Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Relationship with your wife or girlfriend

Aspiring Member
    DADT: Divide Assets, Divorce Trans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dressing up View Post
    She also got me into higher end makeup like MAC, there is a reason it costs more than the drug store makeup.
    Halleloo Sister! I?ve been preaching the Gospel of Prestige Brand around these parts forever.

How beneficial a GG is to dressing depends entirely on the GG. A lot of GGs really don?t honestly know that much about fashion or makeup or hair or etiquette or any of those things we consider ?girly?. Others may have some knowledge but are uncomfortable teaching someone else, or really only know enough to get themselves by. Don?t expect every woman to be a font of knowledge of all things womanly.

My dressing is better because of my wife as she has allowed me to dress all these years. She has known, tried to buy things for me over the years, and never complains about when Maria has a new pair of shoes or dress in the closet. She finally found a place and pushed me out the door, I went to sponsored parties monthly, and she even came with me this past December, and met some of the girls and couples that attend! She definitely enhances but I am so much more girly girl than her, and she calls me her wife now!

As I’ve said many times before, my wife is amazingly supportive. But it isn’t always easy and as an example, there are times when I over-shop and get fixated on a new look and spend a lot of money trying to create my version of that look. Or another sensitive area is where I actually put all my girly stuff. I can put my woman’s wardrobe in our walk in closet, which is great. I can also put my make up in our master bathroom too. But she has repeatedly said that she doesn’t mind that I buy new things but would like me to donate something I’m not wearing to make room for the new stuff. Very reasonable requests that I sometimes honestly struggle with.

But the best thing about my wife is when we go out, how proud she is to be with me. She is so affectionate in public and will always introduce me as her “wife” to new people that we meet out. In return, she appreciates my feminine side and always says that I’m the best listener of all the men she’s ever known. I am so proud of our relationship.
    Last edited by Lux; 04-02-2020 at 03:14 AM.

Platinum Member
    In reading of all your encouraging, understanding, supportive and participative SOs, all I can conclude is that the failing is on me...that if I?d been better in any number of ways, perhaps she might have been more supportive in return. Kinda sucks, but I guess I dealt my own cards.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

My question to the forum is how do you feel your experience crossdressing is better because of your significant other?
    She has purchased clothing for me. We have gone out together on walks. Depending on my outfits, quality time together....
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

My wife is tolerant but not completely accepting. I still get the occasional comment, never snide or sarcastic, but slightly critical. Afterward she tries to be especially nice, though. I?m not complaining. I?ll take whatever I can get.

My wife has been very accepting, to the point of every so often telling me we need a dress up day. She still isn't real fired up about "the boobs" but has gotten comfortable with me wearing them. Last night I walked out of the bedroom in a black long sleeve bodycon dress. Short and tight. Her first comment was "cute!", with a big smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumped View Post
    My wife has been very accepting, to the point of every so often telling me we need a dress up day. She still isn't real fired up about "the boobs" but has gotten comfortable with me wearing them. Last night I walked out of the bedroom in a black long sleeve bodycon dress. Short and tight. Her first comment was "cute!", with a big smile.
    I wish I could say that. Baby steps..... We are in DADT stage. I am not pushing anything with her. She knows how I feel and she is still very uncomfortable about the idea of me dressing. This virus thing and her working from home is giving me the pink fog in my dreams.

I don't know if it will make any difference in your case, but I told my wife i would rather have her involved than dress when she is not around. It seemed to make a big difference to her, plus when I buy something new I try to model it for her and I ask her for her opinion.

She knows you dress, perhaps ask for a time when you can. Communication goes a long way.

My wife swings from tolerant to accepting.

I know more about makeup than she does so I don't get any help from that end.

She'll rarely buy Linda anything, in fact I can't remember the last time she did. It was months ago and a bottle of nail polish, I think.

I am very conscious of going overboard while she's around. This was a huge complaint she had several years ago, right after I retired. I was dressing in some form every day and she finally exploded.

I've been very hesitant around her ever since.

Although I've told her repeatedly to let me know if I'm dressing too much, she replies that she doesn't know the limit until it's reached and/or exceeded. That ain't a lot of help for me!

Bottom line, I take what I can get and am thankful for that.

I think that I would like to make a bored (not board) game like Chutes and Ladders (TM) to demonstrate the progression and regression of SO's acceptance.

Roll the dice. Get a "3". Oh, oh. Your MIL saw you dressed while shopping in Ross.

I just slid down the chute. That means she doesn't want to see me dressed anymore.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Steffi I LOVE IT!!!

That's as good as reason as any for why my wife's feelings towards my dressing oscillates back and forth.

What name would you want to give it?

IDK. How about:

Now you see me; now you don't

As the Gurl Turns
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Aspiring Member
    My wife claims only 1 in 6 women accept their trans partners. And she was emphatic to point out that SHE is not one of them. So we're heading to separation once this coronavirus nonsense ends.

My DW of almost fifty years travels from tolerating to accepting of my Cding. Even though she doesn't purchase anything for me she'll tell me when she sees sales I may like. She has one big rule, that is I don't leave the house while in fem attire.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeanTG View Post
    My wife claims only 1 in 6 women accept their trans partners. And she was emphatic to point out that SHE is not one of them. So we're heading to separation once this coronavirus nonsense ends.
    1 in 6 is probably high.

wow.... you have my dream relationship.... congrats

Quote Originally Posted by bridget thronton View Post
    Not having to dress in secret is big stress reliever and ensures I am stil! trusted - shopping together and dining out dressed are bonuses. An occasional compliment on an outfit is nice too.
    wow.... you have my dream relationship.... congrats

The main enhancement since I told her I'm a crossdresser is that I am more relax and our relationship is better.
    From a more practical point of view:
    - she learns me how to shape my eyebrows and buy eyebrows pencil for each of us when she buy one from herself
    - she gives me advice even if sometimes we don't agree (she always saying that my lipstick color is to discreet, she says I have great lips ). She sometimes ask me my opinion on fashion if she is about to buy some new stuff.
    - she show me great on line store for making good deals and always warns me if there are offers for one of my favorite brand. I do the same for her and sometimes buys a present for her on this websites if I saw something I know she would like.
    - I can borrow some of her stuff (jewelry, makeup, perfume) and she can takes some of fine (generally if she likes one my stuff I offer it to her since she will use it far more than me,if I need it when I crossdress I borrow it)
    - once I told her I like jonc bracelet but it is difficult to find some at my size and so she bought me one as present.

It's, in a way, a win-win situation
    Last edited by Karine; 04-08-2020 at 12:49 PM.
    Boys who dress as girls have more fun.

I posted earlier that after decades of support my wife became non supportive.
    The other day she was making me a special breakfast. She told me she noticed that I was down and thought it was because we are coming close to our daughters birthday. She passed away and her birthday and date of death are difficult. I told her it was because of not being able to dress anymore in front of her. We had a talk and she told me she does not have a problem with my dressing, She did say that I may have been mis-understanding what she was saying as I sometimes become sensitive about the crossdressing issue.
    So last Wednesday I completely shaved, attached my forms, did my nails, makeup and dressed and have been dressing since. She told me that she does not care if I dress until the beaches open back up. I told her I am up for that.
    Today I am breaking in my new long line bra and Rago girdle. Tonight I will be taking off my finger nail polish and applying false fingernails. In for the duration.

My significant other has been hugely supportive which has helped me better understand my desire for crossdressing. She painted my nails last week and was supportive when I bought my first panties in front of her. I dress because I like that feminine side of me, but with her I am understanding it doesn't have to come all out at once. I'm happy with painted nails and wearing lavender pajamas because in that moment I don't have to hide that I feel cute wearing those things and only those things. She's honestly been an amazing part of my journey and self discovery

Banned Read only
    Crobeson,
    Being TG finally ended my marriage after 45 years so the sitaution is 100% better because we are separated .