Thread: Memories of putting on Easter Dresses when I was young

Memories of putting on Easter Dresses when I was young

Its that time of year again ! So fun to remember my sisters getting Easter dresses and as they got older complaining about having to wear them !

LOL I couldn't wait for my chance to slip into them and swish about !

It was so easy back then, add a cute headband and I actually looked like a girl ! My sisters would have gotten such a thrill but I was way too scared to show them. My mom was the sort that would make me dress as agirl for a day to teach me a lesson

Do others have fond memories of this time of year ?

I wish i had some sisters around my age! I would be living the dream then! I do remember all the pretty dresses the girls got to wear! I was so jealous!

Between the age of 8 to about 15 there was a large guest room in our house and my mother saved all the her and my two sisters old clothes.
    Dresses, lingerie, bras, girdles, etc.

I couldn't wait to get home from school , I would spend hours getting dressed up! Wow, so bad!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

No, but I probably would have worn them if there were available.

I am like Kay and wish I had a sister or sisters that maybe they would have shared dresses with me. I had one aunt that was always dressed to the nines and on Easter she was absolutely gorgeous with all her petticoats and frills. I always wanted to look like her.

Silver Member
    One younger and i older sister. I loved their Easter dresses so much, I told my mom i wanted to be a girl. "You are a boy and always will be a boy, so don't say those things." I didn't, but wore their clothing (hamper) whenever I could. I really wanted to be a girl and wear such pretty things. Nothing has changed.

After I got married this was a yearly occasion. I can't think of a year I didn't until my current wife who is just to small. I tried to make it into my MIL's too most Easters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Robbie, I have four sisters, so yess I always loved their dresses. Sadly I never slipped into any of them.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

There is no better sound than the swish of a beautiful Easter dress.

That was a very difficult time for me.
    I dreamed of wearing some of those pretty Easter dresses with the crinoline beneath the skirt, the little white gloves and ankle socks with the patent leather shoes and little purses.
    A bow in my hair and it would have been complete and the answer to my dream. How I envied those little girls.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Platinum Member
    I was not afflicted with any desire to wear girl clothing as a young boy. My sister was born when I was twelve. I did slip into my mother nylon slips and nightgown on occasion because I loved the feel of nylon. I did not have any desire at that time to emulate a female nor did I ever have the desire to be a female. Maybe all of you with early desires and opportunity were suffering from "early onset cross dressing."

Aspiring Member
    Yes, I have several Easter spring dresses. I love this time of year when I can wear them and celebrate.

My best experience with a SA involved Easter dress shopping. I was at Macy?s downtown Philadelphia looking for an Easter dress. There were few in the store that year. After searching awhile, I asked a nearby SA for help. She found one that might have passed for an Easter dress among those who do not pay attention but that was it. She called in the Macy?s Professional Shopper, a forty something strikingly beautiful woman. I explained what I wanted. She quickly found three nice dresses. She accessorized them with matching bolero cardigan sweaters. I chose the prettiest outfit. She added a camisole and shoes for a great outfit. Then she took me to her office to pay, giving me nice discounts. The outfit was still costly but it worth the money. I still have the outfit. I am no longer afraid to shop with a professional store shopper.

On another occasion, I bought my most beautiful dress at a downtown Macy?s in San Antonio. It was a gorgeous dress with a black/white/pink sketched print that expressed springtime in Paris. It had a soft pink sweater with it and a matching pink belt. For Easter, I wore my white heels. When I went back to the hotel, the bellman saw the dress in its Macy?s bag and said, ?Somebody is going to look real pretty!? Somebody did!

I would have loved to have had that opportunity, this makes me smile just thinking about it.
    Crissy

It's interesting. I have always wished I had a sister - not so that I could 'borrow' her clothes (though I expect I would have) but because I would just love to have had a sister.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I have a sister. Not only did she not ever care about dressing pretty or fem?
    Since I didn't begin dressing until age 50 I wouldn't have noticed or cared what she was wearing!

But, when I DID begin dressing, I tried to make up for what I missed at Easter. What Robbie and many of u others girls enjoyed or suffered thu!

69617.jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

My sisters all died at or shortly after birth! Had to go with mom's clothes! Never envied the girls but wore the new suit! Sherry, that is a very nice outfit! Just my$0.02! Elbow Bump Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    I didn't start till I was 12-13. My sister is 2 years younger than me------I never DID find "little Girls" attractive or their 1950s-60s clothing. (Them having No Boobs, Heels or makeup) Older teens and adult women is what turned ME on. Even at an early age.

No sisters so all I had was the Sears catalog, and I always loved the Spring printing. We weren't religous at all, so Easter was just a long weekend for us. Not much direct contact with dressing for the holiday.

I still enjoy all of the seasonal changes. I long with anticipation for spring florals, (not so much summer), but fall sweaters and boots, holiday cheer, and new years formals.

Yes, sigh, a pretty new spring floral dress with some gladiator heels and a new above the shoulder wig would be fun!

Kathleen.

Aspiring Member
    My three sisters are quite a mixed bag, great and maddening at the same time. My Mum, still here nearing age ninety, has 29 female descendants. I have 22 female first cousins. I grew up with and live close to all of these women. We were the poor side of the family so my sisters wore last year?s outfits that our cousins gave us. I raided the used clothes bin fairly often. Even so, I wore out the spring catalogs looking at what would be in the bin in a couple years. All these women many years later still love their finery. My Facebook this time of year looks like a NYC Easter parade. I am a quick and thorough study: my own wardrobe could now hold its own with any of them if given a chance.

I never had sisters, but I had older cousins who were very fashion conscious. As far as Easter dresses go, I never really thought of them that way even though we were a church going family. I do have a spring dress that is my all time favorite. It is an off white dusty rose print in a silky crinkled rayon. I wore it so much that it is beginning to get a little threadbare. I still can't bear to give it up, so I limit myself to wearing it once a year. It is its own springtime special occasion.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Silver Member
    Nice and PRETTY, Sherry!