Thread: A huge step for Heidi

A huge step for Heidi

On Tuesday I finally met with endocrinologist. (Had to cancel first appt). I supplied her with complete medical background, recent blood tests etc. and 15 minutes later she sent the prescriptions to the pharmacy. Yesterday was the first day on HRT. Small dosages to be change after next appointment in July. So many things went through my head in the last few months. It is amazing that 2 years ago buying a bra was a big deal. Now life changing therapy. Stay tuned

Heidi
    hugs and more hugs

Rhandi

Congratulations Heidi! That is so wonderful. I think it will be interesting to see how your life changes just by being on hormones. I am not talking about any physical changes, but rather how you feel and change mentally, which you probably will. Just taking that big step will be big. Will some worries and frustrations go away? Will it scare you after a while? Will you feel more relaxed or more tense and impatient? So many things are going through your mind and which one or more will cause something to happen?

I never felt any great relief when I started. However, after a few months I noticed that I had stopped completely my constant online shopping for clothes and accessories. It was definiotely not a conscious decision. It just happened. Maybe something like that will happen to you too.

I wish you the best on this new trip on which you are embarking. Try to enjoy it and do not focus on the destination, because that really is undetermined!

Hugs,

Allie

Sincere congratulations! Hope that its everything you dreamt of. Good luck and stay safe.

That's great. Hope you will update us over time.

Congratulations I hope it's everything you wanted and more good luck you look very nice in your avatar very nice

Best wishes with your HRT! Mental and emotional changes as well as physical are coming your way so sit back and enjoy the ride! Virtual Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Congratulations!

Welcome to the group of trans under HRT. I'd read about some that for different reasons can't get into hormones and is sad because, you will feel it, the emotional and physical changes are amazing, for me, it is a new birth.

Please keep a record of everything even small effect, feelings or thoughts about what is happening. I have the firm idea that human beings are very unconscious of things that we can do with our mind but when under a stimulus many things can happen. Interestingly, I see similar experiences in many under HRT. That's the reason of my curiosity.

Devi
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Congratulations. Savor the early days. Everything felt new and fun for me. Enjoy the ride babe!

Good luck and love life....
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

I hope your new adventure will be a happy journey

Im very happy for you..

I like your post. Its good to be excited and its good to be thorough and its good to keep your head on straight.

I read the responses and share alot with the group..

I had a kind of instant (AND I MEAN INSTANT) placebo effect.. I think my internal dialog was saying that this hormone was something I needed so badly to survive...it was a release and it was very powerful..

And like Aliie, alot of my obsessive behavior around my GD slowly went away.. I started to feel kind of dumb and emotional... and I dont mean the cliche of "blond moments"...it was more just having wild and inconsistent thoughts and unrealistic plans and unnecessary fears.. I did cry more but it wasn't alot, it was just a little more...

Bottom line....your response is valid no matter what it is. Sharing can be really helpful to either help you through any concerns or revel in any success..
    I am real

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Heidi,

Best wishes to you as you begin to explore a new avenue along this path. There is always a suggestion that you will feel better emotionally right away. Some attribute that to the hormones, but I believe it's something else. For me, that decision to move ahead resolved a lot of the internal discussion that constantly pushed everything else aside that needed to be addressed. Part of the anxiety was the indeterminate nature of not just how but when I could resolve those issues. Of course there will be new questions that come up but you will have regular Doctor appointments as mileage markers to help add just a little structure, something that didn't exist before. I went from being anxious over everything to just being anxious over things I could define and partly control and that was the mental/emotional relief that I got from my decision to begin taking hormones. That was the great relief I felt.

More decisions will follow, but for the next year or so just enjoy the new freedom you have granted yourself. You've earned it.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Aspiring Member
    Congrats and enjoy the ride! I've been on HRT for 7 weeks now. The emotional changes have been great! like Sarah I suspect it might be at least in part due to the decision to move on, but I do feel that the testosterone-fuelled aggression and anxiety have diminished greatly. It's almost as if my body was fighting my male hormones but is now enjoying harmony with the hormone profile it should have always had.

Now I am also starting to see physical changes. While I try to imagine my breasts are growing (I already had moobs from having lost so much weight in the last couple of years) they probably haven't noticeably grown, but efinitely the nipples and aureola are getting bigger, and the nipples are most of the time erect now. And my sexual response has changed, without breast involvement it's zero but with involvement it's nice, just not as intense as before. But it's enough to give me hope for the future, I love the calmer, less frustrating sexuality!

Aspiring Member
    Enjoy the new chapter of your life. 28 months in an I still look forward for the day I poke myself with estrogen injection (every 5 days). A small opportunity to reflect about me being a trans.

Hedi try to check in weekly status (apx 4/17)...I and we are very proud of you...
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Hows it going Heidi??
    let us know..
    I am real

I am almost the 2 week mark for HRT

I have noticed my skin is a bit softer
    My moods are about the same
    My emotions do not seem to have changed a lot but I am trying pay attention to big changes
    I do feel things in certain areas of my body and I go is that HRT or is that my imagination.

I know I am on fairly low dosages and I expect that to change when I see the doc in a few months.
    So far not any huge news or changes we shall see.

Have an amazing day
    Last edited by Nigella; 04-21-2020 at 01:26 PM. Reason: We do not allow dosages to be posted on the forum
    hugs and more hugs

Rhandi

Congrats Heidi, you have taken a big step forward
    Been there done that...best wishes for you on your journey

Hello ladies,
    Almost 3 months on HRT and absolutely no regrets. Except maybe not starting years ago.
    I have gained a fair amount of weight not sure if it is from HRT or other medications I hate exercise but it is time.

Changes I have noticed.
    My moods I do not seem to be as depressed as before.
    My nipples are constantly tender.
    Zero Labido
    Softer skin
    and I dont stink like a man anymore.

Not much else has changed that I can tell.

Heidi
    hugs and more hugs

Rhandi

The changes all sound good to me! It will keep getting better! Enjoy the Journey! Best wishes! Hugs Lana Mae(19 months!)
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

whoop whoop congrads Heidi...and please check back in..big hug Kara

Heidi, I am so happy for you, cannot wait for the next update.
    Crissy