Thread: Came out to my Aunt

Came out to my Aunt

Hi Ladies,

A few weeks ago I went to visit my elderly Aunt. She had just turned 90 and lives in an adult living facility. Growing up she lived in the upstairs apartment of my parents? house with her sister and my grandmother. We were always very close and she is the last surviving member of my family. We usually have dinner together every few weeks.

During my last my last visit she says ?I been meaning to tell you but I keep forgetting. I noticed you finally stopped biting your nails. Congatulations! They look really nice.? I replied, ?Thank you.? At this point the free edge of my nails was about 3 mm past the tip of my finger and I was wearing clear polish. She then asks what made you stop. I thought to myself, do I make up something or do I come clean. I decided to live dangerously and tell her the truth. I told her that I started to wear women?s clothing and get in touch with my feminine side. The nail biting just stopped. Not seeming all that surprised she said ?you need to be the person who you truly are. Be free to dress however you like. I will never stop loving you.?

I?m looking forward to my next visit with her once things get back to normal.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

what a super aunt !!!!!!!!!

I bet it feels good to let the cat out of the bag to someone. I've thought of every person in my life... I could not see a single one being understanding.

Platinum Member
    I guess by the age of 90 some people have gained a much broader perspective on life. She showed the wisdom of age by expressing her love and support.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Robin, what a treat for you to talk to your aunt about your dressing. I am of the opinion, after much talking to her she would enjoy a visit from Robin dressed. Good luck.

Robin, Good for you, I know that you made the right decision! Congrats and what a wonderful Aunt you have.
    Crissy

Robin i bet that was a big decision you had to make glad it workout well for you!

Robin a wonderful outcome! I had the same when my now girlfriend noticed whilst we were on Skype one day that I had nail polish on and then told her everything, things changed fro there on! i dressed to visit her and go out and then we fell deeply in love, it happens.
    Glad for you that everything worked out fine
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

What a sweet story! I'm glad it went so well for you. Thanks for giving us something to smile about.

Silver Member
    Aunts are great. I came out to my favorite aunt years ago. She accepted me. She and another aunt were models when young. One day when we were alone I got fully dressed at her home. As I walked down the hall she looked at me and said go back and walk to me. When I got close she told me I walked exactly like my mother and then said you are gorgeous woman. You look so pretty. She went on to ask me if I was going to live as a woman. I didn't.
    Last edited by lingerieLiz; 03-24-2020 at 07:06 PM.

That is just great! Thanks for sharing! Keep us updated from time to time! Elbow Bump Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

My aunt had asked me way back in the day if I had used her lipstick. We are talking like 30 years ago.... When I read this I now wonder what if I had just said yes I used it instead of denying it.

Good for you and your Aunt loves you for being true to yourself!
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Robin, good for you. I hope the Covid-19 issues end soon so you can visit her again.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Aunts are great people. It was an aunt who introduced me into the wonderful world of feminism. She bought me my first garter, stockings, bra and panties.

Danielle, WOW, what a wonderful Aunt! Lucky you!
    Crissy

Yes, the "oldsters" can really surprise us sometimes and are often far more savvy, accepting, and "with it" than we give them credit for.

I distinctly remember a segment on "I Am Cait" that aired shortly after Caitlyn Jenner fully transitioned, and which dealt specifically with her coming out to her family as a transsexual. All admitted that it took some adjustment on their part, but overall were fine with it. Her 90-something mother was especially accepting and took it in stride, expressing much the same sentiments that your aunt did. I guess there is some truth to the old adage that a mother's love is both constant and forever, no matter what their offspring might be up to.

Your aunt is a sweet person.

sounds like a great lady.
    I'm of the opinion that as we get older, most of us tend to relax about what life means.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

So loving...if only everyone would be so nonjudgmental, the world would truly be a better place. Good for you!

Platinum Member
    It is obvious your aunt has acquired great wisdom over the years and truly understands what is important in life.

WOW! That is absolutely wonderful and what a terrific person, Robin. Good for you!