Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Corona killed my dressing time

Platinum Member
    I retired January 2008. My wife continued to work as a teacher. She fully retired the beginning of this school year. What use to be a summer hiatus only is now zero time. She use to go visit her cousin in Arizona for a week which is now even a no-go. The best I can do now is wearing panties and sleeping in a nylon gown as we sleep apart for medical reasons. She is recovering from a total knee replacement and isn't going anywhere for awhile.

The opposite for me. I live alone since recently, have just returned to this and corona has given me the opportunity to do what I like for the next 3 weeks at least. I'm sorry its going to be difficult for you

Well, Duh, drink LaBatt Blue instead

Me!

Closeted, currently unemployed, and last kid off to university, it was the perfect girl time for me three days a week when my wife was out all morning. I'd get dressed up and lipstick on (see my previous post about my general lack of makeup skills) and spend a few hours applying for work, researching opportunities, etc, before having to put Julia way again for a few days.

Now my wife is home all day, and my kid is home from university, and both my summer trips away (six days each of indulgence dressing) are cancelled due to COVID-19.

My only hope is that the pink fog stays away or weakened for a while.
    Last edited by JuliaGirl; 03-25-2020 at 02:46 PM.
    Closeted for 45 years, so please take any advice I might offer with a massive dose of reality.
    Julia xo

Silver Member
    Micki, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. That's really a family tragic.

How lucky I feel compared to many as I have an accepting wife. Being in a virtual lockdown to avoid virus & with no chance of any visitors I dress fully daily after lunch for remainder of the day. Spend the morning doing chores outside & planning in my head what to wear. Being retired cushions us from what many are experiencing regarding employment loss so I'm very grateful for what I have.

Micki, I am so sorry.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Micki, I'm very sorry for your loss.

HOWEVER: I think people are forgetting about what this forum is for. It is a site for people to freely express their feelings and opinions. You don't have to like it but so what?

If someone wants to write about the loss of dressing time due to current events than they're welcome to do that. Don't belittle them because YOU don't agree with their opinion. I don't agree with the other threads that are on here. If I'm that upset I can leave! When did it become OK to start belittling people for saying something. Are you promoting censorship of anything that doesn't conform to YOUR standards?

And that's how I feel.

Linda I agree and wondered the same. This sight is for us to share and support each other. If you don?t agree with or like a particular post move past find your interest and partake. This is a supporting community here for our mutual hobby or lifestyle.

Suck it up buttercup. It COULD be much worse. You, or your wife, or both of you could be looking at the root side of the lawn. Count your blessings.
    Jon

Oh gee, so sorry that a worldwide pandemic has impacted upon your free time hobby.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

I will survive. Who did that song? Gloria Gaynor?

There's a column out there with some thoughts on this debate:

As a therapist, I always say that there's no hierarchy of pain, pain is pain. Suffering shouldn't be ranked, because pain is not a contest. I believe, too, that there's no hierarchy of grief. When we rank our losses, when we validate some and minimize others, many people are left alone to grieve what then become their silent losses. The thinking often goes: You had a miscarriage, but you didn't lose a baby. You had a breakup, but you didn't lose a spouse. It's hard to talk about these silent losses because we fear that other people will find them insignificant and either dismiss them or expect us to "get over them" relatively quickly.

Right now, in addition to the tragic losses of life and health and jobs are the losses experienced by people of all ages: missed graduations and proms, canceled sports seasons and performances, postponed weddings and vacations, separation from family and friends when we need them most. We have also lost the predictability that we take for granted in daily life: that there will be eggs and toilet paper on supermarket shelves, that we can safely touch a door knob with our bare hands, that we can get a haircut and our teeth cleaned or spend a Saturday afternoon at the movies.

So, yes, there is collective anxiety surrounding Covid-19, but there's also collective loss.
    https://nyti.ms/2J6bv5Y

Well this is an MTF forum here so it makes sense to complain here, or else where would you? So I understand the reasons to start a thread like this one. However I have the greatest reservations about the play of words in the title of this thread and with some allusions to "victims" not being able to dress. I agree that comparing pain to pain isn't pertinent, but being considerate of persons reading these pages and who may have lost a relative or friend to the virus would make a point that us CDers are also listening to the real world.

Sorry Folks but nothing anybody has said about this thread being inappropriate for THEIR reasons hasn't changed my mind.

If that bothers you move on to another thread. This is NOT the place to debate world events. You can do that elsewhere and let the hammer and tongs fly!

Meanwhile Linda has no idea when she'll get to dress again with college daughter home. While I still sleep in my nightgown the bedroom door stays closed and I have to change before coming out. No more lazy morning in nightgown and sweater over a cup of morning joe!

At night I can't just slip a skirt on to relax in for dinner with the wife. I rarely go whole hog with wig and makeup and more present as a MIAD but don't care. I'm not leaving the house.

And that's what I think about it!

Silver Member
    Spend some quality with your wife instead. Be thankful you are not alone in this world. Neither of you will be around forever, cherish the time you have left together. I literally have no one to turn to during these dark times. Count your blessings.

Often Lurking
    Today is my first day since the "shutdown" that I've had a chance to dress up.
    And I've only got another 2 hours lol.

We're not DADT, but neither of us is comfortable with me dressing when we're together. More accurately, I'm not comfortable because I know she's not comfortable even though she will say it's okay. My wife and I are both retired, but she has a pretty regular schedule of classes, appointments, girl dates, etc. so I normally have several hours several days of the week to dress alone and that's fine for me. Now our city is in lockdown, so we're both home pretty much 24/7 and I haven't been able to dress for 2 weeks. Desire has been low so no big deal, but now the urge is increasing, so I don't know if I'll just keep a lid on it, underdress a bit (this morning put on panties/bra/forms and silk chemise under my heavy bathrobe), or just say, I'd like to get dressed, would you mind? I know she'd say okay, but see sentence #2 above.

Vickie, Well said. A few of us have no one at all, except pets to converse with .

IMO, if someone wants to talk of person hardships related to COVID-19 other than unable to dress, start your own thread.

I realize people are having different levels of hardship, but if we dump on everyone's posts about how minor their issues are people will stop posting.

I also don't mean to take anyone's situation lightly.

Also we don't know the mental situation of people. Dressing daily might be keeping them from jumping off the cliff.
    Last edited by Pumped; 03-31-2020 at 10:40 AM.

I am sorry to hear that you can't dress right now. I know the feeling. Tonight I needed to bring Amanda so bad. I have no one so it is not an issue. But I have been in situations where needing to dress but unable too as folks were around.

PS: Nice to see another one of us from RVA 804
    Amanda

I have the same problem my wife works from home no more dressing for a while

I'm saddened to see some of the replies here. Truely. Telling ppl to suck it up, or get over it cause it could be worse is just mean spirited.
    This is a stressful time for all. Dismissing some ones feelings, calling it a "hobby" when they know nothing about them adds nothing except grief and more stress. A lot of ppl have experienced a disruption of their routine. Not necessarily a good thing for ones mental health. Can we not heap diminishing their feelings on to their plates?

Hi Lindsey, Lots of talk otherwise, but just to acknowledge your honest post. Yes! My wife is home 24 X 7 and that means no Brenda time. I hear what you are saying, and not looking deeper. Take care

Quote Originally Posted by Lindseynrva View Post
    Who else is in DADT situation in life and now the SO is home from work, actually mines a teacher and the rest of the school year just got cancelled. Lindsey May be in the bags in the closet until the end of the summer. I am already suffering withdrawal
    I hear you. Sian is locked away in suitcase in attic - good thing she?s used to the dark!
    Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in HEELS!