Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I like to dress but I'm not completely happy with my look, because-----

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferR771 View Post
    Well...you can always reduce wrinkles with face tape.
    Face tape? Maybe duct tape might help and cover my whole head!

Stephanie47, Thank you for all the hard service in horrible combat you went through in Nam. I am a vet, just after Nam, but never saw war. I am going on 66, but in pretty good shape physically, like ten yrs younger, but have been single all my life and no SO or wife, and i suffer mental and emotional disorders from mentally sick parents and toxic siblings, and heredity. Because of religion, and other issues, i still suffer guilt and shame for my proclivity to wear certain womens clothing and pretending to be one when dressed.

hello,
    I have a simple solution - I never look in the mirror (except my little mirror to do my make-up) !
    luv J

I'm approaching 70 and my wrinkles show it but my worst feature has always been my love handles. I wish I could figure out a way to lower them about 8" and then they would be a nice ass-et. Even when I was 40# lighter, walking a lot and exercising them they still stood out. But it is what it is, I'm just happy that I have come to terms with the feminine part of me.

I always wanted to do bangs but I don't have enough left to do that with my own hair. Could be a lot worse though, as my long hair is still quite feminine for anyone in their 50s.

Marion
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 03-27-2020 at 12:22 PM.

Silver Member
    What GrechenM said. That's my approach to my 85 yo face and features.

At 72 I would just go out. No one really looks at your face if you dress nice.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Silver Member
    I'm big, even for a man, bald and over 50. So I will never be called beautiful. HOWEVER, I have been given extremely good tutoring on how to put together an outfit that works with my shape to make me presentable and age appropriate. I now believe that a dress or a skirt outfit is absolutely my best look. And, inwardly, I feel 10x better than I look. To prove it, I have been told on several occasions that I do look beautiful, by random women who are not trying to sell me anything.

So, despite my lack of natural female physical attributes, I am happy with how I look while dressed. Of course, I would be even happier to look more like plus size model Ashley Graham, but I'll own what I have and hold my head high.

Sherry,

I think that makes you like every other 70 year old woman in the world... None of us are happy with our aging faces...

R

I would be lovely to be younger and prettier, but reality is what it is. If it was that important to me I'd work harder.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinsinclair View Post
    Sherry,
    I think that makes you like every other 70 year old woman in the world... None of us are happy with our aging faces...
    R
    Quote Originally Posted by April Rose View Post
    I would be lovely to be younger and prettier, but reality is what it is. If it was that important to me I'd work harder.
    But, what makes me unlike every other 70 y/o old woman, Robin, is what April said! I refuse to settle for what nature gave me. I use every trick in the book and I'm willing to work very hard to appear young and pretty!
    P1340687 (636x640).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Who's the hottie?^
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Silver Member
    But, you ARE young at heart, Sherry!

That's me, Ressie. Trying to dress Sherry's age. She's about 24 now. I'm 76.

And, that's what Jenny was referring to!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Hey Hottie....If you are confident and you love yourself and your dressing then nothing else matters

Hi Sherry,

Your young at heart and that's all that matters.

I certainly love to dress. I hate that every time I take one step forward it's always followed by two steps back.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Sherry, I know what you mean. I am about 10 years younger, but hate the aging process. I especially hate that I am getting droopy hooded eyelids. I actually went to see a doctor about a face lift but at 10k, it was just too much for me.

On the good side , your methods are obviously very effective. You had previously talked about being addicted to hanging out with young women. I can relate so much to that. It is so fun being one of the girls. If your methods work, go with it. Of course all that socializing is shut down now. Maybe we can get back to normalcy someday if we all survive this pandemic.

Sandi

I can definitely see the change over the past few years, especially in the face. At 65 i've managed to keep my shape but the face does take more work. To be fair the same thing happens to GG's so we are not alone. As for the aging process, i'll take that rather than the alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    Hey Hottie....If you are confident and you love yourself and your dressing then nothing else matters
    What a great mantra, Manna! I aspire to do/be that!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandi Beech View Post
    Sherry, I know what you mean. I am about 10 years younger, but hate the aging process. I especially hate that I am getting droopy hooded eyelids. I actually went to see a doctor about a face lift but at 10k, it was just too much for me.

On the good side , your methods are obviously very effective. You had previously talked about being addicted to hanging out with young women. I can relate so much to that. It is so fun being one of the girls. If your methods work, go with it. Of course all that socializing is shut down now. Maybe we can get back to normalcy someday if we all survive this pandemic.
    Sandi
    I looked into cosmetic surgery, too, Sandi. But, decided the operations would be like lipstick on a pig. And, not worth the hassle and down time healing would take, in my case!

For me it would probably be my broad shoulders which can never be changed, and my voice which is still a very rough work in progress!

Facial bone structure is also a fair give away but I am slowly getting better at contouring in that respect