Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is The Washing Line A Giveaway?

Silver Member
    Years ago I washed a bunch of clothes at my Aunts most was lingerie. I had a lot and she laughed that the neighbor lady would be jealous. I did use laundromats sometimes and found women were somewhat curious when a guy comes in and washes mostly all women's clothes. One helped me fold clothes and talked clothes with me.

As for hanging clothes out if you live in a high humidity area your clothes smell of chlorophyll which isn't great. We do have a wash room where we can hang stuff. We also have drying racks.

My wife washes our panties and hangs them on the line in our backyard. We are one size apart, I’m smaller, but should a panty thief show up mine would go first as they are much prettier.
    Crissy

We hang all of our washing outside on a rotary line. Don't have a dryer, apart from the environmental reasons they are just too darned expensive to run. The line is in a corner of the garden that can only be seen from inside the perimeter fence, so if any neighbour were to comment, I would want to know why they had entered my property.
    One other observation. If I was being told by a residents group, or by local by laws how or where I could place my washing to dry, I would be moving house asap.

I hang dry like a 1/3 of my clothes but in my home office (less wear and tear and skirts are not clingy). So if they can see my home office they already a dead giveaway (pink walls, and open closet full of colorful skirts and the boring stuff more out of sight). Can't think of a single clothesline around here except my neighbor who only uses theirs for large things like blanket and sheets. And my grandma had one 20 years ago.

But I agree with those saying the male just uses the dryer thoughts. Granted I never hang dry any of my male clothes since I care for them less and they can take the beating of the dryer better.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    OMG! Talk about a blast from the past? I haven't seen laundry out or a clothes line in SoCal for about 40 years!
    One's approximate age can be determined by things they do remember. My grandmothers, both in the Bronx, always hanged the laundry to dry on a clothesline which ran from a first floor window above the daylight basement level to a utility pole in the backyard. Everyone did that. Before my wife and I bought our house the owner of the apartment complex we lived in told the manager to tell my wife not to dry clothes outside on a drying rack. He said he did not want the place to look like a "tenement."

Come to think of it, if a wife hangs some sexy lingerie on a clothesline, she may lose some friends in the neighborhood. Their husband's may begin to fantasize about what they may be missing!

Hello Vicky,
    my conclusion would be - Real Men never change their clothes, they like their clothes to smell manly!
    luv J

Hiya Jacques

You may well have hit the nail on the head. X

Reality Check
    In my neighborhood, clotheslines, poles, etc. are not allowed. Covenants. Pretty common in newer neighborhoods.

I suspect very few people ride around checking clothes hanging out and counting the male vs. female clothes.
    Krisi

I really miss the old days when it was normal to see a clothesline full of lovely lingerie. What a lovely sight it was.
    After searching my lingerie drawers, I have come to the conclusion that they lied. Ruffles don't have ridges. At least mine don't.

Around our home the bigger give away is the presence of two vastly different sized wardrobes.

Heather loves heels Heather2die4's Avatar
    My house backs up to a multistory unit and the clothesline in my back yard is also in full view of them and my neighbors to the west. First I didn't hang my feminine attire out to dry, then I did but on the inner line (less visible) and I removed it quickly. I came out to my neighbors last year and now, I regularly hang everything while cross-dressed. I also walk to and from the car in full view of the whole block. Feels so good to be free.

an even bigger giveaway about the feminine items on the washing line would be to go out and hang the washing on the line while fully dressed as the housewife.

For me, I dry mine on a cloth rack inside. some in the dryer at low temperature.

Rayleen
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

Pleasant memories...

panties on clothesline.jpg