Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cliches (or truths??)

Banned Read only
    Kaitlyn,
    Sorry slightly off the cliche theme but a story that never fails to make me smile .

I was in the Salvation Army charity shop trying on a sequined dress , OK I had to wriggle into it a little and managed to get the zipper done up , it looked OK but possibly too tight and maybe a little short . We all know what happens on warmer days and trying on clothes they are far harder to take off , a great deal of wriggling went on before I finally stepped out of it . After at the pay desk I asked the female SA what happens when people really get stuck , she replied , " Oh that's easy we just call the fire brigade ! " Several customers heard this conversation and burst out laughing .
    Last edited by Teresa; 06-07-2020 at 12:46 PM.

OMGosh I can imagine that moment when you realized. Ive had similar moments where I felt like I was a contortionist to get a top off over my arms!

But never in public!!!
    I am real

Banned Read only
    Kaitlyn,
    It can be just as bad when a SA offers to help . I was trying on several tops at a M&S store , the SA offered to stay with me to ease the tops off , one in particular was a little stubborn , I had my arms above my head with her giving a gentle tug when I felt my wig pulling off inside the top , nothing I could do to stop the it , she gently retrieved it from inside the top and handed it back , I gently popped it back on saying , " Oh well , now you know what the guy looks like !" She just. reasured me it wasn't a problem .

Silver Member
    Just ONE cliche? Select only one bloom from the field of wildflowers stretching to the horizon? Nope, can't do it without stirring the pot. PM sent.
    Last edited by LeaP; 06-14-2020 at 07:01 PM. Reason: extraneous word
    Lea

Here's a sales associate story.

I was in AZ for my "blast electrolysis"... I was 6 months away from starting to live full time. Half my face was covered in a beard, half was swollen and red from the electrolysis...
    I went to mall for McDonalds and as I walked by a NY and company I saw they had jeans on sale and they always carry tall sizes... 2 for 1 sale..

so i went in.... after some browsing a store mgr came to me from the front and a security guard from the back!!!! "can i help you sir????" gosh they hated me...

that was 12 yrs ago... i dont know which part of the story i hate more, that it happened or that it was 12 years ago

btw... my very first "en femme" trip to King of prussia mall which is super upscale mega mall started with me almost immediately slipping on the slick floor and crashing to the ground...my wig didnt come off but it did kind of twist around... luckily for me (kidding!!) there were some teenage girls coming they other way and they helped me up while gaping and giggling...

at 6'2 in 3" inch heels im sure i was a sight to behold for them

I dont know why somebody didnt tell me that walking in heels on slick marble floors was almost impossible..
    I am real

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    A couple more for the list of cliches.

From GG's to CD's at the grocery store "You always dress so nice even for a run to the store."

From CD's to TS at the grocery store "Why didn't you at least put on a skirt or maybe fresh lip color?"
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Charles View Post
    A couple more for the list of cliches.

From GG's to CD's at the grocery store "You always dress so nice even for a run to the store."

From CD's to TS at the grocery store "Why didn't you at least put on a skirt or maybe fresh lip color?"
    The second one cracked me up, Lol. I never "dress up" when going to the store, sometimes not even makeup. But I used to always apply something on my lips. Now a mask covers so what the heck.

Banned Read only
    Kaitlyn,
    I'm sure someone must have written a 1-10 scale advising the suitability of wearing heels . Soft grass , gravel , ice , marble floors , cobbles , decking , it begs the question why we risk it ? If they were part of workwear I'm sure they would come with a safety warning , I guess to some people they still are workwear .

I must admit on my last cruise we would sit having drinks in an open bar area waiting for the dining room to open . We faced the marble stair case which descended several deck levels . Everynight two GGs would appear on the top level in 4"-5" heels , their descent was more agonising then elegant , I'm sure most of the onlookers were waiting for the accident to happen . It never did but I take my hat off to those two for being so brave in attempting it . No denying I would have loved to been in their place but not in heels so high .

Also on that cruise lesson learned about wearing the right outfit when using glass bottomed lifts , I'll say no more but I'm sure someone can come with a cliche to make the point .

Jeri Ann,
    I try not to be caught out by doing that but the reverse of that is being a little tarted up when dropping in at the builder's merchant . I don't wear heels often for everyday but I do like my heeled wedges , it does get an odd look and a smile when picking up a bag of cement to load in the car .
    Last edited by Teresa; 06-16-2020 at 08:37 AM.

Here is a good one: Have you had the snip?
    Im a good looking guy that is sometimes a pretty girl.