Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did your dressing increase after a divorce or relationship change.

Wow what a story thank you for sharing, not many here mention having a BF, but I have felt the need to be desired and love as a woman, it is something I hope to have someday, hugs Paula

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Wow you give me Hope!

This is what would happen to me! The flood gates would open and no holding back

Yes, I started buying clothes at thrift shops after my divorce, but I was only married for 4 years. When I first met the wife I purged the few items I had. Now, 15 years later my closets and drawers are overflowing!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Not after the divorce. it was after my son moved out and I was by myself. First time out of the house dress was Common First. Halloween. I did a fun photo shoot after that. Now I am getting my house ready to sell, and the movers have packed up 99% of what i would wear, and makeup etc. So kind of going a little stir crazy to dress.

COVID 19 has stopped my Waxing appointment for the near term. Don't want to shave, as it has too many issues.

After my wife passed away I started dressing more. Started going out with a ex girlfriend who knew of my dressing. But when she got mad at me she would cut up my cloths. After she left I started dressing full time till I remarried. I told I CD and she didn't say anything till after we were married she doesn't like it. Now I wish I didn't get married.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Definitely did. My ex did not know about the dressing so that was not the cause. After she left I was alone half the time so the dressing increased exponentially. At 65 I would love to go full time but my present wife, who knows, wouldn't go for that. Plus my kids would have a real problem. But i'm happy with the time I get now. Sometimes you have to understand it's always not all about you.

Chicken and egg problem. If I dressed more, I might end up divorced. Then I would dress more, for sure!

Mine increased for a while. About a month after we seperated, she showed up at my door, I was dressed. I almost didn't answer the door, then it occured to me, she barged in on me. So open the door went. Turned out it was about the shortest visit I ever had with her. (I was good with that!) There really isn't any venue in my town to go dressed to, so I just restricted my dressing while at home.

I tapered off for a while, there's other things to do. I tend to waffle. Sometimes I do a lot. Other times, I let it slide. I'm not shopping for another girlfriend. My life works better without without one.
    I don't dress up because I want to be a woman, I dress up to make me happy.

Mine increased exponentially, after my wife passed away.

The short answer is yes although after the loss of everything permanently, including my children, and having to return to my parents for a couple of years, alcohol was my main crutch. Nevertheless, I have certainly since then, 12 years ago, gradually bought a few clothes to the point that I have now been out in public a few times. But I feel my dressing up is something completely different. Most of my life, I've tended to get really interested in certain things and then pursued them. As a boy it was building model aircraft, then it was building a real aircraft, then it was making my family as extraordinary as possible (sadly failed), then somehow cross dressing. And now I'm concentrating on broadening my electronics skills with the aim of developing an idea I have into a business proposition. There is also an ever recurring theme of how I will I get to my children against the wishes of my ex. I have a big plan there too. So I haven't had too much urge to dress up at all lately because my mind is otherwise preoccupied. Moreover, I am certain that it will never progress beyond wanting to look and feel sexy. It's high heels or nothing for me, I'm afraid.

Banned Read only
    The answer is Yes for me too. I Lost my wife to cancer after a long and happy marriage, and she had been supportive of me as Marianne. Soon after she died I was in skirts, blouses and dresses every day. I bought a bunch of new clothes and jewelry as well. I also enjoyed wearing my wife?s panties; still do for that matter. It was partly a matter of having more time to dress--and more "alone time" to fill, come to that--but it was also a form of comfort and compensation for losing my wife. True, this rush of dressing did taper off after a while, but I still do dress more these days than I used to when my wife was with me.

After my divorce, I took some time off to heal but also dressing more regularly. My ex wife was originally DADT but became intolerant to crossdressing over time. When I started to go out again, I did get a lot of male attention and wondered if I was bisexual. After a few male encounters.. which I did enjoy, I met a bisexual girl on a dating app and dated her for quite a while. Very early on, I told her about my crossdressing and she asked to see a pic of me dressed up. Nervously I complied. She smiled, pulled out her cellphone and showed me pictures of herself in stockings and garters. Needless to say we proceeded to a have male/female relationship as well as a female/female relationship.

My amazing current wife knows these stories and all of my history since we have always been 100% truthful and faithful with each other and are going on 10 years strong now.

So to answer your question Paula, I did dress more after my divorce. Dressing did cause my divorce. Currently happily married and can dress when I want. So glad I didn’t stay in that marriage since it didn’t allow me to be true to myself. Haven’t been happier.

Oh yea. I'm separated from my wife, but an out of town work stint started my CDing again. We sep about a year after I came back for a variety of reasons. She doesn't know about the crossdressing.

Since being separated I've been practicing makeup and buying clothes. I've been on a few outings too. This was gonna be a big year for me too. Was.

I've thought of telling her but she reveals too much personal information to her family and friends (part of the reason for our breakup). Also, her grown almost 30 yr old son (my stepson) is still in the house. He has no life.

So yes!

You look great!
    I love to dress and know If I had the chance I would dress quite a lot more.
    This addiction if tuff to get rid of!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Paula_56 View Post
    The only thing holding me back, is my wife's un-acceptance. I really do desire to live as a woman and probably transition but at 61 have decided not to because of how it would affect so many others.

But if i was living alone I believe I would just start dressing more and more and eventually being living as a woman.

Just curious what so of your experiences may have been?
    Disappointing other people became a thing I could eventually shrug off. Disappointing myself was eating away at me from the inside.

I can't tell you what to do, but I am cheering for you to choose you. I wish you the best.

/edit/ if it helps any to know, you make a very pretty woman.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
    Oscar Wilde

Banned Read only
    I think yes because you start giving more time to you.

You're luck that you got out of a dysfunctional marriage. Many of us didn't have your courage to say NO. I envy your experiences, I too would like to have an encounter with a man and probably would enjoy it however like you still like girls too

Thanks I know you are right

Aspiring Member Michelle Crossfire's Avatar
    Yes it did. I divorced my first wife, she was absolutely horrible. Marriage was a freaking disaster, and that is putting it mildly. Married my 2nd wife, a complete 180 degree opposite of the 1st hag. Current wife is more understanding and helpful. Nothing like this would have ever happened with the first hag.
    [B][I]Call me Michelle: doll: