Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Corona killed my dressing time

Corona killed my dressing time

Who else is in DADT situation in life and now the SO is home from work, actually mines a teacher and the rest of the school year just got cancelled. Lindsey May be in the bags in the closet until the end of the summer. I am already suffering withdrawal

Right?

It is always like this. The real victims are never mentioned.
    Last edited by Patience; 03-23-2020 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Another apostrophe catastrophy...
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Banned Read only
    I'm sorry about this, Lindsey. I understand. As I was just saying on SirDonna's thread, the coronavirus can have opposite effects on us. For some, staying home from work may mean unlimited oppotunities to dress. For others like yourself it means the opposite. Meanwhile, any stress caused by worrying about the coronavirus itself may only cause an increased longing to dress! "Hang in there" is the only advice I can offer. Good luck!

I'm in this situation.

Have had my wife go from full time work to occasional freelance work over the last couple years, so opportunities were shrinking anyway, then with this they've almost gone away. Everybody else went out the other day for a couple hours so I got a little time in, but it feels like college again when I maybe once had the opportunity when I wasn't back home on break.

Aspiring Member
    My wife works nights, so my dressing time was mostly at night after the kids had gone to bed, so it hasn't changed much for me.

I'm someone else who's opportunities to dress have been reduced but thankfully not totally stopped as a consequence of the outbreak.

I know it's disheartening but let's focus on the important thing and all stay safe. The pink fog can envelop us all at some time or another but now is not the time. I'm taking strength from knowing this situation will end and with a fair wind to blow the fog away we'll all be here safe and sound and ready to resume business as usual.

I also expect that once all over there's going to be some heavy discounting by the clothing chains eager to start selling again. Well let's face it, for those lucky enough to be dressing every day, you're going to need some new outfits having worn everything to bare threads.

Hi all...same situation...going from dressing and being out about 3-4x's a week.....worst yet, wife is scheduled to retire in May.....ugh

Same for me! Even had one of our kids come home since his college when completely online! No alone time!

Stay strong girls

I feel your pain.....

My daughter is home from college for the rest of the semester.

No more running around the house dressed or exercising in the morning in tights and a leotard.

At least I get to wear my tights anyway as I've been taking ballet lessons for over 10 years and wear tights to class. It's become the new normal in our home.

Oh, for that wondering, yes my wife knows and accepts my dressing.

I am in the opposite situation. Right now I am working from home, calling customers. My wife works for an "essential" company so she is at work, she doesn't matter anyway as she is accepting. Her car is in the shop so I drove her to work then came home. Right now I am wearing pantyhose, heels, my "too big" forms, 40H, a tight short little black dress, and pearls, all while calling on rough, tough contractor types, and a few minutes here in there on the internet. Plus doing a little laundry and other house keeping.

Trust me, there was a time my wife was not accepting. Even a few days of not dressing made me a bit frigidity! Before this COVID-19 I was in a motel 1-2 nights a week. It was my time to get my girl on!
    Last edited by Pumped; 03-24-2020 at 09:56 AM.

Yes in the same boat.

She works on line, does conference calls so at least I know I have these few moments to check in here--thank you girls for being a relief valve. Check Flickr, live vicariously. In the scheme of things this can be overcome a lot easier than the folks dealing with lost wages, or worse yet, ill health. I have gone on some year long stretches where the urge hasn't been there so this is very manageable.

That said, I had just bought some new outfits a few weeks ago. Oh well

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I knew there would be lots of threads like this during this "crisis".
    You will just have to deal with it right no sense in feeling sorry for yourself because its not the end of the world.

Banned Read only
    Sorry girls but maybe we should get this in perspective there is a great deal and suffering and sadly death through the Coronavirus and lets not forget the people on the frontline who don't have a choice to care and help others through it .

I have no problem with stories of dressing in your favourite underwear and outerwear but possibly show a little more consideration and sensitivety when using it for a reason to dress or reasons why you can't .

Glenda was going to have a last fling till this happen. She going out of town to TN. then come home dressed. But with all the rest stops closed and no where to change back to drab I didn't do it. Had everything pack in the car but now I can't get it back in the house with the wife here all day.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    Well Lindsey, suck as that may..... Be thankful that you still have your life, your wife and your family while there are other people suffering and dying from Covid-19. I hope that you and your family won't have to go through that, same with everyone here.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

You hit it, Teresa! I couldn't have said that better myself.
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

Not complying just light hearted look at the current situation we are all in! I haven?t had the first urge for any of this since the country came to a halt @15 days ago. I?m sure most of us haven?t but we enjoy a few minutes on here to take our minds off things for a bit. Kinda like dressing.

Tell me about it... (sarcasm). MY wife is home for the duration. No dressing until she is back at work. Told me not to let her see me that way.

This is going to be tough. I got new shoes and skirts to try on. I also want to work on my hair and makeup more. Geez....

How sad for you. Corona killed my sister-in-law so suck it up buttercup.

I know that this is not the time to lament the lack of CDing opportunities due to the current Covid-19 pandemic ("First World Problems" and all that), and we have far more serious issues to deal with at present. Still, for what it's worth - and I am thinking here of when things get back to normal and the stores re-open - one solution that I have found to get my "fix" is to go shopping and try on outfits in the fitting rooms of department stores and the like using a particular methodology that I have developed recently.

Like many here, my wife retired several years ago, and also being in a DADT situation my crossdressing opportunities diminished rapidly as a consequence. In fact, I can probably count on the big toes of both feet the last time I was able to go out in public en femme within the last year. So what did I do in the absence of both being able to dress up and/or go out shopping in "girl mode" on a regular basis?...I improvised.

I have an "emergency" store shopping bag stashed away at home containing a couple of bras, shapewear, extra panties and pantyhose, as well as two of my favorite pairs of heels. Leaving the house in drab as I now have to do, I generally underdress with panties and pantyhose and head out shopping with my bag of "essentials", which I take into the fitting rooms along with any items of female clothing that I have selected. I then don the rest of my female accessories and let the "personal fashion show" begin.

The system I have developed includes visiting certain department and second hand stores where the fitting rooms are not monitored, and no one cares what you bring into them. My personal favourites for this are the Value Village second hand stores, as well as one particular location of a nation-wide chain of department stores that is perfectly set up for this type of endeavour. It's one of their smaller stores, and both the men's and women's clothing and shoe departments are located on the same (i.e. ground) floor. This store used to have separate men's and women's fitting rooms that were monitored regularly, but since a recent renovation/upgrade they have been combined into a single set of unisex fitting rooms located in th middle of the floor and only steps away from the women's clothing department. Even better, these cubicles are larger than before, far better lit, have lots of hooks on the wall, and plenty of mirrors. A veritable crossdresser's paradise - LOL!.

The last time I was there, I took my sweet time making my clothing selections as the store was largely empty...a pencil skirt, a matching blazer, two matching tops, an LBD, one "special occasion" dress, and two day dresses. I draped all of those items across my arm and confidently strode up to the fitting room area and into the first available cubicle with neither a care nor a disapproving look by any nearby customers or SA's. I spent the better part of 3/4 hour of undisturbed primping and preening time in there trying out various combinations of my selected outfits along with the contents of my "emergency" bag...sheer bliss! And even though I hadn't planned to buy anything at the time due to current budget constraints, one of those dresses called out to me so convincingly that I had no choice but to submit to its siren call and purchases it. So, all in all, a "win" for both the store and myself.

Granted, I am settling for second best here and this type of activity is not my preferred substitute for a full-on crossdressing experience including a wig, makeup, and a trip out into the "wild" en femme, but at least it keeps me from going totally bonkers while I try to keep the balancing act going.

I too am affected. My wife knows about Camille, but doesn't want to see it. Nor do we want our daughter knowing. So my dress up is limited to the occasional hotel day (not an option right now), and the 1x/year she takes her mom and my daughter on a girls trip for 3-4 days. That was due to happen in April, but is now canceled. Sigh... A small problem compared to many others, I know. But still, it makes me sad.

I haven’t worn a scrap of male clothing since this thing started. My work clothes have changed from male attire to skirts and dresses, and makeup every day. I’ve always had the option of working from home, but never took advantage of it. Maybe I’ll make this permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    How sad for you. Corona killed my sister-in-law so suck it up buttercup.
    Sorry Micki. You are correct. My wining is way out of line.

Girls, calm down. Before this is over probably every one of us will have close friends or family pass away. I have a mom, dad and M-I-L that are all up there in age and I wonder if they will be around in another year.

I don't look on this thread as to play lightly on hard ships that others are going through, but just trying to lighten up the situation.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    When I began dressing, I had an unknowing wife and young kids. When I really needed to dress in secret? I did!

In the middle of the nite. In a store room at work. In my car. Underdressed. Even in my storage unit! If u REALLY need to dress badly enuff? U will!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!