Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Armed Forces

I served in the Army for three years.
    Joined up for several reasons. Wanted to serve my country and my parents had a 18 years and one day rule. Once I was 18 year of age I had one day to get out of the house. Wanted to go to college and I wanted to be stationed in Germany.
    It worked out well as I was out of the house at 18, became part of something I believed in, started college while on one of my bases and was stationed in Germany. While in Germany I was able to see the village and house my grandmother was born in and visit relatives.
    My last unit I was occasionally able to partially dress. One night while doing laundry I noticed a ceiling tile out of place. While checking I found a skirt hidden on top of the tile. I fixed the tile but kept an eye on the skirt. When it did not appear to have been used anymore I washed it and wore it a few times. That was during my last year of service. During my first two years I only dressed when on leave once a year.

Please remember, this is the MtF section. Although the OP asked if anyone was in the armed forces, she also asked how it affected your need to dress. Please make sure your responses include that latter question.

If you wish to start a thread about being in the Armed Forces only, please do so in the Lounge.

Quote Originally Posted by Sissy_Michelle View Post
    Jennifer,

I served in the US Army for 24 years. I knew I was a cross dresser and was curious about how far I could take it before I joined back in 84. More or less I boxed up my feelings, desires, and wants and asked myself what was more important. I retired in 2009.

I have no regrets about the time I spent in the Armed Forces. I did my job, did what was required, and did my best to bring everyone home. There were a couple of occasions where I was able to fully dress, during Carnivalie while stationed in Italia. I could not under dress because everything shows through a flightsuit.

@?}??
    Michelle
    Hi Michelle, Thanks for sharing and your service. I know how hard it is to box up your feelings. Good luck to you and stay safe!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    I served in the Army for three years.
    Joined up for several reasons. Wanted to serve my country and my parents had a 18 years and one day rule. Once I was 18 year of age I had one day to get out of the house. Wanted to go to college and I wanted to be stationed in Germany.
    It worked out well as I was out of the house at 18, became part of something I believed in, started college while on one of my bases and was stationed in Germany. While in Germany I was able to see the village and house my grandmother was born in and visit relatives.
    My last unit I was occasionally able to partially dress. One night while doing laundry I noticed a ceiling tile out of place. While checking I found a skirt hidden on top of the tile. I fixed the tile but kept an eye on the skirt. When it did not appear to have been used anymore I washed it and wore it a few times. That was during my last year of service. During my first two years I only dressed when on leave once a year.
    I'm sure you kept your eye on that shirt, Lea! I would too! I too was stationed in Germany right outside Kaiserslauturn. Thanks for sharing, darling!

occasionally resorted to bra, pantyhose and leotard (it was the 80's) under my flight overalls.

Hated "barrack searches", probably happened every 4 months at the avionics training school.

Mum got a surprise when I went home on leave, rummaging through my kit bag for dirty laundry to wash

My 35th reunion, I added a few extra days for girl time while away from home.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

My military career and my cross dressing did not clash. I became a active cross dresser late in life (After I retired).
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

USAF 1954-57. Joined up when I was 17, did't begin cding until later in life.

30 years Navy. I did dabble in panties once in a while but no serious dressing. My dressing jumped into overdrive after retirement.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelakld View Post
    occasionally resorted to bra, pantyhose and leotard (it was the 80's) under my flight overalls.

Hated "barrack searches", probably happened every 4 months at the avionics training school.

Mum got a surprise when I went home on leave, rummaging through my kit bag for dirty laundry to wash

My 35th reunion, I added a few extra days for girl time while away from home.
    Very brave indeed, Rachel, with wearing clothes underneath your flight overalls. I'm sure your mum did have a surprise! i forgot to put away my moms black slip once and there it was on top of the tumble dryer. No one said a word. Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Teri Ray View Post
    30 years Navy. I did dabble in panties once in a while but no serious dressing. My dressing jumped into overdrive after retirement.
    30 years! WOW! Thanks for your service, Teri. I'm sure you were just making up for lost time after your retirement. Good for you, darling, and thanks for sharing!

Me too exactly USAF

Aspiring Member
    32 years in the Army, half active duty, half Reserve. I have two battle stars on my NDSM, a silver OLC on my Reserve medal, and a big number on my OSR. I never really did anything heroic, just rolled out of the sack early and did my duty every day for a long, long time. The month I left the Army, I joined the Navy to take a civil service position. I later served a year in the Air Force, also civil service. Two weeks ago, I received an invitation from Uncle Sam asking for volunteers for corona virus duty. At my age! I am not a medical specialty so I will wait to see what develops.

For civil defense, I just finished building a mask sterilizer for a local hospital and sent the plans to hospitals around the region. It takes 20 minutes to sterilize about 30 masks at a time using easily acquired components. The hospital took delivery yesterday.

I was usually too busy or married to a wife who is death on dressing until my last assignment on active Army duty. I was alone in my own quarters, stateside for that tour, and dressed a lot on weekends. I lived on base. No one noticed me going out the gate but I had to change in my car to drab to get back in. I dressed, lived off base, and was out and about a lot during my Air Force year.

I am currently in the military. Being a CD had no impact on me volunteering. Since then I have always made time to CD in my life up till I got married where I pretty much stopped. I would on a very few occasions dress up when the wife was out and about. Now that I?m single I?m dressing g when ever I want to and starting actually doing drag shows.

Thanks, Abby for sharing and your service.

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria_Winters View Post
    I am currently in the military. Being a CD had no impact on me volunteering. Since then I have always made time to CD in my life up till I got married where I pretty much stopped. I would on a very few occasions dress up when the wife was out and about. Now that I?m single I?m dressing g when ever I want to and starting actually doing drag shows.
    Thanks, Victoria for being true to yourself and good luck with the drag shows! Stay safe!

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Did my six years in the NY and CT Army National Guard 1970-76. Proud to say I was Cavalry, having trained at Fort Knox as a tank Crewman. Was only away from home for 4 1/2 months so no issues with staying away from dressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Julianna View Post
    Did my six years in the NY and CT Army National Guard 1970-76. Proud to say I was Cavalry, having trained at Fort Knox as a tank Crewman. Was only away from home for 4 1/2 months so no issues with staying away from dressing.
    Thanks for sharing, darling and your service!
    Don't make no difference what nobody says, Ain't nobody like to be alone - Bruce Springsteen

US Army 2 yrs, 11 months,27 days, 13 hours and 24 minutes. Didn't count seconds cause i thought it trivial. For some reason I wrote down the the exact time I took my oath of office and I also recorded the time when they cut my ID card up (officially released fro m active duty) I had rather good time while I was in and I am where I am today because of serving. In basic training you wear the clothes the army issues you and you have no civilian clothes. At advanced training I kept stockings, garter belt and panties under the seat of my car and would wear them occasionally in remote areas of the base. I got married right after advanced training and went to Germany and wife came over 2 months later and we lived off base. I kept a nightie, and my garter belt, stockings and panties hidden in the apartment and wore them when wife was not at home. I occasionally would wear them under my uniform.
    I had a very good female friend who knows of my cross dressing and who was in the navy. when she was stationed aboard ship she would store the cross dressers belongings with her stuff and when the ship pulled into port the guys would pay for a hotel room where they could be dressed and party for the duration of their shore leave.
    Last edited by cdinmd206; 04-12-2020 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cdinmd206 View Post
    US Army 2 yrs, 11 months,27 days, 13 hours and 24 minutes. Didn't count seconds cause i thought it trivial. For some reason I wrote down the the exact time I took my oath of office and I also recorded the time when they cut my ID card up (officially released fro m active duty) I had rather good time while I was in and I am where I am today because of serving. In basic training you wear the clothes the army issues you and you have no civilian clothes. At advanced training I kept stockings, garter belt and panties under the seat of my car and would wear them occasionally in remote areas of the base. I got married right after advanced training and went to Germany and wife came over 2 months later and we lived off base. I kept a nightie, and my garter belt, stockings and panties hidden in the apartment and wore them when wife was not at home. I occasionally would wear them under my uniform.
    I had a very good female friend who knows of my cross dressing and who was in the navy. when she was stationed aboard ship she would store the cross dressers belongings with her stuff and when the ship pulled into port the guys would pay for a hotel room where they could be dressed and party for the duration of their shore leave.
    WOW! Amazing that amount of cross dressers trusted your female friend. She sounds terrific. Not just because she kept their stuff, but that she could be so trusted!. Thanks for sharing, Danielle.
    Don't make no difference what nobody says, Ain't nobody like to be alone - Bruce Springsteen

All you fellow military types I thank you for your service from a retired USAF TSgt.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

I was on active duty in the Army from 1977 to 2001 when I retired. Like all others at the time I was a volunteer as the draft had already ended. I never regretted my service, in fact, I consider it among the most important and rewarding experiences of my life. Serving in the Army never really impacted my crossdressing as it was always conducted in the privacy of my own home with the support and acceptance of my wife.
    Last edited by Katherine L.; 04-13-2020 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katherine L. View Post
    I was on active duty in the Army from 1977 to 2001 when I retired. Like all others at the time I was a volunteer as the draft had already ended. I never regretted my service, in fact, I consider it among the most important and rewarding experiences of my life. Serving in the Army never really impacted my crossdressing as it was always conducted in the privacy of my own home with the support and acceptance of my wife.
    Thanks for sharing, Katerine and for your service!

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Mary S View Post
    All you fellow military types I thank you for your service from a retired USAF TSgt.
    Thank you too, Leslie for your service!

US Marine Corps 94-98. Didn't do much if anything at that time, didn't have as strong feelings as I do now. Once I got on the internet in 00-01 and I found Ebay, thats when things really started.
    I just want to be me, and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianne_M View Post
    US Marine Corps 94-98. Didn't do much if anything at that time, didn't have as strong feelings as I do now. Once I got on the internet in 00-01 and I found Ebay, thats when things really started.
    Thanks for your service too, Brianne. Good to see you are happy!

Gold Member
    I served in the U.S.Navy, Sea-bees, Vietnam Vet, 15 months in country.
    Dressing was on the back burner then.
    Rader

I served 24 years in the Army. I wore my clothes when I could. The last 5 years or so I underdressed most of the time. As an officer and at that point in my career, it wasn't hard to do. Obviously, while deployed to Afghanistan, I didn't wear anything other than issue.
    I'm just trying to find a decent melody
    A song that I can sing in my own company

U2

Quote Originally Posted by RADER View Post
    I served in the U.S.Navy, Sea-bees, Vietnam Vet, 15 months in country.
    Dressing was on the back burner then.
    Rader
    Thank you for your service, Rader!

Quote Originally Posted by Brookes4242 View Post
    I served 24 years in the Army. I wore my clothes when I could. The last 5 years or so I underdressed most of the time. As an officer and at that point in my career, it wasn't hard to do. Obviously, while deployed to Afghanistan, I didn't wear anything other than issue.
    Thank you also for your service too, Robin!

Aspiring Member
    While I did enjoy a little dressing at the time I got by for my 4 years without, it developed more when I got out in 71. Being in the navy wasn't always fun but overall it was a good experience for me and I was able to save enough money to allow me to buy a cabin on a few acres and that allowed me to get a start with no mortgage, paying as I improved and added on. I and I know I did my part to keep us free and that is worth something to me. Sherrii