Thread: All things will pass

All things will pass

For some the Covid-19 outbreak has been a blessing in disguise with lockdown providing them with an extended opportunity to dress, even full time for many. For others it?s the opposite with now having a house full of family and no time to dress.

While not that bad for me, I still get some time, mainly while the household lazes in bed for the first part of the morning, to put on a skirt and tights and have a little me time tidying the kitchen and having my breakfast.

Now I?m conscious that another member who did something similar got caught and the outcome hasn?t gone well. I?m also conscious that I wasn?t as understanding in my comments as some. In my defense I?ll offer that I?m able to manage the situation, a creaky floor and door handles are my friends, and can exit quickly to the toilet or garage to slip on joggers and hide the evidence so to speak. Risk aware and risk managed, always have a plan!

Anyway, that?s not the point of my post. I am starting to miss my usual opportunities when I?m home alone several times a week for periods lasting from 90 minutes to 5 hours to dress more fully. Forms and wig on are two things I miss but I?m really missing an opportunity to wear heels. It?s possibly due to the fact that I do get to wear a skirt most days but heels, well I need home alone time for that.

I have slipped a pair on for the odd couple of minutes and it feels so right but I know it?s something I?m going to have to live without for possibly months to come. So I console myself but knowing this will end and there will come that day when, home alone I can walk the house feeling good about myself.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Helen I feel you have a very healthy attitude regarding this "bad bug." I don't have any real change in my dressing time or choices but I must admit thing feel a bit off center. As you said all this will pass and if the worst should happen dressing will be the least of our problems
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Helen I like your reflectiveness. It also strikes me that in the big scheme of things, with all that is going on now, and with the uncertainty of what will be, then being able to do things that make you feel better about life is no bad idea.

Helen, I so agree with you about the heels. I'm in a slightly better position than you in that my wife accepts me wearing mostly femme clothing around the house. Ladies tops, sweaters and women's trousers and jeans are fine, but no forms, heels, skirts or dresses, other than my normal nightdresses that is. Beginning to feel that I might need to practice walking in heels again if this lock down goes on mUchida longer. Kaye

hello Helen,
    The pandemic restrictions are giving us all the time to reflect on our lives.
    At present I am heading towards becoming more adventurous, but as you say for others it might be the opposite out of necessity.
    Stay healthy
    luv J

This virus and living with family members 24/7 has probably highlighted the best and worst for all of us. I have always walked the line between DADT and the very limited acceptance for hidden dressing during situations when I am home alone but with the freedom to wear silk nightgowns and panties on a daily basis to allow me to express my feminine side. As such I bought a beautiful new long silk nightdress with lace detailing which I love and was all but encouraged to wear when it arrived. This helped deal with the fog that builds as a result of no time alone. I?m not sure how long I?ll have to wait to dress again but I will do so with good grace and no resentment. I am very interested to see if I?m facilitated slightly more leeway when restrictions lift and if I can get away with buying a beautiful summer dress when the stores reopen with so much surplus stock.