Thread: working at home in a dress

working at home in a dress

Last week I was planning a makeover, a manicure, some shopping and attending my first crossdresser party. I was a little under the weather (better now) and while that might not have changed my plans in the past, given the current predicament, I elected to stay home and rest.

I am working from home today. I read a couple of articles yesterday about working from home. One suggested that you maintain close to your normal business attire. The other reached the opposite conclusion -- that unless there's a video conference , it's time to go wild.

So here I am working from home wearing a dress most women would find to be very appropriate for an office environment. Makes ups a little bit for last week's disappointment.

Be safe everyone.

Aspiring Member
    I had a teams meeting today and the host asked to see everyone's face so we know who we are working with. Every body did except for me. I hadn't shaved in two weeks. Didn't have a dress on today. Hard to with young son home from school. When I used to work from.home alone, I would put more on.

Platinum Member
    Might as well make the most of being home-bound if the circumstances permit it.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I think your work attire for today sounds very appropriate for making the best of this pandemic.
    Crissy

Remember ladies proper business attire when working from home. Nothing too risque. I would hate to see anyone get called into HR
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Enjoy the chance to dress as you like; if you’re closeted, just hope the meeting leader doesn’t ask everyone to turn on video right away!

Since going full time a few years ago, every work day is women’s business attire day for me (fluctuating between casual and dressy). Home is where I can wear a comfy t-shirt in the evening. Working from home, I’ll still dress for work. I’ll be on camera (I’m a math professor at a research university) and want to keep looking professional. As much as anything, it’s to emphasize to the students and to me that this is class as normal, we’re going to work just like we did in a physical classroom. I think keeping as normal a routine as possible is going to help keep us all sane through this. I will, however, take the opportunity to wear sneakers or go barefoot, since my feet won’t be on camera. I’ll save the heels for when they can be seen
    Last edited by kathtx; 03-18-2020 at 06:35 PM.
    The end of fear is the beginning of wisdom -- Bertrand Russell

My son is home from school, so no chance for me to dress.

I was talking to a female co-worker and she asked me if I was wearing loop earrings instead of my studs. I told her no and why she asked, she said because she hears banging on the phone and It's usally the sound that she hears when talking to a woman with bulky earrings hitting the phone. I started paying attention and she was right my earrings would sway back and fourth hitting the phone. Wow almost busted and without a video. Enjoy your working from home time and wear whatever makes you happy

I am teaching my classes online without video and without class discussion (live class activities are too much bandwith). So I assign activities and grade video presentations and papers uploaded to the course management system - I am usually wearing a dress. I am a software engineering and game design professor - most of my classes are project classes.

Working at home a few days a week. My wife is at home working also and is ok w my dressing but our son is here now too so will have to stick with only nighttime dressing for a while.

I work at home a lot so dress everyday and often go out to walk the dog dressed under my coat.

Unfortunately my company has decided that we should be using video more, so I have had to cut back, although wearing a man's polo shirt and a skirt with hosiery is very exciting!

Unfortunately tomorrow will be my last day for a while as teh Schools in the UK are closing so my son will be home as of Monday and my Wife finishes for Easter next Thursday

When I work from home I wear work clothes during normal work hours to remind myself that I?m working and not taking the day off. But then, a nice skirt suit is work clothes.

I don't normally work from home. In fact my job has me outside, on the snow, most of the day. Since I'm in a supervisory role and it's review season, my company is letting me work from home this week to complete my staff evaluations. So here I sit in colorful leggings and a sweatshirt doing my evals. My wife who is not a fan of the leggings has not said anything, yet.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Working from home too. Flats, hose, black pencil skirt, leopard pattern top...touch of makeup, perfume and earrings. Yes! Time to work, but first things first...as they say.

I had a feeling I wouldn't be the only one doing this! Working from home for a little while, so I'm putting on skirts, tights and heels to work at my desk. I'm sure I'll be dressing more smartly and professionally than many of my colleagues! Shout out to everyone making the best of things.

Unfortunately I have my wife's adult children in my house, so I can't dress. Enjoy.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

The last 10 years of my career I worked from home. I live in the US but I worked with people all over the world. On many occasions I would be on a call trying to sort out a problem and I would think about the situation. The folks on the other end of the call were sitting around a table with their suits and ties and I would be at my desk at home wearing my favorite bra, panties, and slip. I would laugh to myself. Needless to say I always kept a piece of black tape over the camera on my laptop, always. It was really nice to be able to work and still dress the way I am most comfortable.

Reality Check
    I am retired so I always "work from home".
    Krisi

Yup - dress, wig, heels, hose and accessories for me today. The only thing I'm not doing is my makeup.

I'm working from home due to Coronavirus now and it's the first time I'm able to wear skirt and heel while working. I love it! I sadly can't fully dress, because I have to look like a man in front of camera at online meetings we have on a daily basis.

Here how many years? LeeAnnRose's Avatar
    Great thoughts and stories, just remember what you are wearing if you need to stand up! Your camera can catch a full view on a video call. Also remember background reflections!

@LeeAnnRose Thanks for the warning. I'm aware of that. I just hope I won't forget it. I have on my computer everything I need for work and have no need to get up during video call. I also use background blur option for video, so no surprise reflection can be seen and no glass or mirror surfaces are behind my back. A mirror is on a side, but camera doesn't have wide enough angle to see it, even if blur option somehow fail to hide that.

When working at home I usually wear a nightgown and thigh highs. Wife is ok w my dressing but with schools closed I don?t want to confuse our child. So my time is limited right now but that?s ok.