Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm starting to have breast growth even before HRT

I hope you get the picture..

Its a practical matter
    Don't risk unneccessary disappointment..

Its possible you will get every thing you hope for. it will take time tho..

Enjoy the feelings of HRT

Most importantly, bask in the knowledge that you are doing the right thing for yourself.

If you can just get good with that, and get good with whatever physical and emotional changes you experience no matter how big or small, nobody can ever take that away from you.
    I am real

My breast started growing about 5 years ago. I was very sensitive and was also hurting for weeks at a time. I went to see my GP doctor and she checked my levels. She said that testosterone was really low and estrogen was very high. Had me start taking testosterone shots once a week at home I?d inject in legs one or other switching legs each time. I did this for about 5 months was rechecked and levels were normal. I stopped taking injections as it didn?t stop the feeling of growth spurts and did nothing for sexually reasoning so stopped. Since then I?m now in last three years up to a 38 full A cup getting into B starting. If I go into hrt I assume it would possibly grow from there.

Silver Member
    Just to cap off my comments, please be aware that gynecomastia can be an indication of several very serious medical conditions, aside from more the more benign sources that have been mentioned. If you are experiencing breast growth but not taking hormones, not taking androgen suppressants for something like prostate problems, and are otherwise normally healthy, see a doctor. Unexplained breast growth is not normal.
    Lea

Well belly fat Aromitizes testosterone into Estrogens and if you have low testosterone you have higher estrogen called estrogen dominance.

Silver Member
    Well, no, not exactly. Testosterone aromatization to estradiol is a normal function to maintain levels when there is a large change in testosterone production or an excess of testosterone. Those with low testosterone are the least likely to incur this. [EDIT - I should rather say "in a material way", as there is less testosterone to aromatize.] The most common trigger these days is taking steroids, which disrupts testosterone production.

Estrogen dominance and feminization effects in the male body are more complex than just E vs T balances. Receptor sensitivity, genetics, and progesterone levels play huge parts also. Moreover, receptor sensitivity will usually differ by body part.

Beyond all that, a number of common scenarios for low testosterone in males are accompanied by lower estrogen levels. That's particularly so with aging. Estrogen dominance via aromatization in males DOES occur, of course, but it's not often permanent. Any feminization effects when and if T & E balances return to male norms may or may not last.
    Last edited by LeaP; 05-25-2020 at 11:40 PM. Reason: syntax
    Lea

Well written, Lea. It is nice to see someone trying to inject (pun intended) common sense and real science into these conversations.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura912 View Post
    Well written, Lea. It is nice to see someone trying to inject (pun intended) common sense and real science into these conversations.
    Thank you, Laura. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade. It's just that it so important to be anchored in reality though this. I would go so far as to say that being trans is ALL about realities; recognizing them, accepting them, and figuring out how to deal with them.
    Lea

Thanks Lea! Your last statement is so true! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I went to play golf today and I wore regular thin golf shirt. Fat guy shorts on the nice shirt golf shoes. I emailed a picture to a friend man saying this is my Payne Stewart pose,he stated yeah I still play golf but are you going off the ladies tees or the white tees.I says I'm going off the whites but if you really want me to go up the ladies tees if we played I would and then he comes back and says your nipples are really showing through your shirt. I blew up the picture and he's right they were erect. I've only been on HRT for 3 weeks can it be possible.

Denise, one if the first signs of the hormones working are
    in the nipples. They get swollen, then you start keeling them more sensitive and always hard pointing front.
    After that you're going to feel a tissue growing inside....
    My experience, I love it, you will too....
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION