out twice more, Sunday and yesterday! I will post pics and a full report come Sunday.
    Anyway, this is what I'm really posting about..... I live in central Mississippi, I can only get dressed up and go out when I'm home every other weekend. In my neck of the woods, it gets VERY hot and humid here. Just yesterday was mostly sunny, with some clouds and highs in the high-70s. Me being a hot-natured person, I do tend to sweat quite a bit if I'm out in the sun and here in MS, it doesn't take long to break out in a sweat.

So this is why I don't know how I'm gonna keep up CD'ing when the really hot summer rolls around..... My sweating, plus makeup. I'm afraid that my makeup will run too badly for me to even be able to go out dressed. Also, wigs tend to make me sweat. I haven't been wearing a wig cap with wigs lately and that has helped to keep my head a little cooler, but I still sweat under a wig. I know, water and sweat-proof makeup is available, but it may be too expensive for someone like me who is on a budget. I guess I'll have to see how bad it gets and if I'll be able to go out without sweating too much and my makeup running..... If that happens, I may only be able to dress up and stay home, which will SUCK because I LOVE going out dressed! LOL
    Last edited by Kimberly A.; 03-17-2020 at 10:34 AM.
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

Banned Read only
    GG'S have been wearing makeup in hot humid climates for as long as there has been makeup.

How do they do it?

Good question, Roberta. LOL

Platinum Member
    My wife just turned 69. She has not worn makeup with the exception of lipstick for many decades. Makeup for most women I know is not essential. That includes an age range from 19 to 85. When I started seriously wearing women's clothing I did fall in line with a lot of others that makeup was essential including false eyelashes. Now? With or without makeup I know I would not convince anyone I was a GG.

If you're young and have good skin makeup is not essential to having a good time.

I am originally from South Texas ( but thankfully escaped decades ago ) and still live in a hot climate today and have not worn foundation hardly at all past 35 . I will do my eyes most days if I feel like it and maybe some clear gloss , MAYBE . Unless I am going out to a club/theater/concert etc and even them maybe just a little BB cream strategically placed ..

Foundation/ big old blush thing going on/lipstick etc etc will just age the heck out of me at 57 unless I'm on stage or having pics taken or something . .
    IG : Knightress Oxide

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Smile It's "no sweat", Kim!

Your post reminds me how lucky I am to live in SoCal. We rarely have high humidity here except during rain storms and on cold, foggy nites!

I usually wear very warm outfits, even in the hot summer sun, (silicone breast plates, suits, and crop tops). So, I'm also lucky I don't sweat much!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    With make up less is more a lot of the time.
    Don't worry too much you will figure it out when the time comes.
    I don't sweat a lot but I can see where that could be a problem.
    I just go places with air conditioning when its really hot.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 03-17-2020 at 01:46 PM.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly A. View Post
    Good question, Roberta. LOL
    My point was don't just give up. Do some research and figure it out.

Don't be afraid to go to a major makeup retailer and ask for some advice.

I have the same problem. Summer where I live is very hot and humid. Coastal areas are much worse as the humidity goes very high in evenings. I pretty much just go out at night to stay out of the daytime heat. I was in Nevada last summer and it was 113F so I did not even bother dressing up. It was dry but they have no shade. Ugh. I definitely like cool weather for dressing up.

Sandi

I have crop tops and short shorts that are very comfortable in the summer. I'll also wear a hat and sunscreen to protect my skin.

Maion

Platinum Member
    I lived in Houston for a couple decades and through that whole time, my internal thermostat was still Scandinavian, so I can completely empathize with you. Still, I coped fairly well. I wore lighter, looser cotton tops and shorts most of the time. I have always preferred to go light on make up, so that really wasn?t a problem. And I wore a wig no matter the temp and humidity. The key, perhaps, was to stay hydrated!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

As Tracii said less is more.

I've gone swimming and my makeup stayed.

I wear 24Hr foundation and lip stain by (L'OREAL) , waterproof mascara (whatever mega lash stuff is on sale currently great Lash by MAYBELLINE).

What makes the difference is start with face primer (MAYBELLINE) and finish with setting spray (HARD CANDY).

I included the brands I use, these are not expensive.

i know it can get expensive when you buy something that doesn't work for you.

Like I don't like Face primer by HARD CANDY, it's the way it goes on.

Or Like my favorite finishing spray is by FLOWER, but the last two I bought the sprayer failed, so I will not buy anymore. I didn't waist it, I put it in another container with a working sprayer.

Yes I have bought and tried MAC, and that is all I will say about that.

As they say, where there is a will there is a way.

Jean, I think that is very good advice..... Shucks, ALL you ladies gave me good advice! But Jean, I do believe I'll make myself a makeup shopping list from the products that you suggested I try, if you don't mind. LOL Of course, some of you said, "Don't sweat it!" (so to speak LOL). I will take every bit of what y'all said here into consideration..... Except maybe for going light on the makeup and that's only because of my dark facial hair. I mean, I really DO have to cake it on and blend it evenly and even then, my facial hair is STILL kinda visible. I haven't figured out yet how to make it completely disappear, even with using two, (yes TWO different kinds of concealers), plus foundation and finishing powder.

I have tried more than once the baking technique with translucent powder to get my facial hair to disappear more, but I just can't get that right for NOTHING and I really don't have the time to keep practicing that. LOL
    Last edited by Kimberly A.; 03-17-2020 at 10:15 PM.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Are you saying if you shave really close you still can see facial hair?
    Have you used a beard cover before?
    Just caking on make up is not the answer.

I don't have a beard so I don't think I can help there.

I use a disposable foam wedge to spread the primer.

A stippling brush for foundation, dab a little liquid foundation on your cheek, using the brush in an up and down action, you pick up the product and spread it. It's a flat face brush, and by lightly pounding it against your face, it drives foundation into your pours and in my case wrinkles too. This may help to hide your beard.

I should add you can use face primer on you eyelids too but I use eyeshadow Primer by WET N WILD.
    Last edited by Jean 103; 03-17-2020 at 10:57 PM.

Are you using a disposable razor? An Electric Razor won't shave close enough.

A concealer works by mixing in a different color than your skin to offset the bluish color of your beard. The color of the concealer plus the color of your beard equals your skin color.

Marion
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 03-18-2020 at 05:38 AM.

Kimberley,

There's a sticky in the clothing section about beard cover techniques that's well worth a visit. Also, have you read up on the techniques used by folks here to get a close as possible shave?

As with all things in life sometimes it's about compromise. You've written that you'll always have to wear hose but in order to dress comfortably in warm weather that might be something you need to revisit.

Wigs; consider getting a shorter one, one which doesn't cover your neck. It's surprising the difference that will make.

Lightweight clothing is the obvious one. Loose fitting sleeves, scooped necks, skirts that allow air to circulate and sandal shoes.

There's no magic bullet but it's more about getting a package of measures in place.

I only shave a few times a week. I find that it helps me get a closer shave when I do. Last week I went out and I had a nice close shave. What was different, as someone pointed out, I went very light on the foundation. That made a huge difference. No caking at all.

Kimberly, have you tried red/orange lipstick under your foundation? you use it thinly, all over your beard area. The orange offsets the blueish tinge of the beard shadow. If you use a primer,(also good for beard shadow if you haven't tried it.)it goes over the primer, under the foundation.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

For covering beard shadow, as well as neutralizing the areas of rosacea on my cheeks, I use these: https://www.elfcosmetics.com/color-c...ck/200033.html
    It will take a little practice to learn to properly blend between treated areas and bare skin (the shadow may be covered but the sharp line will still stand out), but it's very effective once you have it down.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

I never thought I would go out regularly, much less in summer. I have tried to adapt.

First, the wig makes it hot. If I go out during summer, I try to stay indoors (a/c) as much as possible.

Second, bare legs (yes, I shave mine). Pantyhose is simply too warm.

Third, bare legs means bare feet. My feet tend to blister if I don't wear socks, so I use socklets for my shoes than tend to rub (I do have a couple of pairs, including a pair of wedges, that don't rub).

Fourth, I have dresses or tops that expose more of my shoulders, as it is cooler. With the tops I will generally wear a skirt. I have some shorts but they are too short and show my tan lines. I have begun to occasionally run with my shirt off to make the tennis (a/k/a farmer's) tan less noticeable. With more strappy tops, I take the bra straps off my shoulders and tuck them in so they don't show.

Fifth, no Spanx.

But, if there's a will, there's a way.

Tracii yes, even after washing my face with hot water, then shaving with shave gel and a five-blade Gillette razor, (non-disposable) as close as I can possibly get, I can still see facial hair.
    No, I've never used a beard cover before and I'm starting to realize that caking on makeup isn't the solution. LOL

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Ladies again, so many replies I will reply to all. LOL

Ok, first here's what I do: I wash my face with really warm water and soap. Then rinse, then shave with shave gel and a non-disposable, five-blade Gillette razor for men as close as I can possibly get. I shower after that.
    Then when I put on my makeup, I start with a primer, (don't remember the brand). Then, I put streaks of L.A. Colors Cover Up Pro orange concealer where facial hair shows, (from sideburns, down my cheek to my jaw line, chin, under my nose and on my neck), then I blend that in with my fingers.

Next, I put dabs of Hard Candy Glamoflauge concealer over the L.A. Colors concealer, using a dabbing motion with a beauty blender.
    Then, I dab Wet N Wild foundation all over my face again, using a dabbing motion with a beauty blender.

Now, I have a makeup brush kit from Walmart and I use the bigger brush from it to put finishing powder all over my face to set the foundation...?. That's what I do to cover my facial hair, but apparently it's still not enough. LOL

Oh and ladies, I will reiterate..... I will NEVER go bare-legged. If y'all want to in the summer, that's fine, do what makes you comfortable. But I will always be wearing hose of some kind. My legs really don't all that hot, I'm very comfortable wearing hose and I feel naked without them. LOL

Aunt Kelly, I already use an orange concealer but thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Helen yes, I should check out the posts about beard-covering techniques..... Also, I already shave as close as I possibly can, I just have dark facial hair and that's all there is to it. LOL

I will NOT revisit wearing hose, I will ALWAYS wear them and not that I'm angry or anything, but I do get tired of repeating myself on that. LOL

As far as a wig that doesn't cover my neck, I can't do that because my natural hair will show at the bottom of the wig.

I have already said, on more than one occasion that I even wear shorts with pantyhose in male mode in the summertime.
    Last edited by Kimberly A.; 03-18-2020 at 10:05 PM.

Banned Read only
    Looks like you have covered all the bases. Here's my solution, based on your responses: move to a colder climate. That or don't dress in hot weather. Simple.
    Last edited by MonicaPVD; 03-19-2020 at 05:35 AM.

Well Monica, I don't have the means to move to a colder climate..... Besides, I'm an over-the-road truck driver and get sent to the northern states a lot and honestly, I HATE the winter weather up there! LOL Back in February 2019, I was at a truck stop in Indiana, slipped on ice, rolled and broke my left ankle while walking inside to get a cup of coffee and I was out of work for six months because it..... Yeah, y'all can have your winter weather! LOL I'm very happy living in central Mississippi; it's my home, after all.

Also, NOT dressing in hot weather is not an option for me..... Try telling that to all the other CD'ers here who go out dressed, even in hot weather.
    Last edited by Kimberly A.; 03-19-2020 at 06:39 PM.

Banned Read only
    Now you certainly have covered all the bases. Good luck with that.