Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corona killed my dressing time

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Corona killed my dressing time

Who else is in DADT situation in life and now the SO is home from work, actually mines a teacher and the rest of the school year just got cancelled. Lindsey May be in the bags in the closet until the end of the summer. I am already suffering withdrawal

Right?

It is always like this. The real victims are never mentioned.
    Last edited by Patience; 03-23-2020 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Another apostrophe catastrophy...
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Banned Read only
    I'm sorry about this, Lindsey. I understand. As I was just saying on SirDonna's thread, the coronavirus can have opposite effects on us. For some, staying home from work may mean unlimited oppotunities to dress. For others like yourself it means the opposite. Meanwhile, any stress caused by worrying about the coronavirus itself may only cause an increased longing to dress! "Hang in there" is the only advice I can offer. Good luck!

I'm in this situation.

Have had my wife go from full time work to occasional freelance work over the last couple years, so opportunities were shrinking anyway, then with this they've almost gone away. Everybody else went out the other day for a couple hours so I got a little time in, but it feels like college again when I maybe once had the opportunity when I wasn't back home on break.

The opposite for me. I live alone since recently, have just returned to this and corona has given me the opportunity to do what I like for the next 3 weeks at least. I'm sorry its going to be difficult for you

Well, Duh, drink LaBatt Blue instead

Aspiring Member
    My wife works nights, so my dressing time was mostly at night after the kids had gone to bed, so it hasn't changed much for me.

I'm someone else who's opportunities to dress have been reduced but thankfully not totally stopped as a consequence of the outbreak.

I know it's disheartening but let's focus on the important thing and all stay safe. The pink fog can envelop us all at some time or another but now is not the time. I'm taking strength from knowing this situation will end and with a fair wind to blow the fog away we'll all be here safe and sound and ready to resume business as usual.

I also expect that once all over there's going to be some heavy discounting by the clothing chains eager to start selling again. Well let's face it, for those lucky enough to be dressing every day, you're going to need some new outfits having worn everything to bare threads.

Hi all...same situation...going from dressing and being out about 3-4x's a week.....worst yet, wife is scheduled to retire in May.....ugh

Same for me! Even had one of our kids come home since his college when completely online! No alone time!

Stay strong girls

Micki, I'm very sorry for your loss.

HOWEVER: I think people are forgetting about what this forum is for. It is a site for people to freely express their feelings and opinions. You don't have to like it but so what?

If someone wants to write about the loss of dressing time due to current events than they're welcome to do that. Don't belittle them because YOU don't agree with their opinion. I don't agree with the other threads that are on here. If I'm that upset I can leave! When did it become OK to start belittling people for saying something. Are you promoting censorship of anything that doesn't conform to YOUR standards?

And that's how I feel.

Linda I agree and wondered the same. This sight is for us to share and support each other. If you don?t agree with or like a particular post move past find your interest and partake. This is a supporting community here for our mutual hobby or lifestyle.

I feel your pain.....

My daughter is home from college for the rest of the semester.

No more running around the house dressed or exercising in the morning in tights and a leotard.

At least I get to wear my tights anyway as I've been taking ballet lessons for over 10 years and wear tights to class. It's become the new normal in our home.

Oh, for that wondering, yes my wife knows and accepts my dressing.

I am in the opposite situation. Right now I am working from home, calling customers. My wife works for an "essential" company so she is at work, she doesn't matter anyway as she is accepting. Her car is in the shop so I drove her to work then came home. Right now I am wearing pantyhose, heels, my "too big" forms, 40H, a tight short little black dress, and pearls, all while calling on rough, tough contractor types, and a few minutes here in there on the internet. Plus doing a little laundry and other house keeping.

Trust me, there was a time my wife was not accepting. Even a few days of not dressing made me a bit frigidity! Before this COVID-19 I was in a motel 1-2 nights a week. It was my time to get my girl on!
    Last edited by Pumped; 03-24-2020 at 09:56 AM.

Yes in the same boat.

She works on line, does conference calls so at least I know I have these few moments to check in here--thank you girls for being a relief valve. Check Flickr, live vicariously. In the scheme of things this can be overcome a lot easier than the folks dealing with lost wages, or worse yet, ill health. I have gone on some year long stretches where the urge hasn't been there so this is very manageable.

That said, I had just bought some new outfits a few weeks ago. Oh well

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I knew there would be lots of threads like this during this "crisis".
    You will just have to deal with it right no sense in feeling sorry for yourself because its not the end of the world.

I will survive. Who did that song? Gloria Gaynor?

There's a column out there with some thoughts on this debate:

As a therapist, I always say that there's no hierarchy of pain, pain is pain. Suffering shouldn't be ranked, because pain is not a contest. I believe, too, that there's no hierarchy of grief. When we rank our losses, when we validate some and minimize others, many people are left alone to grieve what then become their silent losses. The thinking often goes: You had a miscarriage, but you didn't lose a baby. You had a breakup, but you didn't lose a spouse. It's hard to talk about these silent losses because we fear that other people will find them insignificant and either dismiss them or expect us to "get over them" relatively quickly.

Right now, in addition to the tragic losses of life and health and jobs are the losses experienced by people of all ages: missed graduations and proms, canceled sports seasons and performances, postponed weddings and vacations, separation from family and friends when we need them most. We have also lost the predictability that we take for granted in daily life: that there will be eggs and toilet paper on supermarket shelves, that we can safely touch a door knob with our bare hands, that we can get a haircut and our teeth cleaned or spend a Saturday afternoon at the movies.

So, yes, there is collective anxiety surrounding Covid-19, but there's also collective loss.
    https://nyti.ms/2J6bv5Y

Banned Read only
    Sorry girls but maybe we should get this in perspective there is a great deal and suffering and sadly death through the Coronavirus and lets not forget the people on the frontline who don't have a choice to care and help others through it .

I have no problem with stories of dressing in your favourite underwear and outerwear but possibly show a little more consideration and sensitivety when using it for a reason to dress or reasons why you can't .

Glenda was going to have a last fling till this happen. She going out of town to TN. then come home dressed. But with all the rest stops closed and no where to change back to drab I didn't do it. Had everything pack in the car but now I can't get it back in the house with the wife here all day.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Sorry Folks but nothing anybody has said about this thread being inappropriate for THEIR reasons hasn't changed my mind.

If that bothers you move on to another thread. This is NOT the place to debate world events. You can do that elsewhere and let the hammer and tongs fly!

Meanwhile Linda has no idea when she'll get to dress again with college daughter home. While I still sleep in my nightgown the bedroom door stays closed and I have to change before coming out. No more lazy morning in nightgown and sweater over a cup of morning joe!

At night I can't just slip a skirt on to relax in for dinner with the wife. I rarely go whole hog with wig and makeup and more present as a MIAD but don't care. I'm not leaving the house.

And that's what I think about it!

Silver Member
    Spend some quality with your wife instead. Be thankful you are not alone in this world. Neither of you will be around forever, cherish the time you have left together. I literally have no one to turn to during these dark times. Count your blessings.

Often Lurking
    Today is my first day since the "shutdown" that I've had a chance to dress up.
    And I've only got another 2 hours lol.

Vickie, Well said. A few of us have no one at all, except pets to converse with .