Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm starting to have breast growth even before HRT

I'm starting to have breast growth even before HRT

I know this sounds crazy, but I lost weight lately but I retained my man boobs. I've been trying to walk a lot and exercise and my mind has been filled with the future and how I will feel as a woman. I wonder what it would be like to walk around my complex with a pair of shorts women's shorts and a spaghetti strap women's tee. Well I was doing some shaving the other day and maybe it's in my mind but my boobs are actually growing. It's hard to explain but can this anticipation and feeling of being female had started something. It's like I'm starting with a head start now. , Kind of confused.

Hi Denise,

I have pecs that look exactly like 32A boobs! I've considered HRT but the loss of height and strength would be a serious downside considering that I'm already small and petite.

Marion

Banned Read only
    Denise,
    I've noticed my bust appears to be growing , I'm sure it's more down to the male muscle mass reverting to a fat layer . One thing I have noticed is my nipples do appear to be getting bigger and more sensitive . I do think something is going on with my chemistry , I haven't had any levels checked but it could be the effects of my T finally reducing which at my age I've been expecting for some time . I will add I'm not on any hormones .

Quote Originally Posted by Maid_Marion View Post
    Hi Denise,

I have pecs that look exactly like 32A boobs! I've considered HRT but the loss of height and strength would be a serious downside considering that I'm already small and petite.

Marion
    I'm sorry nut this is the first time I read about "loss of height with HRT. I'm 5'8" and I still having the same height. If that would be the case, how much would be the lost of height?

Denise, I start HRT being 58 years old and already had some breast that is normal in that age man. Luckily, HRT enhance that breast that had a shape of something hanging but now are rounded woman's breast, B cups. Very happy!

Devi
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

I had "man boobs" likely from age before HRT but with HRT they have definately become more like feminine "boobs"! They are rounder and have more projection! They are still only "A" cup but they are still growing! HRT for 17 months! Best wishes with that! Virtual Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Maybe I'm losing my mind from being stuck inside. I walk every once in awhile I want to take a beautiful picture of this landscape Hill near my condo and post it on Facebook is so beautiful. I'm trying to find things to do.

There are a lot of anecdotal reports of height loss over on Susan's Place. I'm already shorter than most women.

Marion, I kind of read something somewhere about the padding between the bones or cartilage kind of shrinks. Tgirls shows a picture of the sneakers she used to wear and then the size she is wearing now after she's been on HRT for a couple years it's like a size smaller.but what they really say it does not change bone structure in your feet or your hands. There might be something to this and there might not.

Feet getting smaller could be all about the redistribution of fatty tissue! HRT causes redistribution of fatty tissue and is the cause of hip, butt and breast growth! It does not change bony structures! The emotional and mentally changes are oh so nice! My hips and butt have only reshaped and not grown larger-yet! LOL I still have some gut to get rid of! Best wishes with all of this and enjoy! Virtual Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Aspiring Member
    I've been on HRT for 7 weeks now. Like other male bodies my age I have man-boobs. I still haven't seen any significant change, but I can say my nipples are bigger and get erect very easily, which never happened in the past. They are also much more sensitive and seem to have developed a direct line to the lower parts that didn't exist before.

I don't know how much muscle mass one will lose; I'm an avid cyclist, I've already ridden 120 miles in the last 6 days, so that should help but I've read that most of the muscle loss is upper body. I think height loss would come from osteoporosis, and that would be most likely with NO hormones, e.g. after bilateral orchiectomy but with no estrogen to replace the testosterone. Women do start to lose height but after menopause.

For me, breasts are something I always had before HRT and before puberty. I was curious how big they were going to grow, which I would say it's more than enough for people to notice. I've been doing HRT for 1 1/2 years.

Women's sneakers often have a little bit of rise in them, so if anything, women's shoes make you taller! At least the size 7s that I buy.

I have just enough to look great in Junior's tops.

Marion
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 04-10-2020 at 05:17 AM.

I think in general as you go forward you don't want to get to much into the measurements and trying gauge things like this..

You are not growing boobs. There is fat and tissue there of course. I guess if it makes you feel less gender dysphoria that makes sense but dont be confused... do the "work" get healthy in your mind

If you hope for physical changes you have to understand they may not happen, and if they do they may not be what you want... you dont have control over that
    I am real

Reality Check
    Losing height as you age is pretty common in men and women. I am almost three inches shorter now than I was at my peak. This is without any feminine hormones.
    Krisi

Hi, I think you'll find that once you start HRT, you will have fat redistribution, including to your breasts. But also, your breast tissue itself will develop and expand. At least for me, that is where my breasts are coming from. The breast growth is actually painful.
    I'm just trying to find a decent melody
    A song that I can sing in my own company

U2

I'd assume that wearing a padded bra helps a little with the painful part. As your body changes it will take a while for your mind to recalibrate where it thinks your body is. Before that you are likely to bump into things! Ouch!

Reality Check
    Sometimes our minds trick us into thinking we are getting what we want so badly.

The only objective way to tell if your breasts are growing is to measure them with a tape measure. Write down your measurements every week or two.
    Krisi

I agree with you Krisi but you know that could be good.
    It's a known phenomenon called placebo effect.
    Scientific, doctors can't explain miracles. So many ancient culture have their own healers with different techniques and what they do most of the times work not for their supernatural powers or knowledge but for the "faith" of the receiver in the gift that comes from gods.
    I was a Christian pastor and experienced so many miracles in my own life and the life of even unknown people on streets. I have a National geographic magazine that goes deep with scientific tests very documented and they just see some brain activity in the "recipient " or patient while the procedure is being administered.
    That's the reason that pharmacologic tests with new medicine see all the time, people receiving just sugar with the same shape and color of the real "medicin" is being tested and they experience the expected results of the real medicine....
    So, I believe that some of us "need" so much the transition that can boost the real effects....
    In churches there are all the time believers that received and others dont receive, they just call it lack of faith....
    Mho.

Devi
    Last edited by Devi SM; 04-17-2020 at 09:54 AM.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

There are lots of things that can trigger breast growth besides HRT.

Silver Member
    Maid M, for goodness sake tell us what really, really works. Most of your sisters are anxious to know!!!

Silver Member
    Most male boobs are primarily fat* and sagging skin. They aren't remotely the same as trans-women's or female's breasts, as any mammogram will show.

True gynecomastia, which is growth of milk glands, lobules, ducts, etc., as well as nipple changes, is fairly common, too, but on a minor scale. Very few males experience the kind of growth that can be mediated by HRT. Those that do are usually getting a substantial dose of estrogens in their diet or from their environment. Alternatively, a few may have very sensitive estrogen receptors. Androgen suppression alone can trigger gynecomastia, but again, usually on the minor side of things.

*(And yes, there is a substantial amount of fat in a female breast. It's interspersed throughout the breast tissue, however, and not in a blob like so many moobs.)
    Lea

At the risk of poking a hornet’s nest, there is nothing that will cause breast growth (breast as defined above by Lea) unless it is based on hormones.

Not to sound like a cliche, but the mind is a powerful thing...
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

If you are happy with how they look does anything else matter?

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura912 View Post
    At the risk of poking a hornet’s nest, there is nothing that will cause breast growth (breast as defined above by Lea) unless it is based on hormones.
    Thank you, Laura. Just to add on, even androgen suppression in itself doesn't trigger breast growth. That's brought on by the estrogens we all have (or are exposed to), male or female. Suppression allows the estrogens to become dominant, though rarely to the degree brought on by taking hormones.
    Lea