Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I like to dress but I'm not completely happy with my look, because-----

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Exclamation I like to dress but I'm not completely happy with my look, because-----

----I began dressing at age 50+. My legs and figure looked young back then and I'm even slimmer now. But, I HATE seeing a 70+ year old man's face on my attractive, young woman's body!

Now, u!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I am fat and unfortunately medical problems prevent me from losing too much weight. But big gurls can dress to pass also!!!!

Yea and at 70 you'll really hate the difference between the body all dressed up and the face. I have also been trying to apply makeup cleverly enough to minimize the look of my 70 some years.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

Gold Member
    I am in a similar boat. I am over 70, over weight, and have mobility problems. a trifecta I guess.
    But I still dress around the house, and love every minuet of it. And with the Lock down, more dressing time.
    Rader

Yep a few pounds off would be good. As for age, I know many women over 70 who remain fit, well and can still go out socially and look attractive.

So in my mid sixties there's hope for me yet.

Doc, Don't we all. I hate my fat face, but I'm attempting to loose weight so that it looks a little better.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

To me the solution is to not try and look like a young woman, but rather to look like one of the very attractive older women that are out there. Look around. There are some real beauties out there.

… rather to look like one of the very attractive older women that are out there.
    Like Joan Rivers?
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

Age and wrinkles are unpleasant realities even for those that don't cross dress. When I was young I had the face, long hair and body but I didn't have any clothes!

I hate my fat face
    I came to that conclusion last year and managed to lose 20 pounds but I need to lose a little more. I also got tired of my fat belly!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Welcome to the Club. Getting old sucks and it doesn?t get better, but it sure beats the alternative.

As long as I look female I’m happy. Even if it’s ugly female.

60 years old, slightly over weight, beard and mustache. I can get the neck down to look pretty good. The neck up is beyond help!

Quote Originally Posted by RADER View Post
    But I still dress around the house, and love every minuet of it.
    I prefer a nice waltz, myself...
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon

For me, it’s my belly. I need to lose a few pounds to fit into some of my cuter outfits. But I think by far my biggest issue is my facial and body hair. If I don’t shave head to toe every single day, I don’t feel comfortable.

I had foot surgery a few years ago and can no longer wear the heels I love so much.
    Just wish I could slip into a nice pair of 4" stilettos again and show off my long legs.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Platinum Member
    I'm 72. I don't hate my male body. I've gained a few pounds since my ideal military weight. The additional weight has been distributed evenly. My legs do have spider veins, but, nothing like varicose veins I've seen on others. Hosiery covers that up. My skin tone is nothing like in my youth. It's an odd situation as far as my arms go. I was caught in an explosion which engulfed my exposed skin. It wasn't too bad until later in life. The scar tissue does not tan so my skin has a mottled look now. The forearm hair hides its ugliness. The same happen with my face.

I just face this aging process with the thought I made it to 72. There is no guarantee for anyone else in my family making it to that age, is there? If my genetic code prevails and COVID-19 does not get me I should check out somewhere between 83 and 103. I should really have an aged grandma look then. Then, if I have some stubble above the lip I'll fit in with a lot of other aging GG's.

Yes, getting old may "suck" but what's the alternative.

Mentally I do not feel like an aged older woman. I sort of throw myself into the middle age category....pretty knee length dress and moderate high heels.

Well...you can always reduce wrinkles with face tape.
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=face+tape

You can start with a couple rubber bands and Scotch tape. Just to learn.

And be sure to take advantage of the principle of distraction. Really beautiful hair helps to hide an aging face. Likewise a really great dress. And maybe really big earrings. Outrageous heels?

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaD View Post
    As long as I look female I?m happy. Even if it?s ugly female.
    I really have to go with Cynthia here. I have never been much for mirrors and photos. My pictures here are intended simply to prove I exist. But day in day out, I just want to express what I feel...not so I feel pretty.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I like to dress but I'm not completely happy with my look, because ...

As a closeted dresser I have little time to watch and then apply lessons I glimpse about getting makeup right. I can't spend time watching videos let alone practicing because my SO could appear in my computer area at any time unannounced. I am getting better very very slowly, I am at least past clown face now, but the delicate intricacies of well done makeup elude me to this day.
    Closeted for 45 years, so please take any advice I might offer with a massive dose of reality.
    Julia xo

Banned Read only
    Sherry ,
    Personally it's why I can't do the MIAD thing . I see myself shaving but I don't really look until I've applied my makeup and then my hair (Wig) , then it all comes together , I'm happy and ready for the day .

I truthfully don't dwell on my age as Teresa because I'm playing catch up now and I don't know how long this window will be open to me , OK as far as the coronavirus is concerned I'm well into the high risk group , I guess it's more important if I can stay safe and well .
    Last edited by Teresa; 03-25-2020 at 03:01 PM.

Everything. Just everything. I'm a newbie who's been doing this many years and knows nothing. Spending a lot of time on google and youtube right now.

I'd have to recite my list of "too's"

Too tall
    Too heavy
    Too big adam's apple
    Too big hands
    Too masculine looking face.
    Too little up top
    Too much down below
    Too much need for "camouflage".
    etc.
    etc.
    etc.

I can't say that I'm EVER satisfied with my results. I'm always too busy looking for (and finding) what's wrong, and not enjoying what I got right.
    <sigh>

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by GretchenM View Post
    To me the solution is to not try and look like a young woman, but rather to look like one of the very attractive older women that are out there. Look around. There are some real beauties out there.
    Yep, that's my thought. I try to dress and act like the sister I never had, who would probably be just a couple years older or younger than me.
    Krisi

Quote Originally Posted by GretchenM View Post
    And Gretchen you are succeeding admirably!!

Cheryl, A great pair of long legs, look good in low heels or flats, too, but high heels make em look even longer and shaplier. Mine are long too.