Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is The Washing Line A Giveaway?

Is The Washing Line A Giveaway?

Just put a washing (laundry) on this morning there are two people living in this house, myself and my wife. Suddenly just dawned on me that the neighbours know this so when they see the washing hanging out on the the line they must notice the lack of male attire as 95% of the washing is female underwear and clothing.

Just a thought....lol X

I think you're reading too much into this.

My experience is people don't notice things like that.

Whenever I have "assumed" somebody knew I was a crossdresser, I WAS WRONG!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have a dryer. I don't know anyone that hangs laundry on a line anymore.

We have a dryer too, but have a drying rack in the laundry room and a small fan to move air. Much of our more delicate clothing never sees the dryer.

Linda is right. People's heads are a hive of their own bees.

Tracii There is a actually a "right to dry" controversy between people who hang their laundry outdoors for economic and ecological reasons, and homeowners associations and others who promote town by-laws against it for aesthetic, and property value reasons. It has come up several times at town meeting in my town. I don't know how it is in the Midwest, but New Englanders are always right, regardless of what side of an issue they take.

My personal take on it is, more power to 'em if they want to, but I'm way to lazy to do it myself.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

There might be a few busybodies that inspect your laundry hanging on the line, but all the a large majority will notice is clothes on a line drying. Beyond that no big deal.

And by the way, your clothes will last longer if air dried. All the heat and tumbling is actually not good for the fabric fibers. It's convenience to have a drier. We have one and we go around in rags.

Silver Member
    I doubt your neighbors noticed.

Too cool/cold here to hang laundry out most of the year in my part of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Sleeping with sheets and blankets that have been drying on a fresh spring day is one of life's greatest pleasures.
    I'm a man. I like being a man. I also love wearing women's clothing. It's my way to show honor, respect and solidarity with them.

Down the block a family with a corner house has no way to hide the clothes lines they use all summer long. Anyone driving past can't miss this. Beyond seeing the bright colors, I don't bother to inspect and make mental notes of what sex the individual items are.

Yes, we have a dryer which i use for most items. It means that i can dry my clothes without our neighbours seeing. (they are incredibly nosey)
    Also, as we live near the seawall, any clothes that are hung-out would be right in the firing-line of the seagulls....
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Quote Originally Posted by April Rose View Post
    Linda is right. People's heads are a hive of their own bees.

Tracii There is a actually a "right to dry" controversy between people who hang their laundry outdoors for economic and ecological reasons, and homeowners associations and others who promote town by-laws against it for aesthetic, and property value reasons. It has come up several times at town meeting in my town. I don't know how it is in the Midwest, but New Englanders are always right, regardless of what side of an issue they take.

My personal take on it is, more power to 'em if they want to, but I'm way to lazy to do it myself.
    Pretty ironic that in a place like Southern California here that actually has the weather to hang dry clothes year-round, practically nobody actually does this, but in Mass it?s a big enough thing to have town meetings over.

As to the OP, the neighbors probably just assume your wife is the only one That hang drys and you just prefer the dryer.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Interesting thought, personally I find that there are three types of people when it comes to observing things. Seven out of ten notice nothing, it would take a large blast before they turn their head, and still they see very little, or only what they want to see. Two out of ten hear the blast, and then see most of what is going on in some detail. The one out of ten sees everything, they are highly detailed in there observations. For the most part, a CD'er has very little to worry about.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

I?m the type of person that, if my neighbors routinely hung clothes out on the line and I could see them, would notice. I would probably just think that the female prefers the line and the male likes the dryer.
    Living along the flight paths an airport, I eventually learned the different types of commercial airplanes because of the repetition.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Wow find that hard to believe. In the UK people can not wait for a nice day to hang their washing out. X

I use the dryer but pull out the delicates as soon as they are mostly dry to avoid damaging them.

Banned Read only
    Yes! I make a mental note of all the clothes I see hanging to see if any I like might fit me. Then I case the yard to get in and steal the clothes! Actually, no one gives a damn about anyone's clothes hanging on a line, unless it's blatant fetish wear or something that just stands out a lot. In that case, just hope you don't live near me.

Platinum Member
    Firstly, according to my wife men are notorious for wearing outer clothing way too many times before washing them.

Secondly, my wife use to hang clothes on a line in the back yard until I asked whether she was trying to kill our son. He is allergic to all sorts of pollen and mold spores which freely blow through the air. Hang those sheets out to dry and you're catching all the stuff he is allergic to. So, when he buries his face in a pillow case... We use a dryer and hang dry any clothing which may suffer dryer shrinkage.

Unless they have a fetish for your laundry they won't even notice.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I was being a tad sarcastic my Mom used to hang clothes out back in the 60s I just never have.
    If you all like doing it thats fine with me you are free to do what you wish.

I got nearly to the end of this thread to see a kindred answer from Stephanie47. I believe, too, that men have a tendency to wear some clothing until they wear them out instead of washing them. A clean sweatshirt is an indication that you don't do any work around the house or elsewhere (even if it's true).
    I don't worry about the different sizes of femme clothing (or lack of male clothing) on the line because we have a dryer. It's my job to take the clothing out of the dryer and it's wonderful pulling your femme clothing out.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Where are the pictures?

Only person that will look for that is another crossddresser. And they may want to try your stuff on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Hi Vicky,

I just love the fresh smell of line dried clothes. I wouldn't worry too much about your neighbors checking out your laundry. People don't pay all that much attention to things.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    OMG! Talk about a blast from the past? I haven't seen laundry out or a clothes line in SoCal for about 40 years!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Junior Member valeriemonroe2002's Avatar
    I don’t believe the neighbors would notice but the lady who runs the dry cleaners certainly noticed. She was very inquisitive.