Thread: Books/Fiction help

Books/Fiction help

Hello all,

I know there?s a writing section on this forum, but I?m not sure it?s the place for this post. Here?s the quick and simple question.

How do you guys find good crossdressing/TG Reading material. My wife likes to read and told me to find her some stuff...she?s looked as well, but unfortunately everything we see lacks real story or character development. They dive immediately into the fantasy, etc w/o any thought. The story arc is often weak from what I?ve seen.

Do any of you have recommendations on how to find good books/literature. My wife loves romance and all of that, included more risqu??, but it has to be well written.

Thank you!!!

DT

I can't think of any offhand apart from maybe Orlando by Virginia Woolf which has a transgender element. She apparently wrote it for her lover.

Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides, Trans Sister Radio by Chris Bohjalian, Two Strand River by Keith Maillard, Misfortune by Wesley Stace. All of these are trans themed to one degree or another, and also stand up as eminently readable works of fiction.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by April Rose View Post
    Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides, Trans Sister Radio by Chris Bohjalian, Two Strand River by Keith Maillard, Misfortune by Wesley Stace. All of these are trans themed to one degree or another, and also stand up as eminently readable works of fiction.
    Thx! Will check them out
    Last edited by Di; 04-10-2020 at 04:48 AM. Reason: Removed the post you were answering above

Try Amazon, we find some good books and movies there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Fiction help

Fictionmania has some excellent writers. Michele Nylons is one. Do an author search. They are well researched and have page turning plots. They are novel length. There are several others who write similarly.whose names I can give you if interested.
    Last edited by JoannaCD; 04-10-2020 at 01:15 AM.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Not a fiction book but a transgender discovery book. Hung In The Middle by Alana Nicole Sholar.
    She is a friend of mine I met along my journey of discovery.
    Her wife wrote a book called My Husband Looks Better In Lingerie Than I Do Damnit.

I just read "Girl, Woman, Other" by Bernardine Evaristo. The book follows the lives of a bunch of women in England over the years. One of the women lives her life as a man and ends up with a GM partner who lives as a woman. Interesting twist.

Two fiction books which I have just finished reading and liked a lot are The Women of Primrose Square by Claudia Carroll and The Art of Being Normal by Lisa Williamson.

The first book is about a group of three women, one of whom is trans, who are all in a mess but who discover that/they can support one another and transform their world.

The second is a young adult novel (don?t be put off by that) about a young trans woman discovering their identity.

Both are uplifting and and encouraging books with lots of humour.
    Last edited by JennyMay; 04-10-2020 at 12:26 PM.

One of my favorite is The Kiss Murder By Mehmet Murat Somer. It is available on Amazon HERE

This book is a fun read. A mystery novel set in Istanbul with the main character a CD and part owner of a "tranny" club. The book was translated from Turkish with a few Turkish words left in the book, which I found intriguing and fun. Don't worry if you are not up on your Turkish language, there is a one page glossary in the back of the book that cross-references the Turkish words. I will not give anything away about the plot, but there is a lot reference to the CD life in Istanbul. Enjoy.
    It's not about gender it's about fashion www.flickr.com/photos/9438546@N08/sets

Quote Originally Posted by Dressing up View Post
    I just read "Girl, Woman, Other" by Bernardine Evaristo. The book follows the lives of a bunch of women in England over the years. One of the women lives her life as a man and ends up with a GM partner who lives as a woman. Interesting twist.
    Oh, I have that on my list already, good to know.

As a kid I read some of Heinlein in my science fiction phase, and I Will Fear No Evil fits into this category, but I don't know how it holds up after all these decades.
    Last edited by HelpMe,Rhonda; 04-10-2020 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Not a fiction book but a transgender discovery book. Hung In The Middle by Alana Nicole Sholar.
    She is a friend of mine I met along my journey of discovery.
    Her wife wrote a book called My Husband Looks Better In Lingerie Than I Do Damnit.
    Tracii, on your recommendation in another thread a few weeks back, i bought these books on amazon. My copies arrived yesterday and i started reading Alana's book last night. I will read Bobbi's book afterward. I think my wife might read them as well. Thank-you!
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Teddie S, Belladonna, Amanda Walker, Brenda B on fictionmania and/or bigcloset are some of my favourites. Not a lot of gratuitous sex and violence if that is what you're after.

Commenting so I can come back to these suggestions later

From another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by BobbiKay View Post
    . . . My interest in trans was piqued by reading "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil", a non-fiction novel by John Berendt, published in 1994.
    I've read this too and highly recommend it. The Lady Chablis, a local transgender woman, club performer and entertainer is quite the sub character in this NYT best selling book.

I found an intriguing book titled ?My Husband Betty? and shared with my wife. It?s nonfiction about a woman married to a crossdreser. The author does her best to report objectively, admittedly limited by objective information about CD being hard to find. The book was good for conversation with my wife but I?ve had to ?walk things back? a bit as the authors husband was Transgender, not CD alone. And I?m not trans (as far as I know).

Fictionmania.tv and Literotica.com are fine sites for sexual CD/TG reading. I enjoy reading these two authors on the former, Charlotte Johnson and Janet L. Stickney. They both have stories with TG themes but read more like novellas.

I also read two wonderful CD/TG authors found on Amazon and downloaded 'inexpensively' to my kindle - Karin Bishop (25+ books) and Jenny Walker (5 books). Both are great storytellers and have very intriguing story plots. Rita Leigh

There was an author I liked called O2bxx.

Karen Sue

There are some stories on YouTube but most are fiction and not very well written but some very rare aren?t too bad. Trouble is some are so off the rails you end up thinking what a waste of time trying to find decent ones. But as I said few and far between.

There is a site I contribute to occasionally called Literotica.com that has a Transgender/Crossdressing section. It's all amateur fiction and some is very explicit, some of it is very well done.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Ok, I found one.

It’s a good read. It’s more about the perspective of the girlfriend, but also about acceptance. Personally, I would’ve liked to have heard more of his perspective or view, and get to the why he CD’d, etc. But at least it’s a good romantic story about love.

https://www.amazon.com/Crossing-Open...7960609&sr=8-1