Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Armed Forces

Armed Forces

Hi ya,
    Just curious if anyone served in the Armed forces? If you volunteered, were you happy with your decision? Did you regret joining for any reason? Did dressing influence your decision at all to join? Was not dressing a problem when you were in?
    I volunteered for the air force. It was a good decision at the time. Naturally I missed dressing, but I did on leave. I've been out for over 30 years now with doing 3 1/2 years active duty. I got out early on an early-out-separation deal.
    Look forward to hearing back from you
    Love ya,
    Jennifer

I served in the US Navy. My Crossdressing tendencies were dormant at the time. This was the height of Don?t ask Don?t tell. I know of one person who was discharged because pictures of him dressed in lingerie were discovered on the Internet. But at the time it did not stir those surges I had him I was younger or that I have now.

I did my year in French service like every male at the time. That is one year during which pantyhose remained in the drawers. These guys sure know how to wash away any shred of pink fog. Testosterones away!
    Last edited by DianeT; 04-08-2020 at 10:05 AM.

Platinum Member
    I served in the United States Army for two years. I volunteered for the draft which just meant my induction date was moved up one month. It was a choice between my brother or myself. He already had a good paying job and I was still searching for work after graduating college. The job market had tanked in 1969. Anyway, I ended up in the infantry in Nam. I was wounded twice. The second time I was medivaced back to the states. I did not regret my decision. It was either me or my brother. As it turned out, if I had not moved my induction date up I would not have been drafted.

While I was in the army I had zero thoughts about wearing women's clothing. I was consumed with surviving. I fit nicely into a "man's world." I ascribe to the concept my PTSD counselor espoused. She is of the opinion that each man and woman has some dna of the opposite sex. In some it is more than others. I find it easy to go through life as a man. I strongly believe my male dna components arose to the occasion during that period of my life. It's a little perplexing because since that time the female component asserts itself to relieve stresses from that time.

21 years USAF. Dabbled some, but would have negatively impacted clearance if exposed.

Thanks for sharing, Amanda

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I know exactly how you feel, Diane!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    I served in the United States Army for two years. I volunteered for the draft which just meant my induction date was moved up one month. It was a choice between my brother or myself. He already had a good paying job and I was still searching for work after graduating college. The job market had tanked in 1969. Anyway, I ended up in the infantry in Nam. I was wounded twice. The second time I was medivaced back to the states. I did not regret my decision. It was either me or my brother. As it turned out, if I had not moved my induction date up I would not have been drafted.

While I was in the army I had zero thoughts about wearing women's clothing. I was consumed with surviving. I fit nicely into a "man's world." I ascribe to the concept my PTSD counselor espoused. She is of the opinion that each man and woman has some dna of the opposite sex. In some it is more than others. I find it easy to go through life as a man. I strongly believe my male dna components arose to the occasion during that period of my life. It's a little perplexing because since that time the female component asserts itself to relieve stresses from that time.
    Thank you for sharing such a heartfelt and personal experience, Stephanie. Thank you also for your service. I was not involved in combat. All the best to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Waite View Post
    21 years USAF. Dabbled some, but would have negatively impacted clearance if exposed.
    21 years Helen is quite a achievement. I often thought what would happen if I reenlisted, but i got out. I was so reckless at the time I got out that i'm sure I would have done something that would have worked out very stressful for me if I stayed in. My cross dressing was elevated at 22 after I trusted a girlfriend who eventually exposed me to my bestfriend who didn't know. Thanks also for your service and for sharing!

USAF 1970-1974 After basic and tech school, to McGuire AFB for the rest of the 4 years! Not even a TDY! I was naive about all this and just did the "man" thing for those 4 years! I will confide they were my drug use years, pot and LSD and some meth! Not proud of it but it was part of my life! Have been straight since about 1977 or 1978! Virtual Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

4 years, 2nd Bn / 325th Abn Inf, 82nd Abn Div. 1981 - 1985

US_Army_Airborne_basic_parachutist_badge.gif

Regrets? Yes and no. It was a thrill to be involved with an elite unit. But before I signed up for the Army I got a call from the Navy. They were super impressed with my science and math scores on the ASVAB test. Wanted to know if I would be interested in serving on a submarine, taking care of a nuclear reactor. I said I'd think about it. I went and talked to my uncle who was in the Navy. He laughed about the submarine business. "Sorry, kid, he was BSing you. Only those who've put some time in and proved themselves get submarine duty." I found out later I would have ended up on an aircraft carrier, which was pretty good duty, so I was told.
    On the other hand jumping out of airplanes was a blast. Still, the Navy gig would have opened up some nice career opportunities when I was finished.
    Last edited by Denice; 04-08-2020 at 05:58 PM.
    I'm a man. I like being a man. I also love wearing women's clothing. It's my way to show honor, respect and solidarity with them.

I spend a lot of time in the closet, because that's where my clothes are.

US Navy. I served just under 10 years. Dressing desires were very dormant during that time. It was a great decision at the time. Getting out near the 10-year mark was a difficult decision. But, the economy was booming and I was in a good field.
    In some ways I regret leaving, mostly because I didn't experience life aboard ship. I had one rotation of sea duty and was stationed at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba for 2-1/2 years. That was a great duty station. Lots of sailors complain about GTMO, but I took advantage of the many things to do there. I almost finished by Associates Degree. I did a lot of scuba diving. I rode horses, played softball, was on 2 bowling leagues. I could go on and on.

Type in Veteran and hit enter.....and you will see many many more threads....amazing stories of service to their countries.
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Army. - 72-76.
    I did it to avoid the risk of getting drafted and being sent into combat (not something I could have handled.)
    I also did it to get training in career skills.
    I don't regret it. I was pretty much forced to do a lot of growing up in that time - something I needed. But four years was enough. Any more and I'd probably have gotten in trouble.

My feminine side was forced into the back recesses of my soul for that time. I was trying desperately to figure out what "normal" was and to BE it.
    I guess it didn't work, huh?

I was in the Army National Guard in Massachusetts. Dressing was not high on my list while in boot camp and advance training.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Proudly, USAF....10 years. Occasionally, the pink fog would blow in, but left quickly...dire consequences if caught. Honorably Discharged..made up for lost time.

I will look at your link Stacy...thanks for sharing

Glad to hear you enjoyed your time in Cuba, Kelli....I've never been there. People say its's lovely

I will look up Veteran for more threads, mbmeen...thanks for sharing that

Not alone there, SaraLin, I can assure you. Thanks for sharing!

20 years 3 days in USAF. rarely did I dress. Security Clearance would have gone down the drain and then the job. Job required a high level clearance. After USAF I went to work for GSA and the Dept of Army for 23 years. Still needed the clearance. My travel restrictions have reduced greatly.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

I can understand why, alwaysshave. Thanks for sharing!

10 years is a long time, Nancy! Thanks for sharing. Good 'ol pink fog! I know all too well.

Thanks for sharing, Leslie. 20 years is a long time! Thanks for our service!

Actually I think of myself of having been in since 1943. I was born to a Army Air Corp Father. I left military almost full in 2008. (65 years total) I still live near a military installation and use the military medical services.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

20 years United States Marine Corps 1975 ~ 1995.

For the most part as a Marksmanship Coach, Primary Marksmanship Instructor, Drill instructor at M.C.R.D. Parris Island, South Carolina (9 years total out of 20).

Initially 0311, Infantry, got out for 96 days, reenlisted into the 04 MOS (Logistics)

Dressing confined to the occasional here and there raiding the then wifes lingerie drawer and closet.

I believe in part I was attempting to deny, assert, earn, validate, prove, .........

My normalcy

My masculinity

Did the accompanying, seemingly required self deprecation, denial, loathing, purging, self contempt.

Picked up a nice little drinking habit attempting to drown and purge the "she in me" Guess what
    Didn't and doesn't work.

Finally realized and figured out that a lot of my issues didn't stem from my having an attraction towards femininity, or feminine side, but due to suppression and denial of same. That a heavy handed social, cultural and religious conditioning in my youth (I'm from the Deep South)

27 years US Army Combat Engineer

Jodi

Quote Originally Posted by Denice View Post
    4 years, 2nd Bn / 325th Abn Inf, 82nd Abn Div. 1981 - 1985

US_Army_Airborne_basic_parachutist_badge.gif
    Another sky soldier! I was 1/504 back in 1971-73! I had an appointment to the Air Force Academy my senior year in high school but they rejected me because I was near-sighted. After high school I tried joining the Navy but they rejected me because I had a heart murmur. My draft lottery number was 8 and the Army didn't care about any health issues - if I could walk and breathe I was good!
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon

I was in the Massachusetts national guard as well. Army engineer.

Good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Dana3 View Post
    20 years United States Marine Corps 1975 ~ 1995.

For the most part as a Marksmanship Coach, Primary Marksmanship Instructor, Drill instructor at M.C.R.D. Parris Island, South Carolina (9 years total out of 20).

Initially 0311, Infantry, got out for 96 days, reenlisted into the 04 MOS (Logistics)

Dressing confined to the occasional here and there raiding the then wifes lingerie drawer and closet.

I believe in part I was attempting to deny, assert, earn, validate, prove, .........

My normalcy

My masculinity

Did the accompanying, seemingly required self deprecation, denial, loathing, purging, self contempt.

Picked up a nice little drinking habit attempting to drown and purge the "she in me" Guess what
    Didn't and doesn't work.

Finally realized and figured out that a lot of my issues didn't stem from my having an attraction towards femininity, or feminine side, but due to suppression and denial of same. That a heavy handed social, cultural and religious conditioning in my youth (I'm from the Deep South)
    Wow! Thanks for your service and being so candid about your struggles, Dana. Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by ambigendrous View Post
    Another sky soldier! I was 1/504 back in 1971-73! I had an appointment to the Air Force Academy my senior year in high school but they rejected me because I was near-sighted. After high school I tried joining the Navy but they rejected me because I had a heart murmur. My draft lottery number was 8 and the Army didn't care about any health issues - if I could walk and breathe I was good!
    Thanks for sharing and your service, ambigendrous

H Laura, That's some clever stuff. I was in supply mostly drove a truck or forklift. Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer,

I served in the US Army for 24 years. I knew I was a cross dresser and was curious about how far I could take it before I joined back in 84. More or less I boxed up my feelings, desires, and wants and asked myself what was more important. I retired in 2009.

I have no regrets about the time I spent in the Armed Forces. I did my job, did what was required, and did my best to bring everyone home. There were a couple of occasions where I was able to fully dress, during Carnivalie while stationed in Italia. I could not under dress because everything shows through a flightsuit.

@—}——
    Michelle

I was in for two years (actually a bit less) active duty 70-72. Drafted. 11B. Nam. Out and on with my life.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.