Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Jamie Austin Make-over changed my life, Did you have a watershed expereince?

My Jamie Austin Make-over changed my life, Did you have a watershed expereince?

Back in 1999 I went to the Glamour Boutique and had a makeover by Jamie Austin.

Seeing myself transformed in a glamorous woman, changed my perspective and set me on the path to going out in public as woman.

Did you ever have such an experience?
    Attached Images Attached Images

You look fantastic !

You look great in this picture and your avatar picture - I have not had more than a makeup lesson in person (which did get me using a few products on my face)

Paula, you look fabulous, live your life the way you want to be
    I wish I could look half as good as you

I would have to tart by replacing my head, nope, never had a make over, to far gone for that!

Oh you betcha. My Jamie Austin mind blow was in 2001. Life changing for sure. Rest in Peace, Jamie.

Hugs, Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by michelleddg View Post
    Oh you betcha. My Jamie Austin mind blow was in 2001. Life changing for sure. Rest in Peace, Jamie.

Hugs, Michelle
    I recognize that stool!!

Mind Blow is a good way to put it

Jamie loved newbies giving them a make over and then the reveal

It was like a wave came over you

Wow! Absolutely love❤️

Aspiring Member
    Yes, two really. The first time I went to Phoebe Cross for my first makeover, dress and photo session about 15 years ago. Once I saw what I could look like with proper make, forms, and wig I was hooked and on the road to dressing more and more. I went out in public a few times over the years but it took going out shopping and to lunch in the middle of the day with Phoebe and realizing that I was passing (about 3 years ago) that I really put myself out in public as much as I could.

Wow all great photos
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Aspiring Member
    My watershed experience was getting my style and colours done as a woman by House of Colour. Other colour analyses are available but this lot blow them away. The experience was very enjoyable and gave me confidence I never had before. My clothes are now very different from the ones I wore before. It was expensive but it saved me money by enabling me to avoid mistakes when buying new clothes. They also teach you about the right make-up and even styles of glasses. A GG friend I met just after this could not believe a man could look that good in a dress and reckoned if they can do that she was going to get her style and colours done too. I get a LOT of compliments on my outfits even though I do not pass. This all happened in 1996. I decided to get a refresher from a different stylist (the first ones were no longer in business and were in London) and stayed in a hotel where I had been before - always dressed. I told the woman owner why I was there and she said I didn't need a stylist - I always dressed fabulously.

Paula,

What a pleasant thread to pop up. Thank you. Seeing Jaime’s name brought back a lot of memories! Like you and Michelle, I too am happy to be fellow “Austin Angel”. Both of you have amazing pictures here!

My own experience was 10-11 years ago when I was definitely more of a skinny bitch! Lol. The first time was by myself at his Massachusetts studio and the 2nd time was at SCC in Atlanta. In Atlanta, Jaime let my wife video his “magic” (allowing me to review it later) and introduced me to the world of MAC cosmetics and the game changing process of learning to contour. No doubt that contouring was single handedly the biggest game changer for me and my look.

(Edit: after showing this to my wife, she reminded me that another amazing feminization trick Jaime did was to use “face lift” tape and elastic cords to slightly pull back your face to make you look even younger)

I loved his studio and all the wigs, dresses, shoes he had available to choose from. And him being okay with more risque boudoir type pictures. I still remember Jamie being so caring as he pulled the corset tight and throwing out compliments as he took all those photos. A true professional. I think he took 100-150 different pictures of different dress/wig combinations. He made me feel so feminine and sexy and I will never forget the exact moment of looking into the mirror for the first time and seeing myself look SO glamourous. Definitely a watershed moment for me as well Paula, he is sorely missed...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lux; 04-11-2020 at 11:05 AM.

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences ladies. That sounds like such an amazing, comforting & exhilarating experience all at once. And obviously he knew exactly what he was doing. Absolutely gorgeous! So sexy

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Mine was in the Spring of 1979 when I had a makeover by the famed Lee Brewster at his shop, Lee's Mardi Gras in Manhattan, NY. It was also the first time that I entered the world in daylight. To take that maiden (pun intended) voyage enfemme in NYC was amazing. I never looked back after that.

I too went to Lee's Mardi Gras (once) but didn't get a full blown makeover til last summer

Quote Originally Posted by HelpMe,Rhonda View Post

Attachment 311405

there she goes, posting this pic again
    But I think the biggest experience was after decades of dressing was when the phone apps got really good at putting (fake) makeup on, which was good enough to prompt me to really want to do the makeover even more than I had been seeing pics on the internet of Austin's Angels and other legends.
    Last edited by HelpMe,Rhonda; 04-10-2020 at 08:46 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Like Lux, Paula, I had my 1st and only makeover done on my 1st ever outing to the SCC in Atlanta about 12 years ago. Unfortunately, it was a big disappointment!
    No amount of makeup will make me appear female. Much less gorgeous like u and Lux!

My life changing experience came before my SCC outing. It DID involve seeing myself in the mirror. After I received my very 1st silicone, female, suit. When I looked in the mirror and was shocked to see a stunning naked female looking back!

Imagine me in this but without the bikini!
    It made me realize I was NOT trans. Simply a CD. What I wanted was to appear female. Not become one!
    That changed everything for me practically overnite!
    IMG_0943 (3) (408x640)vvuvuvuvuccuy.jpg
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 04-10-2020 at 11:04 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Mine was in October 2016, and I wrote about it in the photos section.

TLDR version. I had four days to get glammed up and my bucket list was to get my nails done, get a makeover, try on clothes, and buy a wig dressed. I did all four.

The watershed moment was telling the nail clerk why I was getting my nails done, and instead of getting a negative response, the tech was excited for me. The Sephora MUA was great and gave me the confidence and products so I could do my own makeup. The Nordstrom sales Angel's had a room full of dresses for me and tons of enthusiasm to help me. The SA at the wig store was not as enthusiastic as the others, but she treated me professionally and found me a wig I love.

I went from being afraid to having people tell me come back anytime. That changed EVERYTHING for me.

Not hard to see why it could have changed your perspective . I think everyone has to have a make over at lease once, I know it helped me feel better about myself and more confidence. It also helped me with my make up skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Julianna View Post
    Mine was in the Spring of 1979 when I had a makeover by the famed Lee Brewster at his shop, Lee's Mardi Gras in Manhattan, NY. It was also the first time that I entered the world in daylight. To take that maiden (pun intended) voyage enfemme in NYC was amazing. I never looked back after that.
    Here's the article I worte about my trip to Lee's

http://www.femulate.org/2013/10/look...th-street.html

OMG you ladys are gorgeous and always will be! Thank you!

Mine was back in 1995 when I was working in California, I had seen an ad in some sort of local publication for Jim Bridges studio in Studio City. I called and made an appointment for a Saturday. It was the first time I truly felt I was presenting as a female. I had my nails done that day for the first time and had a full makeover and bought a new dress and heels just for the evening. Back then Bloody Marys was the hot spot for the drag scene in Southern California and it happened to be nearly next door! What a wonderful evening of feeling feminine and looking the part as well! After several trips while working in California I would always seek out makeover studio?s wherever I was working around the country. I guess my favorite was at Studio Lites in Denver back in 2000! It was and still is the best job of contouring and creating the illusion of femininity I have ever experienced. I have been very fortunate to have had the opportunities to travel the country with work and visit so many Transgender friendly cities and neighborhood clubs and bars. Some of the most friendly and welcoming areas in this country are not where you would expect. Oh My how times have changed in the last 25 years. I wish everyone had at least 1 opportunity to get a professional makeover. It can be a life changing event in the crazy journey of living and learning. Hugs, from one lucky lady!

Quote Originally Posted by Paula_56 View Post
    Here's the article I worte about my trip to Lee's

http://www.femulate.org/2013/10/look...th-street.html
    Well, how much fun is that. I commented on your 2013 post with my own Lee's Mardi Gras experience. That was my first ever encounter with a crossdresser (although I never saw him dressed). He was located on 10th Ave. when I went, and I've never been more scared in all my life. Hugs, Michelle

Mine changed when we joined our old support group.
    After one meeting a bunch of the girls said "we're going to the diner for coffee, who's coming?".
    Well, that's all it took. I realized all my fears about being in public were unfounded and since then it's been she sky's the limit.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Paula, I have been to Jamie Austin and had a makeover in 2013. My avatar is one of the pictures from the makeover.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".